2009 Saturn Aura

Based on 388 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Better than any other car I've ever driven

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, always get compliments, economical!"

Cons: "Not the best in winter, sunroof leaks."

"First of all, I've owned my Saturn for more than 3 years. Before I owned it, it had been titled as a fleet vehicle, so I was a little skeptical. I went from a 96 Camaro z28 convertible which was hard to let go. When I found the Saturn I fell in love. I always thought Saturns were just pieces of cheap plastic and fiberglass. If they were still in business today I would probably never buy a different brand. My Saturn is a great quality for the price. People always mistake mine for an Audi or an Acura. I even got a parking ticket once and the cop wrote on the ticket that it was a BMW. LOL. So they're handsome cars. They run well. I drove my Camaro into the ground, I'm a fast driver and I drive my cars hard. Surprisingly, the Saturn can keep up. I put about 25,000 miles on my car per year. I'm a college student and I drive everywhere. Highway, back home to the country, and in the city for college, and everywhere in between. It has decent pickup for a 4 cylinder, and I never have to worry about it starting even in -30 degree weather in Wisconsin. The only problem I've ever experienced is the sunroof leaks, which I've taken to the dealership and they said they don't know what's wrong with it. Other than that it's a great car for young adults and I could only imagine a small family. Soon after I bought mine, my mother and my sister both looked at others because they wanted one as well. The only feature I would like them to have is a navigation system, and heated and cooled cupholders would be nice, but I can live without. One other negative aspect is the traction in the winter. I've never actually been stranded, but it's scary to drive on the highway and try to drive with a lot of stop lights when it snows. It is hard to get going sometimes, and not the easiest to stop unless you throw it in neutral while braking. I'm sure it is because mine is a 4 cylinder so it's a pretty light car. My Camaro was actually better in the snow and rain but it was a much heavier car. I've driven a Camaro, Buicks, Chevy, Ford, Mitsubishis, Hondas, and Kia's for a rather extended amount of time before and none of them compare to my Saturn. I plan to keep it for at least the next 5 years, and I have no doubt it will be still be running great."

If I could, I'd buy a new one all over again!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Very reiiable, fun to drive sports sedan!"

Cons: "Interior materials for dash & door look cheap."

"I am the original owner of my Aura and drove it over 200,000 miles. I'm amazed that any car could be as trouble free as mine has been. Having maintained the scheduled maintenance; there there have been zero "major" repairs. The body has held up very well. it has no rust and paint looks new. The leather interior looks great! Only the odometer gives away the fact that its been driven 200K miles. The only mechanical problem I've encountered has been replacing a front wheel bering on three occasions. I bought this car on Consumer Reports' recommendation...who said,"Its a lot of car for the money" They were right!"

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Great Looks, great drive dynamics , comfortable"

Cons: "FWD needs more than normal alignment service"

"I bought this car when it had 62K miles on it and from the moment I saw it I thought it was a very sporty looking car. Then after driving it I fell in Love, as much as I could with FWD. LOL. It handles great, acceleration is strong and very linear, and the ride is very comfortable. I used it for commuting and I was traveling 100 miles one way to work and the drive to and from work was never a problem because of the vehicle. Great car that I would recommend to anyone, Makes me sad that Saturn is gone after bringing such a great car to the market."

Excellent for mid-range

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"For the price you can't beat the feel, performace and the look, both inside and out! The chrome options and billet grill gives the car a luxury look that causes double takes by the most seasoned vallets! The quality of the leather interior with the two-toned ebony & ivory is stunning with the wood grain accents!"

Aura Lover

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"We have had our Aura for 7 months now. We love it, we have taken it to Mexico from Idaho and it was a very comfortable ride. Averaged 32 MPG at 80 MPH on the freeway. Love the style. Always gets the attention of pedestrians. We still have not had any warranty issues. I would highly reccommend this car to anyone."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn Aura near Honolulu. See local deals