2006 Saturn Ion

7.7

Based on 906 Ratings for the 2003 - 2007 models.

< $400 in repairs @ 317K mi. ++quality/durability

By on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pros: "quality, longevity, gas mileage (35 hwy)"

Cons: "wish it had more power but then it's my commuter.."

"Great on long trips w/the dash in the middle, great commuter car - not too small/big. Still not buring oil at 317,000."

Overall a good value - could be better

By on Monday, July 02, 2012

Pros: "Flexible panels stay good looking"

Cons: "Handling, front suspension"

"2003 Ion 1. Overall a good car. Engine is great, looks good and has generally been maintenance free for the first 120000 miles. Complaints: Front suspension is weak. Replaced wheel bearings, steering column and front links and something is still lose. Steering could be more responsive, ride is soft and doesn't control well under heavy wind or evasive manuvuers, but that is typical of GM small cars. Confident that it will run it to 200,000 - 225,000 miles over the next five years with regular maintenance. Still has the original battery."

Best Value for the Money

By on Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Looking for an economical, affordable new car that was fun to drive. Found it with this '06 Ion 4-dr. 34 mpg hiway, 29 mpg town. Lots of zip, especially at highway speeds up to 90 mph. Good power band 2000 - 5000 rpm. Loads of fun with the 5-speed. Soft suspension requires stiffer shocks. Manual seats are awful -- strongly recommend the much better power seats. Loads of room for a compact sedan. Love the plastic sides which are virtually dent-proof to even a slamming pickup truck door. Tough car -- saw two similar cars in high speed auto wreck that totalled the Honda hitting them broadside. Both protected the occupants and saved their lives."

LOVE this Car!!!

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pros: "Great Gas Miles great design with Suicide doors"

Cons: "Interior noise and less smooth of a ride."

"I absolutely love this car. When I first saw this car at a state fair about six years ago I knew it was my car. The little suicide doors make it the perfect car for somebody who loads and unloads a wheelchair several times a day. So when my Cavalier died I knew there wasn’t any other choice. I bought it new and proceeded to put 109000 miles on it. It still runs like the day I brought it home. There have been a few bumps along the way but nothing that wasn’t covered under warranty or extended warranty. I love the center dashboard counsel it really cuts down on the glare from the dashboard lights at night. I am in my car about two hours a day so it gets driven a lot and gets great gas mileage. The only con I can think of is the interior noise is louder and it could be of a bit smoother ride. It seems to exaggerate the bumps on the road."

Very reliable and almost maintenance free car

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and reliable, almost maintenance free"

Cons: "Declining fuel mileage yield after 5 years"

"Owned vehicle for 9 years and no mechanical issues so far. Only problem I ever had was a drained battery while car was under warranty. During the first five years it yield the advertised EPA mileage of 35 HWy/23 city. However, it is not so good now yielding between 25 and 18 respectively. Although I have the most basic configuration of this model, still is comfortable to drive. I've drove it from Florida to Washington State and back, no issue with being tired or stiff after 10+ hours of continuous driving. Too bad Saturn is no longer around!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn Ion near Honolulu. See local deals