2014 Scion FR-S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,627 - $23,413.

10/7.9

Based on 27 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Love it.

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Looks, handling, ride, gas mileage, balance"

Cons: "Audio head unit and that's about it."

"I love just about everything about this car. It's is so far reliable, relatively quick, very good looking, and it handles amazingly. I would recommend to anyone who wants a sports car that is fun to drive and gets awesome gas mileage!"

LOVE IT!

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "good price, fun to drive, baller car"

Cons: "None, i love it."

"Waited for this car to come out for a long time, I love it, It handles like a dream, the seats are insanely comfortble. I love everything about this car. the price isnt bad for the car. the only thing that i dont like is the Scion badges. this makes an awesome drift car."

Great Bang for Buck Rwd Sporty Car !!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Crisp steering, great exotic look for $25k car!!"

Cons: "Always could use more Power, we all want Faster :)"

Very low profile, makes the STi seem BIG!

"This car is soo balanced, precise steering and handling like no other! Prior seemed like Miata/S2000/370Z/Genesis were the only Rwd Sporty cars that weren't an insane Price! This car has more headroom then expected! Enough room for a helmet/people 6' or so. Seats A+ !! Backseats fold down and can haul 4 wheels/tires no prob- I tested it! Very bolstered and nicer than all my prior WRX/STI's I have owned. Great mpg I see 27mpg city/hwy mix and everything fit/finish/layout makes sense! I upgraded the tires to Hankook RS3 140 treadwear tire and this thing STICKS!! The car is said to be one of the Lowest Center of Gravity production cars, when matched w/ sticky tires it is like a roller coaster through the Autocross! It Rocks!! :) Best handling car I have owned by far!! Only complaint is want for more power esp if you have had turbo cars prior, spoils a person."

Very low profile, makes the STi seem BIG!

Drive one

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick, responsive, simple, fun, sexy"

Cons: "Blind spots, fog lights, price tag"

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.

"If you read or watch reviews about this car, all the good things you hear about it are absolutely true. It's extremely nimble, hugs corners, and fantastically responsive. People always ask me, "Is it fast?" No. But, 'quick' would be more accurate, by any measure. Shifting is tight, solid. Steering is just as good. For drivers who understand driving, the FR-S is very much an extension of oneself-- a refreshing feeling, since most modern vehicles lack a real connection with the driver. Its shortcomings are few: Virtually no blind-spot visibility. The rear windows are narrow, and pillars, wide. Luckily the mirrors provide good range, and adjusted properly, my blind spots are confidently covered. Back seat is hardly practical. However, if you're looking to buy a sports car and actually plan on using the back seat, you should reconsider. Emergency situations only. A weighted shifter/shift knob would be nice. Finally, if you're conflicted about the difference between the FR-S and the BRZ, the FR-S has slightly tweaked suspension, which makes it a better performer at a lower cost. The BRZ has options available for luxury features and accessories, but base model is more expensive. I like it simple and straightforward. And the Scion FR-S delivers that better than anything else out there. If you've ever driven a Honda S2000, the feel is similar. For some strange reason, pictures and videos don't really seem to make this car look as stunning as it does in person."

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.

A joy to Drive One !

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun drive, brilliant handling, 29mpg combined !!"

Cons: "Back seat is a joke, bad interior design"

"When I got my first job, I started hunting for a sports car that I can afford, yet without compromising too much on quality. I test drove almost all the cars in the market in my price range( around 30K). I drove Genesis, Camaro, Miata, 370Z( I liked that the best but it was over my budget). Finally I decided on FR-S becuase of the following:- 1. Brilliant Handling, low Center of gravity. You won't realize how easy it is to make those turns at 65-70mph that you can never make in other cars. It sits low and sticks to the ground. 2.For a sports cars, and 200 hp , my combined gas mileage is 29.5MPG ! That is really impressive when compared to even a Miata, leave alone other cars like Camaro. 3. It is very comfortable to sit in for long drives. 4.Huge trunk space for a car like this and gets bigger if you fold the back seats. ( Back seats are a joke !, don't be fooled by it !) 5. Spare tire, miata doesn't have it. Bottom line is, if you drive one of these, you will know what I am talking about, and please buy a stick shift, transmission is so smooth. My cousin who never drove one, picked it up in 7 days !! P.S.:- You can really push this car, I drove it 120mph without feeling any discomfort or turbulence Have Fun !"