2008 Saturn VUE

8.3

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2008 - 2010 models.

average

By on Monday, May 26, 2008

"I bought my 2008 Red Line in Feb. 08. I was attracted to Saturn because of members in my family telling me of the quality of the vehicle. One feature that it did not have was the sunroof, which I had installed. Then I started noticing more and more moisture inside the vehicle (was not the sunroof). The factory did not install a couple of plugs inside the framework of the vehicle, allowing the water from the road and tires to enter the vehicle. The whole inside of the vehicle was wet up to the back seats. While the vehicle is beautiful and handles well, I am still not getting the gas mileage advertised on the sticker. I am lucky to be getting 12 MPG (AWD/3.6L). I should be getting at least 18-20 with combined highway/city driving. The vehicle has been to the dealer twice now due to water problem and now electrical problems. I found that the dealer/Saturn has new software updates for the vehicle that were not installed at the factory or the dealer. So much for paying $600 for dealer prep. I just hope this message is read by others if you notice moisture in the vehicle or problems with your electronics. It will save you some headaches later. For the price that I paid ($34,000), I should of bought either the Edge or a KIA. Both of those handled better, with the same or better power, and a lower price."

Splendid handling, superb gas mileage, tows great

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, reasonable price; full featured"

Cons: "A-pillars are too thick; impedes side vision."

"I bought this Vue when the previous (housewife in Michigan) traded at the end of the lease. Couldn't be happier. Seats my 3 grandkids in the second seat; added a tow hitch for my camper trailer. The extra-tight turning radius continues to amaze me. Gas mileage-in mostly city driving--is 22-20 mpg. The 4-cyl is more than adequate for 99% of my driving. Were I to redesign, I'd make the A-pillars thinner. Several times at intersections, I've not seen an approaching vehicle. Too thick pillars is the cause. Looks good; stays sharp. Tell the Saturn "true believers" they produced a superior vehicle."

i love it!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"ive had this car for 3 years and put 82000 miles on it, i havent had any problems with it till now. and even then its nothing that isnt drivable."

Great Value for the $$$

By on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pros: "Great value for the money."

"Love the visibility and large front windshield. I am a tall driver and find the car to be very roomy and comfortable. Very practical for carrying bikes and baggage with rear seats folded down and easy access. Quite fun to drive with a lot of power and strong handling. A very trouble free car as well. I rented a RAV4 prior to purchasing and found the Saturn to be far superior and more fun to drive."

VERY GOOD SUV - for the smaller family

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "reliable, fast, gas mileage, looks, value"

Cons: "tight cockpit, small cargo for family of 4"

"The car has been fantastic for reliablity. We installed nav, leather and dvd and couldn't ask for a better value! The drivers area is a little snug for my 6'1" frame. It could use a little more cargo room for strollers and groceries at the same time. We are a family of 4 and we fit, but can't bring friends/family with us. It has wonderful power but still gets decent gas mileage (25mpg). Overall we couldn't have asked for better we've put 30k a year on it and it's never let us down. Best vehicle saturn built hands down, if you're looking, buy it. Faster than an X3 with better reliablity and cheaper to fix when it does fail."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn VUE near Honolulu. See local deals