2009 Saturn VUE

8.3

Based on 216 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

average

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"I bought my 2008 Red Line in Feb. 08. I was attracted to Saturn because of members in my family telling me of the quality of the vehicle. One feature that it did not have was the sunroof, which I had installed. Then I started noticing more and more moisture inside the vehicle (was not the sunroof). The factory did not install a couple of plugs inside the framework of the vehicle, allowing the water from the road and tires to enter the vehicle. The whole inside of the vehicle was wet up to the back seats. While the vehicle is beautiful and handles well, I am still not getting the gas mileage advertised on the sticker. I am lucky to be getting 12 MPG (AWD/3.6L). I should be getting at least 18-20 with combined highway/city driving. The vehicle has been to the dealer twice now due to water problem and now electrical problems. I found that the dealer/Saturn has new software updates for the vehicle that were not installed at the factory or the dealer. So much for paying $600 for dealer prep. I just hope this message is read by others if you notice moisture in the vehicle or problems with your electronics. It will save you some headaches later. For the price that I paid ($34,000), I should of bought either the Edge or a KIA. Both of those handled better, with the same or better power, and a lower price."

Splendid handling, superb gas mileage, tows great

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, reasonable price; full featured"

Cons: "A-pillars are too thick; impedes side vision."

"I bought this Vue when the previous (housewife in Michigan) traded at the end of the lease. Couldn't be happier. Seats my 3 grandkids in the second seat; added a tow hitch for my camper trailer. The extra-tight turning radius continues to amaze me. Gas mileage-in mostly city driving--is 22-20 mpg. The 4-cyl is more than adequate for 99% of my driving. Were I to redesign, I'd make the A-pillars thinner. Several times at intersections, I've not seen an approaching vehicle. Too thick pillars is the cause. Looks good; stays sharp. Tell the Saturn "true believers" they produced a superior vehicle."

i love it!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"ive had this car for 3 years and put 82000 miles on it, i havent had any problems with it till now. and even then its nothing that isnt drivable."

Great Value for the $$$

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money."

"Love the visibility and large front windshield. I am a tall driver and find the car to be very roomy and comfortable. Very practical for carrying bikes and baggage with rear seats folded down and easy access. Quite fun to drive with a lot of power and strong handling. A very trouble free car as well. I rented a RAV4 prior to purchasing and found the Saturn to be far superior and more fun to drive."

Best Small SUV Ever!!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great size, great look"

"This is absolutely my favorite small SUV. I love everything about it! I have owned it for about 4 years and still love it. In the past I have gotten sick of my vehicles after about a year or two... that was not the case with this vehicle."

Good CUV

By on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"2009 Vue XE V6 AWD. I bought (paid cash) this vehicle (when it was two years six months old) from auction with 65k miles on it, one previous owner. Now I have 78k miles on it. I use it as my primary vehicle. I'm a male, 41 years old, 6' tall and 220 lbs, seats are comfortable for me, seat height is perfect (for those that say different, there is a lever on the side to raise and lower the seat about 5" ,duh!). I frequently use this CUV to haul 4 full size adults and everyone seems to think it is roomy and comfortable (even in rear seats). Pulls my 19' runabout boat no problem every weekend (2750lbs). AWD works great. Excellent interstate handling, I usually do 78 mph and get constant 22.2 mpg on interstate (I drive Atlanta GA to Charlotte NC) and around town I get 20-21.5 mpg (mixed highway and city). I am NOT a GM fan (I know it says Saturn, but it is still a GM), but this CUV isn't bad. It has grown on me and I like it more the longer I own it. I have had minimal mechanical issues so far (As I said, I did buy it used at auction so some small things needed fixing: A/C refrigerent leak was my most expensive repair ~$100, other small repairs when bought were:12v supply fuse, wiper blades, light bulb, etc...) Had one small oil leak at timing chain cover gasket repaired by GM ($ was covered under 100k powertrain warranty). Not sure if I would have bought it new, but I got a great deal (50% NADA value) and I am very pleased with my purchase. My main complaints: The center console arm rest should be 4" forward for ultimate right elbow comfort, The center pillar (where the radio and A/C controls are housed) pokes my right knee in just the "WRONG" spot. Other than that, I am glad I bought this vehicle."

Like the style

By on Sunday, February 01, 2009

"My wife has driven this vehicle for the last 4 months and loves it. It has all the style and comfort of higher cost luxury crossovers and so far it has had no problems with any mechanical, electrical, or, other item. She gets 24-25 mpg on the road, with and has averaged 20 mpg overall. We have just had a deep 11" snowfall and I was worried that the FWD wouldn't get thru the snow but it seemed to do fine as long as the incline wasn't too great. We rarely get snows of great depth since weathermen have said it has been 10 years snce our last snowfall of 10"" or more. I would recommend to get a FWD unless you live in the extreme northern climates"

Saturn Vue Greenline (hybrid)

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"This vehicle is diffenately a smart buy. It is one of the cheapest SUV in the market. I get an average of 27 Mpg (both hwy,city), which I feel is good considering the space that it offers. I feel that the exterior style with the upgraded 17'' (stock) rims makes the Vue really stylish in comparison to the Vue Xe. The cons that I find with the Vue is that the interior has a minor quality issues. Saturn took thier time upgrading the features of the interior with added functionality but never paid much attention to small details withn the vehicle like making sure step boards are ruggedized, steering wheel base is tightly secured, minor outside noise when the windows are up, and acceleration is lacking but I am sure it is a trade off for the mpg. Overall great SUV. The Pros is the every day savings from this horrible gas situation that we are in. I also enjoy when I am at a traffic light, traffic jam, or drive-thru that I am not wasting any gas because my electric motor is running instead. The resale value will be considerably higher than the standard HUVs'. Hybrid Tax Incentive is around $1,550 for this vehicle. I know that the 2009 Saturn Vue greenline will be a upgrade from this one; with the "2mode hybrid system" and the center console display screen, but I am sure that the price of the Suv will be considerably higher."

Loving It

By on Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I've owned the 2008 XE 4cyl FWD Vue for only 7 hours, but I am already in love!!! I am a larger guy, but I find this vehicle to have plenty of room. Cosmetics are sharp. Handling is great. This is my first Saturn, and am impressed thus far. I like the giddy-upness of a 6cyl, but I got the 4cyl because of price, and the upcoming $4/gallon of gas. The 4cyl provides what I expected, and I'm okay with that, but if you are a person that NEEDS the giddy-upness I would recomment the 6cyl."

outstanding style n value

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"3rd Saturn and each one seems to get better n better. Outsatanding vehilcle, sharp looking styling, XE w/ has more than amply power coupled w/ a 19.2 gallon gas tank longer cruising range than most of it's competition. Its not just the car but the company, it's people and how they treat you as their customer. Gave a 4 star for reliability as this is the new redesigned Vue, but if it's like the other 2 Saturn's, reliability seems to be one of many considerations Saturn designs in before it hits the showroom floor."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn VUE near Honolulu. See local deals