2002 Saturn S-Series

8.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

My LifeLine

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"I bought this car from a direct owner for $1000 flat. It had 177K miles at that time. I bought it in Nov-2009 and still today I am using this car. Today (Feb-2011) it has 216K miles on it and i am driving everyday 110Miles to and fro for my job. I has never ever given me a single problem. Just regular Oil Change and got Tire changed. This is the best car for me and I am never ever gonna sell it. Believe me its the best car with a great mileage even today."

Okay for the price

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"I've always owned Toyota and Honda because of reliability issues. I decided to give GM a shot. 2001 SL, purchased new, has been a reliable car with good mileage and spirited to drive. However, there is definitely a reliability difference from the Japanese models. The car went back to the dealer 3 times to replace warped brake rotors. Every 12,000 miles like clockwork. After warranty expired, I replaced them with aftermarket rotors, and the problem went away. Also, the intake gasket has to be replaced every 35,000 miles due to (what I believe is) a flaw in the design of the manifold and the gasket material. Other than that, the car is a good, reliable vehicle - if you add rotors and intake gaskets to your regular maintenance schedule."

Loved my little Silver Plum!

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "Great gas milage, fun to drive, affordable to fix"

"Our 1998 Saturn SW2 was bought brand new by my parents then I bought it from them three years ago. It out did all my friends cars in gas milage and reliability. They always joked about it being an old tin can but they always called me to pick them up when their Saabs, Chevys, Subarus and Hondas broke down. My little car drove everywhere and even got through some rough winters and had some fun drifting around Vermont dirt roads. It's design even saved me from being seriously injured when someone rearended me at a high speed while I had stopped to turn. Best car I could ever ask for and so sad to have to say good bye to my poor crumpled wagon. I really wish they still made Saturns the way they used to... not just at all because I do agree with everyones posts about the Chevys with Saturn badges :)"

Affordable and Reliable

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, great price, great handling."

Cons: "Sound system is mediocre at best."

"#1 - GREAT GAS MILEAGE!!! Next, it's Very reliable. Normal maintenance is very easy, and parts are cheap! Mine is not the most comfortable (no P/S, P/W, P/L). But that's just less to go wrong. And HANDLING!! It sticks to the road! With snow tires in winter, I could climb a mountain on ICE! (OK, a little exaggeration) I always felt safe in this car!!!"

Would love to have bought a 3rd Saturn

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Reason: Got a new Saturn

Pros: "Great car, back seats fold down for hauling"

Cons: "Headliners in both cars came loose."

"Bought 1991 new and drove it 247,000 miles commuting 668 miles on weekends after job transfer. When I retired in 1998 the Love of My Life bought me a 1999 Saturn for Valentine's day and I finally let it go last year with 267,000 miles. A HALF MILLION MILES on 2 cars for less than $28,000 was a bargain."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn S-Series near Honolulu. See local deals