2008 Saturn Aura

Based on 372 Ratings for the 2007 - 2009 models.

Reliable performance sedan with all the basics

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "quick car due to large engine and small body style"

Cons: "Paint flaking off in interior and rarely outside"

"Reasonably well performing car, the 3.5 V6 has plenty of pick up, and the body style is still stylish by today's standards. Gas mileage is average for a big V6, and the car's interior is fairly cheap like that found on many GM cars. But overall value is good. The price was right, and the car has been very reliable with minimal service (mostly oil changes, which are super-easy to do yourself on this car, and fluid top-offs). The car's rotors were not engineered to be adequate on the front in my estimate. I went through 2 sets of rotors on the front tires because of constant warpage. I finally purchased a higher end rotor with pre-drilled/slotted characteristics and it's been fine ever since."

My car was a nightmare!!

By on Sunday, November 09, 2014

Reason: Expensive Upkeep

Pros: "Very stylish"

Cons: "$$$ eater"

"I purchased a used saturn aura about 3 years ago with less than 40,000 miles on it. Reading the other reviews for this car, I feel I must have gotten a lemon or the owner before me took very bad care of the car. In less than 3 years, I put about $8,000 into this car. Needed a new transmission, new tires almost every 6 months (costing over $1000), new brakes constantly, and the gas mileage was way worse than I was expecting! I just sold it for less than $5,000, when the KBB price was over $7,000. I wouldn't recommend the car, seeing as saturn went out of business. BUt all the other reviews are pretty good, so maybe I just had bad luck!"

Best Vehicle I've owned

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

"I have a 2009 Aura and I have to say it's the best car I've had to date for looks, reliability and performance. It handles well in the snow and other driving conditions. I really feel it was a good choice for me . I feel safe in the car and feel I got my money's worth . I wish they were still made."

Love my beautiful, stylish Aura!!

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great features, solid construction, classy car"

"I absolutely love this car! This is one of the best cars I have ever owned (I'm 62). The color is a beautiful shade called "Ocean Mist". I have gotten so many compliments on it & told I look great in it, how nice. It rides great & has so many upscale features I thought would only be in expensive luxury cars. The price was so affordable for what's included. Being in MD the heated seats are wonderful in winter! Great comfort & driving ease on long road trips. I would love to have gotten a newer one but unfortunately 2009 was last year manufactured & I can never find a nicer looking car especially with that beautiful color of dark bluish-green, I have looked--no luck. I have 70,000 miles & still going strong!!"

This is by far one of the best autos we have owned

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "excellent family car"

"While it is basically the same as the Chevy Malibu I believe the interior is better designed and the car built better"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saturn Aura near Honolulu. See local deals