2009 Saturn VUE

8.2

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

Splendid handling, superb gas mileage, tows great

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, reasonable price; full featured"

Cons: "A-pillars are too thick; impedes side vision."

"I bought this Vue when the previous (housewife in Michigan) traded at the end of the lease. Couldn't be happier. Seats my 3 grandkids in the second seat; added a tow hitch for my camper trailer. The extra-tight turning radius continues to amaze me. Gas mileage-in mostly city driving--is 22-20 mpg. The 4-cyl is more than adequate for 99% of my driving. Were I to redesign, I'd make the A-pillars thinner. Several times at intersections, I've not seen an approaching vehicle. Too thick pillars is the cause. Looks good; stays sharp. Tell the Saturn "true believers" they produced a superior vehicle."

Very good looking red SUV.

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Pros: "you sit up high, great, quiet ride,"

Cons: "none really"

"new tires clean interior and exterior, I am the second owner and I have had it for 30 days sweet deal if you want and suv for less that 10,000"

Great Value for the $$$

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money."

"Love the visibility and large front windshield. I am a tall driver and find the car to be very roomy and comfortable. Very practical for carrying bikes and baggage with rear seats folded down and easy access. Quite fun to drive with a lot of power and strong handling. A very trouble free car as well. I rented a RAV4 prior to purchasing and found the Saturn to be far superior and more fun to drive."

VERY GOOD SUV - for the smaller family

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fast, gas mileage, looks, value"

Cons: "tight cockpit, small cargo for family of 4"

"The car has been fantastic for reliablity. We installed nav, leather and dvd and couldn't ask for a better value! The drivers area is a little snug for my 6'1" frame. It could use a little more cargo room for strollers and groceries at the same time. We are a family of 4 and we fit, but can't bring friends/family with us. It has wonderful power but still gets decent gas mileage (25mpg). Overall we couldn't have asked for better we've put 30k a year on it and it's never let us down. Best vehicle saturn built hands down, if you're looking, buy it. Faster than an X3 with better reliablity and cheaper to fix when it does fail."

Better than I thought

By on Friday, May 20, 2011

"I love this car. It is my first SUV and I always drove small cars. It drives like a dream, very smooth and since it is a Hybrid it is very silent. I have had no trouble in 3 years. I got one of the last ones manufactured so had to take silver. I wanted red but I am happy with it."

worried about resale value...

By on Saturday, January 23, 2010

"Bought our 2008 Vue after trading in our Saturn Ion because we needed a family car. Pros: Very comfortable, nice styling, LOVE the plug-in for I Pod in the dash, front passenger seat folds flat, great safety features, Onstar. Cons: 4 cylinder is quite sluggish, lots of little issues like wiper fluid sprayer malfunction, light in the glove box didn't turn off = dead battery, lots of unexplained little dents in the trim around the windows (interior and exterior), mileage is so-so. My biggest concern is whether or not the resale value is now in the toilet because of the end of Saturn as a brand. At this point I would not buy this car again."

Saturn Vue Greenline (hybrid)

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"This vehicle is diffenately a smart buy. It is one of the cheapest SUV in the market. I get an average of 27 Mpg (both hwy,city), which I feel is good considering the space that it offers. I feel that the exterior style with the upgraded 17'' (stock) rims makes the Vue really stylish in comparison to the Vue Xe. The cons that I find with the Vue is that the interior has a minor quality issues. Saturn took thier time upgrading the features of the interior with added functionality but never paid much attention to small details withn the vehicle like making sure step boards are ruggedized, steering wheel base is tightly secured, minor outside noise when the windows are up, and acceleration is lacking but I am sure it is a trade off for the mpg. Overall great SUV. The Pros is the every day savings from this horrible gas situation that we are in. I also enjoy when I am at a traffic light, traffic jam, or drive-thru that I am not wasting any gas because my electric motor is running instead. The resale value will be considerably higher than the standard HUVs'. Hybrid Tax Incentive is around $1,550 for this vehicle. I know that the 2009 Saturn Vue greenline will be a upgrade from this one; with the "2mode hybrid system" and the center console display screen, but I am sure that the price of the Suv will be considerably higher."

Loving It

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I've owned the 2008 XE 4cyl FWD Vue for only 7 hours, but I am already in love!!! I am a larger guy, but I find this vehicle to have plenty of room. Cosmetics are sharp. Handling is great. This is my first Saturn, and am impressed thus far. I like the giddy-upness of a 6cyl, but I got the 4cyl because of price, and the upcoming $4/gallon of gas. The 4cyl provides what I expected, and I'm okay with that, but if you are a person that NEEDS the giddy-upness I would recomment the 6cyl."

outstanding style n value

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"3rd Saturn and each one seems to get better n better. Outsatanding vehilcle, sharp looking styling, XE w/ has more than amply power coupled w/ a 19.2 gallon gas tank longer cruising range than most of it's competition. Its not just the car but the company, it's people and how they treat you as their customer. Gave a 4 star for reliability as this is the new redesigned Vue, but if it's like the other 2 Saturn's, reliability seems to be one of many considerations Saturn designs in before it hits the showroom floor."

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"This is my 3rd Saturn (the other 2 are an AURA XR & OUTLOOK XR). The RedLine handles like a dream, looks sleek and sporty with its ground effects, dual exhaust, 18" wheels and sport suspension. Inside the black leather and suede inserts feel oh so comfortable!"

Purchased new, driven for 100,000 miles no problem

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Great Value."

Cons: "None. Low rated recommendation - no new cars!"

