2001 Saturn S-Series

8.4

Based on 211 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

2001 SC2 with moonroof

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "great little car"

Cons: "little leg room in back"

"Been driving this for 12 years, 102,000 miles. Sporty, fun to drive, very dependable. Selling because I thought it was time to buy a grown-up car. Have replaced moon roof motor; otherwise, few problems."

It's easy enough to maintain.

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

Pros: "good price, lasts a long time, little to no repairs, easy maintenance, love this car!!!"

Cons: "front doors don't stay open very long=has caught my leg more than once, no trash recepticle"

"I drive in the city and on the highways around several states. The car is just right for me. My dog travels in the back seat. I think the trunk is very roomy for the size car. It does have trouble on hot days keeping the car cool, but even that doesn't deter me from wanting another. I was very sad to hear they were not going to make the Saturns any more. No other car has been as dependable or economical for me. I really like the car!!"

Good car, light on comfort.

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: ""most Reliable""

Cons: "No creature comforts!"

"I own a '98. It's been in the family since 2001 and just hit 100K miles this year. No creature comforts (manual transmission and no power steering). It gets great gas mileage and has been wonderfully reliable. It's had motor mount issues and some AC troubles--an expensive fix 4.5 years ago and now it's having troubles again. Overall, a great car that has taken good care of us all these years."

great milage even after 230,000 miles

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Pros: "holds value- over 230,0 miles and still driving it and still looks great"

Cons: "insurance is high rated as a sports car"

"great car and lots of fun to drive- only minimal repair work (brakes,spark plugs - tie rod at 225,000) still on original transmission- car holds its value grand kids love to ride in it- burns oil after 175000- only a little rust on hood"

Great Gas Saver!!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2008

"Not only does the Saturn SL retain its non-fadish styling, it also averages 35 to 40 miles per gallon of gas. The SL is quick off the start, and can climb hills without losing power. The SL costs substantially less than hybrid vehicles, yet attains the same gas milage. Why Saturn stopped producing this engine is a mystery. The window sticker boasted 40 MPG when it was new, seven years ago. This car is a diamond in the ruff. If you want to save at the pump, and have a dependable vehicle this is your car. Find a used one and pay cash for it; imagine this...no car payment and high gas milage... Very dependable car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn S-Series near Honolulu. See local deals