2014 Scion FR-S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,417 - $24,073.

10/7.9

Based on 24 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next

A Thing of Beauty

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Good looks. Fun drive. Bargain Price."

Cons: "Nothing jumps out at me yet"

"Can't get over how enjoyable and how beautiful this car is....and what a bargain. I look forward to many fun drives. This car is destined to become a classic."

Drive one

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick, responsive, simple, fun, sexy"

Cons: "Blind spots, fog lights, price tag"

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.

"If you read or watch reviews about this car, all the good things you hear about it are absolutely true. It's extremely nimble, hugs corners, and fantastically responsive. People always ask me, "Is it fast?" No. But, 'quick' would be more accurate, by any measure. Shifting is tight, solid. Steering is just as good. For drivers who understand driving, the FR-S is very much an extension of oneself-- a refreshing feeling, since most modern vehicles lack a real connection with the driver. Its shortcomings are few: Virtually no blind-spot visibility. The rear windows are narrow, and pillars, wide. Luckily the mirrors provide good range, and adjusted properly, my blind spots are confidently covered. Back seat is hardly practical. However, if you're looking to buy a sports car and actually plan on using the back seat, you should reconsider. Emergency situations only. A weighted shifter/shift knob would be nice. Finally, if you're conflicted about the difference between the FR-S and the BRZ, the FR-S has slightly tweaked suspension, which makes it a better performer at a lower cost. The BRZ has options available for luxury features and accessories, but base model is more expensive. I like it simple and straightforward. And the Scion FR-S delivers that better than anything else out there. If you've ever driven a Honda S2000, the feel is similar. For some strange reason, pictures and videos don't really seem to make this car look as stunning as it does in person."

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.

I love this car

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

"I read about the FR-S in 08 and forgot all about it tell I seen it two weeks ago and I went straight out and bought one!!Let me tell you that you cant go wrong if your looking for a car under 29K. 200hr are great but I can't wait to put a supercharger on it and HKS. But even if you don't it's still a great car. I was looking at getting a Dodge Challenger Hemi or an Audi TT for sometime but your looking at 37k to 42K. And don't forget about all the little add-ons, gap insurence, lowjack, ext...price keeps going up. For the FR-S after all the add-ons I was at $29,540.00. You can't beat that!! I have lots of extra$$ for my own UP-Grades."

Great Bang for Buck Rwd Sporty Car !!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Crisp steering, great exotic look for $25k car!!"

Cons: "Always could use more Power, we all want Faster :)"

Very low profile, makes the STi seem BIG!

"This car is soo balanced, precise steering and handling like no other! Prior seemed like Miata/S2000/370Z/Genesis were the only Rwd Sporty cars that weren't an insane Price! This car has more headroom then expected! Enough room for a helmet/people 6' or so. Seats A+ !! Backseats fold down and can haul 4 wheels/tires no prob- I tested it! Very bolstered and nicer than all my prior WRX/STI's I have owned. Great mpg I see 27mpg city/hwy mix and everything fit/finish/layout makes sense! I upgraded the tires to Hankook RS3 140 treadwear tire and this thing STICKS!! The car is said to be one of the Lowest Center of Gravity production cars, when matched w/ sticky tires it is like a roller coaster through the Autocross! It Rocks!! :) Best handling car I have owned by far!! Only complaint is want for more power esp if you have had turbo cars prior, spoils a person."

Very low profile, makes the STi seem BIG!

Love it.

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Looks, handling, ride, gas mileage, balance"

Cons: "Audio head unit and that's about it."

"I love just about everything about this car. It's is so far reliable, relatively quick, very good looking, and it handles amazingly. I would recommend to anyone who wants a sports car that is fun to drive and gets awesome gas mileage!"

Previous | 1 ... 3 4 5 | Next