"This VUE has served us well for the 6 years we've driven 100,000 miles. Oil changes, tires and alignments have been virtually the only issues. We did lose tail/break lights suddenly but this was caused by a $15.00 plug in fuse. We regret that Saturn left the business. We now have a collectors item (orphan?). Highly recommended. DJ"

Great car

By on Friday, July 16, 2010

"we've had the Vue now for about a year and a half. We have had no issues with mechanical, electrical, or cosmetics. We get about 20 mpg for all around driving, about 24 mpg when driving on the Interstate. the engine has oodles of power, and the transmission shifts as smooth as silk. I added a reese hitch and have no trouble hauling a over a ton and a half of trailer and load."

nice and economical

By on Friday, January 1, 2010

"I have a 2008 Saturn Vue 4 cyl. When I bought the car it already had 29,000 miles on it but ran like new... Ive had the car for a year and a half and have already put 40,000 more mile on it... (I'm in Real Estate) And the only mechanical issue I had was replacing the battery and wiper blades. This is a great little car to buzz around town in and is great with gas!!"

A shame the brand is going away

By on Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"My wife and I bought an XR V6 Vue and a XR Outlook at the same time. The Vue's reliability has been flawless. The Outlook is more comfortable and quieter, but the Vue is more enjoyable to drive. Though they essentially have the same drivetrain, the Vue doesn't have the "hunting" transmission issues that the Outlook has. The only thing I'd improve in the Vue is the seats. The front seat bottoms, I find, are too short. My wife is 5' 2" and she thinks they are perfect."

No Problems at all!

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"I have an 08 XR I bought almost 2 yrs ago and I love it. The only problem we've faced was having a rear facing car seat in the back, but now that we have a normal one, there's plenty of room. I like that the back seats recline so it's easier for the kids to sleep on trips. As far as people complaining about gas mileage, I don't know what that guy's doing to get 13 mpg... I easily get 19-20 in town and about 23-24 hwy."

so far so good

By on Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"traded in my envoy for the hybrid, and i am glad i did,,,,,,,,,averaging 28 mpg around town, and much better on the highway,,,,not very peppy, but i can live with that,,,,,,,,,,,,its a smooth quiet ride, and i am loving that i dont have to fill up every other day,,,,,,,,,,,,,all in all, i am glad i bought this car,,,,,,,,,also, they gave it to me @ $4,600 under the msrp of $28,600"

Disappointing

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"The 4 cylinder is severely underpowered. It's a small vehicle for someone with kids. Mileage isn't what I had hoped for, no where near what they suggest as mileage. It's a good grocery-getter but not good on the highway. My husband sits in the passenger seat and gets a headache riding in it as it's bumpy."

Great Cross-over

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Very nice car, would get the 6cyl in the future."

I Love my Vue

By on Monday, December 8, 2008

"I traded in my 03 Ford Explorer for my 08 Vue so that I could get better gas milage. Compared to my Ford the Vue does do better mpg's but I wish it would be better. I got the 4 cly and the get up and go is a little slow but fine for me since I am never in a hurry to get anywhere. All in Al I love my VUE and am happy with it. I do wish that it had a little bit of leg room in the back seat plus we have a baby and her car seat does not fit in the middle of the seat very well because of the stupid hump in the middle of the seat"

other than mpg, it's great!

By on Thursday, October 9, 2008

"bought my orange vue redline back in feb 08. absolutely love it. most people wouldnt notice the little ticks other people have mentioned about this car - I dont! my only problem has been that the backup battery that runs the onstar was practically dead when i bought the car & it seemed to be difficult to get them to fix it. I travel frequently with my job & the comfort my redline offers cannot be beat. the seat structure is actually different than that of the other lines and it is definitely worth every penny. everyone who rides along comments on the comfort and space. it was an incredibly expensive purchase, but as long as the car keeps truckin, I wont be getting rid of it anytime soon."

I Love This Car

By on Thursday, January 17, 2008

"The new 2008 Saturn Vue was a complete surprise to me, and never a consideration. My friend suggested I check it out.....and I was like abolutely not. I wanted a small SUV, but my eyes were on the Lexus RX 350, Envoy Denali or BMW X3, and a Saturn I didn't consider. By chance I went by the Saturn dealership, and fell in love with the exterior, and peeped into the interior and was amazed, after I drove it I had to have it. I have all the features I wanted in the other vehicles, but without the heavier price tag. I'm absolutely loving my new Saturn Vue XR and by the looks and comments I get so are others."

Love this car

By on Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, great price"

"I am not sure what people are talking about the 4 cylinders being so horrifying. My lil 4 cylinder Vue is awsome. the gas mileage is great, the ride is very comfortable. We take it everywhere. The car people realy need to be critisizing is the ford windstars. Now those are junk. I would definately recommend this car to anyone who is looking for reliable transportation."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"Bought this car after our first child and it has been such a wonderful and reliable car!! Heated seats are amazing and it drives like a car. Gas mileage is wonderful for an SUV!!"

BEST VEHICLE FOR THE MONEY

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Price, interior looks.."

Cons: "no rear a/c"

"Thank God my husband made a research before I went for another Toyota or even worse, a Hyundai. Never thought I'd love an american made car like I like this one. The alternative in the same price range for the above mentioned brands were so much inferior in class, actually in everything, including the svc.."

Great medium size SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, looks, utility and price"

Cons: "Front seats could be a bit bigger"

"Great exterior modern styling, most likely because was designed in Europe and sold there and Australia well before was "redesigned" here in the states. Great gas mileage, enough space when traveling. So far only the battery has been replaced, otherwise only oil changes. The speakers are ok but they are the type that last only 3-4 yrs, however, the sound still pretty good. This vehicle looks great and quite different when updating the wheels for 20 inch silver painted only, no chrome. After 3 years people still ask what brand it is and because of the wheels they think is an Audi or a Porsche! That is just weird. It is nice to have a vehicle that you don't see on the road much because of only two year production."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn VUE near Honolulu. See local deals