2014 Scion FR-S Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,654 - $25,087.

10/7.9

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Best value in the Fun-to-Drive category.

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "The FR-S will restore your love of driving."

Cons: "A bit more midrange torque."

You need to test-drive this car, really.

"I've owned my FR-S for about 18 months. I gave it 10s almost across the board because it's almost the perfect car for what it is, especially considering price. The fun-to-drive factor is off-the-chart. The driving dynamics (handling, road feel, steering, brakes, shifting, etc.) are outstanding. It's truly a driver's car. And it's great to look at, too! Cons: I would like more midrange power, though the FR-S can hit 60 mph in 6.2 seconds from a standing start, so it's hardly a slouch. I'd also like to see radio controls on the steering wheel because it's hard to change the station when you're carving corners on a bumpy mountain road, which I do a lot on my commute. I'll need to move on to another car before too long because it's getting hard at my age to get in and out of a car that sits as low to the ground as the FR-S does. There are also times when it would be helpful for someone else in my family to drive it but I'm the only one who can drive a stick-shift. And sometimes I need to haul more stuff than an FR-S can carry. But there's no doubt that this will be the most fun car I've ever owned, by far."

You need to test-drive this car, really.

can be a fun car,poor build though

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "great handling,head turner"

Cons: "poor build quality,no low-end"

"its a fun car to drive. not a street rod,you'll get embarrassed,this car has no low-end torque.Great handling though,fun for a curvy road. My biggest complaint with my car is the build quality. Both door panels rattle, rear deck rattles,trunk lid rattles, rear window vibrates on rough roads nose and hood panels do not fit properly at seal resulting in an ongoing corrosion problem I'm fighting with. Driver airbag cover is not centered on wheel. moisture gets inside door panels(i.e roll the windows up and down 2 days after a rain and the windows will be wet) can't be good for any door electrical components. mechanically I've had fuel pump issues and ecu problems My car is 1 and 1/2 years old. MY advice if you're looking to buy, go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure all service bulletins are C/W"

best car everrr

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

"i love my frs =)"

Best handling car I have ever driven.

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "almost everything"

Cons: "tail light condensation (very common problem)"

"Extremely good car, with the exception of the usual condensation in the tail lamps. There are cheap fixes for this available on the interwebs though. The handling and balance of this car is amazing. Just driving "normally", you won't have to learn how to drive the car. However, driving competitively or agressive street driving requires one to shift around 7300 rpm. Takes some getting used to, but its a lot of fun."

Handles beautifully...quick and flexible!

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "roller skate on ice/snow"

"I love this little sports car...beautiful design and great handling, except on snow and ice. At that point, even with the "snow" button pressed, this great little car turns into a roller skate! I've added 180 lbs. of sand bags to the trunk to help, but results are not more than minimal. Other issue is climbing out of the glove-like seats...must be an agile person. I would recommend this for a three- season driver for a younger person."

First car that warranted me buying new!

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

"I have had literally over 100 used cars (went through the phase of buying and selling rust free classics out here in Arizona). My favorites have been the Datsun 240z's and early Miatas. I have to say this if you took the best parts of both cars, coupled it with some modern technology, you'd have the Scion FRS. I bought the 10th anniversary edition as I loved the color and some of the little options. Anyway, absolutely perfect car and with the seats folding down it has surprising trunk capacity. Thank you Toyota/Scion, you created a modern sports car waiting to be crowned a classic. Just please don't make too many of them... lol I like being unique."

1990s Technology in a 2010s sports car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; Cheap; Fast; Good MPG; Handles well"

Cons: "Poor audio system; NO modern technology"

"This car is fun to drive, sporty, and quick. A pleasure to drive. My friend's 2002 Civic however, has more technology in it than my FR-S. No steering wheel controls for the audio system. The voice command doesn't work well (relies on your phone's voice command if it has one). Speakers sound like they're about to blow at low volume and the EQ adjustments are better on my college clock-radio. If you just want to drive, get this car. If you like modern technology... go for ANYTHING else built after 2000."

A joy to Drive One !

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun drive, brilliant handling, 29mpg combined !!"

Cons: "Back seat is a joke, bad interior design"

"When I got my first job, I started hunting for a sports car that I can afford, yet without compromising too much on quality. I test drove almost all the cars in the market in my price range( around 30K). I drove Genesis, Camaro, Miata, 370Z( I liked that the best but it was over my budget). Finally I decided on FR-S becuase of the following:- 1. Brilliant Handling, low Center of gravity. You won't realize how easy it is to make those turns at 65-70mph that you can never make in other cars. It sits low and sticks to the ground. 2.For a sports cars, and 200 hp , my combined gas mileage is 29.5MPG ! That is really impressive when compared to even a Miata, leave alone other cars like Camaro. 3. It is very comfortable to sit in for long drives. 4.Huge trunk space for a car like this and gets bigger if you fold the back seats. ( Back seats are a joke !, don't be fooled by it !) 5. Spare tire, miata doesn't have it. Bottom line is, if you drive one of these, you will know what I am talking about, and please buy a stick shift, transmission is so smooth. My cousin who never drove one, picked it up in 7 days !! P.S.:- You can really push this car, I drove it 120mph without feeling any discomfort or turbulence Have Fun !"

FR-S 10th anniversary is even better

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pros: "delivers everything it promises"

Cons: "bespoke (nav) is a much too expensive upgrade"

"Picked up a manual 10th anniversary. This car is awesome. The 10th has a lot of little extras that make a very good car GREAT! I strongly suggest you consider an FR-S if you enjoy driving and if at all possible, the 10th. It isn't much more, has all the right things with nothing really frivolous. The dealers will resist discounting but I was able to get mine for a little less than invoice using one of the pricing tools, USAA I think it was. Michael 1749/2500"

It will make you smile!!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive, good MPG"

Cons: "Fuel guage hard to read"

"Fun to drive. Handles great. A classic sports car! Just enough power. Not a family car. I love it!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next