"I bought this car used in 2007 with about 50-60k miles on it. It is a 2003. The first couple years not really any major issues but was pricey everytime it needed tires, brake pads, etc. The past year - 2 years the mechanical issues have gotten worse. Everytime in shop the bill is $500 and now the transmission is going so time to get rid of it! These cars have recalls on their tranmissions. Poor design on tranmission, engine not very powerful, got stuck very easily. If it wasn't for all those issues I'd love the car looks-wise and interior room, good gas mileage for an SUV. I would not advise buying this car!!"
"I have owned an '04 V6 FWD Vue since January of '06 and have put nearly 170k miles on the vehicle. I bought it on a recommendation from a mechanic friend of mine who was clued into the Honda engine etc. Decent gas mileage 9I average between 22-25 mpg overall. Cargo space is good and riding with 4-5 adults is not too uncomfortable. I would buy one again, but have had a few non-regular maintenance issues on the vehicle:
1. Defective CD player (common problem with the Vue's)
2. The piece that connects the steering column (very bad shaking), twice.
3. Oil pan
4. The lock mechanism on the back hatch (stopped locking)
5. Calipers (they had locked up wearing down the brakes)
6. Just this week had to replace a wheel bearing."