2014 Scion FR-S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,356 - $24,799.

10/7.9

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Fun to drive short distances.

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Sporty style, great handleing, excellent gas MPG"

Cons: "Not many, stiff ride"

"This car is great fun to drive. But, only short distances less than 25 miles. Suspension is pretty stiff so every little imperfection in the road is transferred to the driver. Also, since the vehicle is so close to the ground, getting in and out can be difficult. Gas mileage is great. Sound system is awesome. A little under powered at low revs. But, impressive a 6,000-7,000 RPM. Have had the car about 10 months. Time to find something more comfortable."

Exactly how I want a car to be.

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Exterior, I'd give 99 out of 100. -1 for the tail light design. The car is very small, so it's easy to park. The car and the seat are very low and the seating position needs to be set differently from the regular car, which I like. The interior design is very simple. It feels like I'm back in the 90s, which I feel more comfortable than the 21 century design interior. The engine is noisy and the exhaust is quiet. The suspension is stiffer than the normal cars, but softer than sports cars. Steering is weighed nicely. The shifter feel is very satisfying. I like the useless rear seats. Small enough to prevent me from being the driver when there are more than one other passenger. Big enough to squeeze in adults for an emergency short trips. Trunk space is just enough. Height is pretty low, but the depth is good. Fuel economy is amazing for this type of car. I'm getting 30 mpg from 1/2 city and 1/2 highway drives. The car feels slower than it really is because it's not fast unless you go above 5000 rpm, but I enjoy driving slow car fast. I get to step on it without going too fast. Once in a while when I want to feel the power, I just can rev it up to above 5000 rpm. Now, the handling is just amazing. I never got to even screech the tires yet because when I think it's too fast for the turn, it's still nothing for this car. All of this for $25k. I appreciate Toyota and Subaru."

Awesome vehicle! A visceral driving experience!

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Absolute most bang for the buck!"

Cons: "Radio not intuitive. Could use heated mirrors."

"Aside from motorcycling, this is the most fun you can have with your clothes on! I love driving it so much that I called TireRack & ordered 4 studded snow tires mounted on steel wheels. Great fun on the ice! Had to re-initialize a power window after it stuck to the gasket in freezing temperatures, but that was easy enough once the technician told me what to do. I'm fifty-nine and have not enjoyed any vehicle as much. It's like driving a Lotus Elise with more comfortable seats and better weather protection. Rear-quarter blind spot is no worse than any other sport coupe and not as bad as the convertibles with the top up."

A Thing of Beauty

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Good looks. Fun drive. Bargain Price."

Cons: "Nothing jumps out at me yet"

"Can't get over how enjoyable and how beautiful this car is....and what a bargain. I look forward to many fun drives. This car is destined to become a classic."

Drive one

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick, responsive, simple, fun, sexy"

Cons: "Blind spots, fog lights, price tag"

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.

"If you read or watch reviews about this car, all the good things you hear about it are absolutely true. It's extremely nimble, hugs corners, and fantastically responsive. People always ask me, "Is it fast?" No. But, 'quick' would be more accurate, by any measure. Shifting is tight, solid. Steering is just as good. For drivers who understand driving, the FR-S is very much an extension of oneself-- a refreshing feeling, since most modern vehicles lack a real connection with the driver. Its shortcomings are few: Virtually no blind-spot visibility. The rear windows are narrow, and pillars, wide. Luckily the mirrors provide good range, and adjusted properly, my blind spots are confidently covered. Back seat is hardly practical. However, if you're looking to buy a sports car and actually plan on using the back seat, you should reconsider. Emergency situations only. A weighted shifter/shift knob would be nice. Finally, if you're conflicted about the difference between the FR-S and the BRZ, the FR-S has slightly tweaked suspension, which makes it a better performer at a lower cost. The BRZ has options available for luxury features and accessories, but base model is more expensive. I like it simple and straightforward. And the Scion FR-S delivers that better than anything else out there. If you've ever driven a Honda S2000, the feel is similar. For some strange reason, pictures and videos don't really seem to make this car look as stunning as it does in person."

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.