• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2007 Saturn SKY

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

I love my Sky!

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Responsiveness, power, maneuverability"

Cons: "Getting replacenent parts, blind spots, trunk spac"

"I've owned this baby for 7-1/2 years, and she is so sweet! (I got two speeding tickets in the first year because she's so smooth on acceleration and ride that it's easy to . . . Overreach.) Head to head with my ex-husband's Corvette, I could match him, and for maneuverability, because the Sky is shorter, I could best him in heavy, fast traffic. And that's working on only four cylinders and "just" five on the floor. (I can be very competitive, and he was a fighter pilot.) I have driven this baby in all kinds of weather. I prefer to drive her instead of my Saturn Sports Coupe (2002) in slushy conditions because of the traction control -- on, off, middle -- but she's very light in the rear, over the rear wheel drive, so she's not my first choice when the weather gets really bad because the engine weight isn't over the drive wheels. And then there's the issue of inexperienced snow drivers. The SC2 is 12 years old. I'd rather have some inexperienced driver take out my "no more mommy car" than my baby. I have to be careful about sand/salt/pedestrian crosswalk stripes, especially with rain, but it's easy to accommodate these things. After all, when you drive a premium sports car, you learn weaknesses first, as you test out performance. Light in the boot. So be it. Worst things about my baby: First, cup holders are ill-placed and weak plastic. Took five years, but I finally broke one. Second, it's only a weekend getaway car if you travel with someone else and travel light. (I don't have to worry about that anymore.) There really isn't a luggage compartment. The "trunk" is mostly gas tank and space to lower the top. I learned quickly how to pack for travel with and without a passenger. When I do road trip every summer, I pack my luggage for the passenger foot space, with an eye toward taking EVERYTHING in at each hotel on the road. Third, you have to get used to the blind spots when the top is up. It's amazing how much you can't see with the top up versus top down. Top down, you see Everything. You'll need someone to help you set the mirrors for the large blind spots on either side, top up. Fourth, they don't make them anymore. Takes a while to get replacement parts (like the cup holder I finally broke). If they did, I'd be trading in for the latest model, like, two years ago. I love this car so much, and the upgrades that were in the pipeline when the economy did belly-up and Saturn bowed out . . . It's a shame Saturn went under. Now I have to get parts (like replacement key fobs) through Chevrolet. My local dealerships aren't really friendly towards owners of the "Lady's Corvette." I think they want me to upgrade to their no-kidding Corvette. And I think that may also be because of where I live, that dealership attitude. It's a high-income region. Everyone should get a Corvette. Is what is is, here. So be it. I still drive the most stylin' American made ride locally. Even the sister cars, the Soltices, are still around, and we all greet as if we all owned Corvettes. (Those few remaining Soltices drivers are SOOOO stylin', too.). We're more stylin' because we own future classics, never to be seen again --no restyle, no remodel, no next year edition. Sky (like Solstice) was a limited release model in a special world. Anyone can own a Corvette. There are only so many of us who have the privilege of owning a Sky. I want to drive this car until the day I die. It has its drawbacks, and some inconveniences, but no vehicle is perfect. My baby has served me in the way I needed at the time I bought her (call it mid-life crisis if you want) and she continues to serve me well. I doubt I'll ever trade her in. When they finally put me in a nursing home, I have two kids who are already fighting over her. I'm going to have to put her in my will. This IS a Lady's Corvette. It owns all the vrooooom you could ask for. The growl of the engine quite isn't so deep as a Porche, maybe, (it's only four cylinders) but it's still impressive. And it doesn't have a woosy horn, either. This isn't a good car for people much over six-foot. Sorry, not gonna work. When I was working with my dealership to order this baby, I watched one gentleman walk out near tears because the cockpit couldn't give him enough room to sit comfortably in the 2007 model. I felt for him. There are people who have traveled long distances to buy a Sky. It's Blue Book value may be under 10k, but the people who really want this collector's item are willing to travel far and pay more. This will become a major collector's item, much like the Datsun early Z models. It's an incredibly fun and responsive drive. With the RedLine, I have incredible (instead of just great) acceleration responsiveness. I have merged into 60 mph tight traffic in only second gear, with a lovely, powerful growl. (Not recommended, but it was needed at that moment, and this baby can do it!) I dodged into and out of panicky traffic under a tornado warning in a big city at a major interchange during noon rush hour, got to where I needed to go. It's given me two 2400-mile road trips every summer and every other Christmas for the last five years without a problem. She's seven years old, and still performs like she was new, as long as I feed her the high test gas and make sure she gets her regular oil changes and service. She likes being clean. (I've never had a car that didn't perform better after a car wash. Go figure!) I love my Sky."

One of my most favorite cars in the past 40 years

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and it's a "Head Turner.""

Cons: "Would be GREAT for someone less than 5'5""

Saturn Sky

"I love this car but it's not made for a large American. I agree with my friends that say it looks like a mini-Corvette. The 4 cylinder - front engine - rear wheel drive, with 5-speed standard shift in the floor takes me back to my teenage days only not as fast as my '64 Chevy. I hate the idea of letting it go but I recently saw a Corvette that I fell in love with."

Saturn Sky

Poor,poor body detail quality. Too much plastic.

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "Will depend entirely on evidence of previous care"

Cons: "Previously mentioned and cannot be emphasized enou"

"Outstanding esthetic design, but was short sheeted with very poor quality details. Plastics used in areas that require something more substantial, in even the minutest details. Replacement parts to restore these things, outrageous. Driving is excellent. Very smooth highway manners for a sportscar. The very few that survive the years wil be classics ( limited production ). Time will kill these cars without much TLC."

2009 SKY

By on Saturday, November 22, 2014

Pros: "Lots of fun"

Cons: "No space in trunk"

"Great car to have fun with, good gas milage and fast to drive. It is 5 years old but gets lots of looks."

As fun to drive as it is beautiful!

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "awesome to drive; have a need for speed? try this."

Cons: "multi disc changer would have been nice."

"I paid quite a bit for this prize and I feel it was very worth it. However, I feel horribly cheated on KBB value. It is 7 years old with 16,000 miles, immaculate condition and still smells like "new leather". With that said under $11,000 is so wrong! I have seen 14 year old pieces of junk selling for 15k!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn SKY near Honolulu. See local deals