2008 Saab 9-7X

Based on 123 Ratings for the 2005 - 2009 models.

Great Value for the money

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Good car- European styling, American engineering"

Cons: "Bose sound system is weak and no ipod/aux input"

"My 2008 Saab 97X has been a good vehicle for the past 4 years of ownership. The 5.3 V-8 (300 hp) makes it move nicely and has loads of power for effortless towing. The 4 speed transmission can be sluggish and makes it feel/sound old compared to newer/smoother shifting cars and trucks. Mpg is so-so with 16.5 most of time regardless of speed, temperature or type of gas you buy.The body style has aged well despite it being 6 years old. Paint is good quality and shines nice after a wax. Mine has seen 6 winters in Wisconsin salt and has no rust anywhere. Tires have been the only cost item that I needed to replace (expensive because of unique size). The original tires (Dunlops) were loud and worn thin by 30K miles. It handles good in the snow - not great due to the wide tire treads on the big wheels, but AWD means you'll go anywhere in bad winter weather. Interior was held up well to wear- not showing much except the gear selector. It's biggest detractor is GMs lousy stereo (Bose) ( I cant believe it really is) with good sound only in the front seats. Back seat sound is a joke with El-cheapo speakers in the rear doors. No Ipod Aux connection either!! Interior noise level on the highway is fair, but far from quiet. Ride is fairly stiff compared to other GM vehicles like trailblazer. Far better looking,performing and loaded with features ( heated seats, backs, sunroof, leather, video system, hid headlamps, built in aircompressor and rear seat hvac controls) than the others for about the same price. Look for a low mileage model and you'll have a BMW X5 looking/ performing car with low cost of entry/upkeep."

Love the Saab, but have had some issues

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Some mechanical and electrical issues."

Mechanical part is great; interior quality is not

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "Still have the original engine and transmission."

Cons: "Don't buy unless you live near a SAAB dealership."

"Had I known that this car was built on the same platform as a Trail Blazer, I would not have purchased it. I have not had major problems with it, but just a lot of little annoyances that proved to be expensive. I had the gas sensor replaced before SAAB sent their letter, but after the car was out of the warranty period. The interior of the car is just falling apart: most of the rubber door moldings are gone; I've had the console cover replaced - cracked all to pieces;the cup holder is broken; the passenger seat is cracked,; the stitching on the passenger door handle has unraveled. To make matters worse, there is no SAAB dealership within 50 miles of my home. There are very few after-market parts. Most parts have to be bought from a SAAB dealer."

Best Vehicle I have driven

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Great overall value, performance, and many extras"

Cons: "They no longer produce the SAAB"

"I have not only owned many vehicles, but also drive rental vehicles on a regular basis. I will have a hard time finding a replacement vehicle when this one is gone now that SAAB production is no more."

Good Vehicle

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive"

Cons: "Nice cup holders and the enterment system is good"

"At first a dream come true. Than as the miles came into play about 35 ~ 45k is when the problems started. First replaced transmission twice (good for warranty) but now I’m faced with an oil leak top of engine near the oil sending unit. Not Good. Like the style and still looks good when cleaned up. But if I would have known it was a Trail Blazer. Would had went with Chevy."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-7X near Honolulu. See local deals