2009 Saturn Aura

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Better than any other car I've ever driven

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, always get compliments, economical!"

Cons: "Not the best in winter, sunroof leaks."

"First of all, I've owned my Saturn for more than 3 years. Before I owned it, it had been titled as a fleet vehicle, so I was a little skeptical. I went from a 96 Camaro z28 convertible which was hard to let go. When I found the Saturn I fell in love. I always thought Saturns were just pieces of cheap plastic and fiberglass. If they were still in business today I would probably never buy a different brand. My Saturn is a great quality for the price. People always mistake mine for an Audi or an Acura. I even got a parking ticket once and the cop wrote on the ticket that it was a BMW. LOL. So they're handsome cars. They run well. I drove my Camaro into the ground, I'm a fast driver and I drive my cars hard. Surprisingly, the Saturn can keep up. I put about 25,000 miles on my car per year. I'm a college student and I drive everywhere. Highway, back home to the country, and in the city for college, and everywhere in between. It has decent pickup for a 4 cylinder, and I never have to worry about it starting even in -30 degree weather in Wisconsin. The only problem I've ever experienced is the sunroof leaks, which I've taken to the dealership and they said they don't know what's wrong with it. Other than that it's a great car for young adults and I could only imagine a small family. Soon after I bought mine, my mother and my sister both looked at others because they wanted one as well. The only feature I would like them to have is a navigation system, and heated and cooled cupholders would be nice, but I can live without. One other negative aspect is the traction in the winter. I've never actually been stranded, but it's scary to drive on the highway and try to drive with a lot of stop lights when it snows. It is hard to get going sometimes, and not the easiest to stop unless you throw it in neutral while braking. I'm sure it is because mine is a 4 cylinder so it's a pretty light car. My Camaro was actually better in the snow and rain but it was a much heavier car. I've driven a Camaro, Buicks, Chevy, Ford, Mitsubishis, Hondas, and Kia's for a rather extended amount of time before and none of them compare to my Saturn. I plan to keep it for at least the next 5 years, and I have no doubt it will be still be running great."

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great Looks, great drive dynamics , comfortable"

Cons: "FWD needs more than normal alignment service"

"I bought this car when it had 62K miles on it and from the moment I saw it I thought it was a very sporty looking car. Then after driving it I fell in Love, as much as I could with FWD. LOL. It handles great, acceleration is strong and very linear, and the ride is very comfortable. I used it for commuting and I was traveling 100 miles one way to work and the drive to and from work was never a problem because of the vehicle. Great car that I would recommend to anyone, Makes me sad that Saturn is gone after bringing such a great car to the market."

Excellent for mid-range

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"For the price you can't beat the feel, performace and the look, both inside and out! The chrome options and billet grill gives the car a luxury look that causes double takes by the most seasoned vallets! The quality of the leather interior with the two-toned ebony & ivory is stunning with the wood grain accents!"

If I could, I'd buy a new one all over again!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Very reiiable, fun to drive sports sedan!"

Cons: "Interior materials for dash & door look cheap."

"I am the original owner of my Aura and drove it over 200,000 miles. I'm amazed that any car could be as trouble free as mine has been. Having maintained the scheduled maintenance; there there have been zero "major" repairs. The body has held up very well. it has no rust and paint looks new. The leather interior looks great! Only the odometer gives away the fact that its been driven 200K miles. The only mechanical problem I've encountered has been replacing a front wheel bering on three occasions. I bought this car on Consumer Reports' recommendation...who said,"Its a lot of car for the money" They were right!"

What a mistake

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive when it actually works."

Cons: "Most unreliable car I have ever owned"

"I purchased my Saturn Aura XR as a certified used car from a local dealer with only 42,000 miles on it a few years back. Since that time, I have literally not been able to trust this vehicle. After one week, it failed to start and I had to get it towed to the dealer for repairs. I Found out it was an electrical issue. Then, it started to randomly display the message Service ESC almost every single time I drove it for more than 5 minutes... This was usually accompanied by a rough idle. I ended up taking it back to the dealer 3 times before this issue was "corrected." After that, some other nasty electrical problems started to show their ugly head... The least of the problems involved cracking speakers... The worst involved the entire dash going dark and/or traction control malfunctioning randomly. Again, this took several trips to the dealer before it was "corrected." The reason that I put that in quotations is because the problems still persist on an intermittent basis. Unrelated to the electrical issue are the rims and suspension. These rims are absolute junk and I have one that is so bent that it shakes the whole vehicle if I travel over 55 mph... The best part is that I have now owned this vehicle for almost 2 years and it now has 76,000 miles on it and I get to enjoy some even more major issues. As described in other forums, this vehicle can show transmission issues. Of course mine has started to show these signs for the last few months and has reached the point where it needs to be addressed! Essentially, it will randomly decide to down shift when I am coasting at around 35-40 mph. This typically causes a fairly abrupt jolt that isn't very safe or comforting. This transmission issue is nothing compared to my final problem! The final issue is that I am burning through coolant at a rate of about a gallon per week! I just had this looked at as well, and it was determined that I have a head gasket that is about to catastrophically fail. This is amazing because I have taken this car back to the dealer for all needed maintenance since I purchased it and it has been at enormous expense to me. The cost of all needed repairs at this point would be between $2,500 - $3,000 depending on who does it. Essentially, I have talked to a different dealer and agreed to basically give them the car as a trade in and to roll the negative equity into a different vehicle. I absolutely refuse to pour any more money into this joke of a vehicle... I have literally never had car trouble in my life because I am a very boring driver and I do all maintenance religiously. I find it funny that I have purchased vehicles with over 100,000 miles from private parties for as little as $500 and have never had anywhere near the issues that I have had with this GM certified vehicle that I purchased for $15,900 + tax. My dad worked for GM for 34 years and everything that I have owned has been GM, but after this I will hesitate to buy GM again."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn Aura near Honolulu. See local deals