1997 Saturn S-Series

8.4

Based on 210 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

2001 SC2 with moonroof

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "great little car"

Cons: "little leg room in back"

"Been driving this for 12 years, 102,000 miles. Sporty, fun to drive, very dependable. Selling because I thought it was time to buy a grown-up car. Have replaced moon roof motor; otherwise, few problems."

It's easy enough to maintain.

By on Monday, September 5, 2011

Pros: "good price, lasts a long time, little to no repairs, easy maintenance, love this car!!!"

Cons: "front doors don't stay open very long=has caught my leg more than once, no trash recepticle"

"I drive in the city and on the highways around several states. The car is just right for me. My dog travels in the back seat. I think the trunk is very roomy for the size car. It does have trouble on hot days keeping the car cool, but even that doesn't deter me from wanting another. I was very sad to hear they were not going to make the Saturns any more. No other car has been as dependable or economical for me. I really like the car!!"

Great Gas Saver!!

By on Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Not only does the Saturn SL retain its non-fadish styling, it also averages 35 to 40 miles per gallon of gas. The SL is quick off the start, and can climb hills without losing power. The SL costs substantially less than hybrid vehicles, yet attains the same gas milage. Why Saturn stopped producing this engine is a mystery. The window sticker boasted 40 MPG when it was new, seven years ago. This car is a diamond in the ruff. If you want to save at the pump, and have a dependable vehicle this is your car. Find a used one and pay cash for it; imagine this...no car payment and high gas milage... Very dependable car."

good commuter

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"Bought it used. AC and CD player were the only options. I get close to 40 MPG, I change the oil every 3K miles, I have changed breaks and tires tires once. I change the oil, plugs and filters regularly easy to work on. I use it for a work car. I travel and it drives and drives and drives."

Incredibly reliable and great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "great gas mileage, fun stick shift, reliable"

Cons: "bare necessities."

"I bought this car more than five years ago honestly expecting it to get me through high school. After college, it's still running great and I've had no issues at all. I'm honestly ready for a more comfortable car but it will never die! (What a great problem). It has no frills whatsoever, but it's the best student car I could ask for with really great gas mileage (around 28-30 mpg) it's quite responsive, and completely reliable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn S-Series near Honolulu. See local deals