2013 Scion FR-S

Based on 34 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Own S2000 and FR-S. Both Are Wonderful Cars

By on Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Pros: "Handling, comfort, gas mileage, smooth shifter"

Cons: "Wish it had another 50 horsepower"

"FR-S is all about corners. The FR-S is a much more comfortable car than the S2000. Both handle excellently and both are cornering fools. Both are rock solid reliable. S2000 is faster, but FR-S handles better when pushed very hard in corners on a track. I have driven both cars on long distance road trips. The FR-S is infinitely more comfortable, but the S2000 shines when you need high altitude horsepower. Both get very good gas mileage, though the FR-S consistently got 32 on the interstate, with the S2000 getting around 28."

Drive one

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Great driver, quick, responsive, simple, fun, sexy"

Cons: "Blind spots, fog lights, price tag"

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.

"If you read or watch reviews about this car, all the good things you hear about it are absolutely true. It's extremely nimble, hugs corners, and fantastically responsive. People always ask me, "Is it fast?" No. But, 'quick' would be more accurate, by any measure. Shifting is tight, solid. Steering is just as good. For drivers who understand driving, the FR-S is very much an extension of oneself-- a refreshing feeling, since most modern vehicles lack a real connection with the driver. Its shortcomings are few: Virtually no blind-spot visibility. The rear windows are narrow, and pillars, wide. Luckily the mirrors provide good range, and adjusted properly, my blind spots are confidently covered. Back seat is hardly practical. However, if you're looking to buy a sports car and actually plan on using the back seat, you should reconsider. Emergency situations only. A weighted shifter/shift knob would be nice. Finally, if you're conflicted about the difference between the FR-S and the BRZ, the FR-S has slightly tweaked suspension, which makes it a better performer at a lower cost. The BRZ has options available for luxury features and accessories, but base model is more expensive. I like it simple and straightforward. And the Scion FR-S delivers that better than anything else out there. If you've ever driven a Honda S2000, the feel is similar. For some strange reason, pictures and videos don't really seem to make this car look as stunning as it does in person."

Moments before driving it off the showroom floor.

Great Bang for Buck Rwd Sporty Car !!

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "Crisp steering, great exotic look for $25k car!!"

Cons: "Always could use more Power, we all want Faster :)"

Very low profile, makes the STi seem BIG!

"This car is soo balanced, precise steering and handling like no other! Prior seemed like Miata/S2000/370Z/Genesis were the only Rwd Sporty cars that weren't an insane Price! This car has more headroom then expected! Enough room for a helmet/people 6' or so. Seats A+ !! Backseats fold down and can haul 4 wheels/tires no prob- I tested it! Very bolstered and nicer than all my prior WRX/STI's I have owned. Great mpg I see 27mpg city/hwy mix and everything fit/finish/layout makes sense! I upgraded the tires to Hankook RS3 140 treadwear tire and this thing STICKS!! The car is said to be one of the Lowest Center of Gravity production cars, when matched w/ sticky tires it is like a roller coaster through the Autocross! It Rocks!! :) Best handling car I have owned by far!! Only complaint is want for more power esp if you have had turbo cars prior, spoils a person."

Very low profile, makes the STi seem BIG!

Awesome Car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "speeding tickets (2 already)"

"I received one of the first; I have had trouble finding someone reliable to modify the car. One of the best parts about it is the fun to drive. Other then that I just wish it had a little more power and the TRD parts available via JDM were in the USA. But soon enough :)"

Love it.

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pros: "Looks, handling, ride, gas mileage, balance"

Cons: "Audio head unit and that's about it."

"I love just about everything about this car. It's is so far reliable, relatively quick, very good looking, and it handles amazingly. I would recommend to anyone who wants a sports car that is fun to drive and gets awesome gas mileage!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Scion FR-S near Honolulu. See local deals