• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000
2009 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, July 25, 2009

"I own a 09' redline and have had ZERO problems! I bought this car because I used to fix them. I was a Saturn tech in Jacksonville, FL for the last 4 years (I had to quit working on cars due to medical reasons). Let me start by saying DO NOT BUY THE 4CYL MODELS!! The vehicle is too heavy and under powered! Same goes for the HYBRID, if you want your car in the shop 24/7 then buy the HYBRID! OK now that that’s out of the way! The XR and Redline with the 3.6L V6 is GREAT! The first thing you should do when you take it in for service the first time is ask if there are any SERVICE BULLITINS THAT PERTAIN TO YOUR VEHICLE. This should clear up most of the problems from the factory. once this is done, the only problems that we see are with the radios and A/C control heads. The radio problems are a hit and miss and are a problem with the radio head itself and can only be replaced as a unit. The A/C control head problem has been resolved and the new control head that will be installed has no known problems. That’s really it! One last thing, install aftermarket accessories at your own risk! They can cause electrical faults, noise, water entry into the cabin, and ultimately ruin your vehicle!"

Great car even with just the 4cyl

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"I L-O-V-E, LOVE my new 2008 Saturn Vue XE. I was worried at first about the poor ratings with the 4 cylinder model, but I can honestly say that those fears are un-founded...or at least not that big of a deal! I took my Vue on a road trip down the east coast 3 days after purchasing the car and so got to know the car very quickly! The revving up of the RPM's as the Vue went to get up to speed on the highway was quickly corrected by my husband who's driven 4 cylinder cars his whole life--me, I was a 6 cylinder junkie from the day I got my license. Once I figured out how to let the gas off when going up a hill just enough to force the gear shift, then continuing to accelerate in the lower RPM's, it was smooth sailing--even through those fun hills in the Shenandoah Valley! And the best part of my new Vue--waaaaaay better gas mileage than my old 6 cylinder SUV!!! Thank you Saturn for the Vue, it's been a car I've wanted for a while and the 2008 has quickly become my bestest friend! :)"

Great SUV

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"Replaced my Subaru Outback with the Saturn AWD. Very glad I did. The Saturn AWD handles and brakes very well. Gets 24 mpg when mostly highway and 21 when I drive in Boston. Has been maintenance free car without a single problem. Car is very solid; I live on dirt roads and car maintains its grip even when I drive faster than I should. By comparison, the Subaru would be off the road in the woods. The six cylinder is surprisingly powerful. If you have a lead foot you won't get great mileage. I drive looking at RPM and if you stay around 1500 rpm which is not hard to do, you will get 25 mpg consistently. My only complaint is that the gas tank is too small. You need to look for a gas station at 300 miles."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted