2010 Saab 9-5

8.4

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2010 - 2011 models.

two time saab owner but having doubts

By on Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"This is my second saab owned in the past four years. The first was a 9-3 which by far was the best car I ever owned. It was smooth, quick, and handled awesome....all in all a very fun car. At 100k miles and no real issues I sold it to buy a new 2007 9-5. What I thought was that I was upgrading to the flagship vehicle, but in reality have been disappointed. Let's see: 1) several rattles and fit / finish issues that were fixed by the excellent dealership 2) Lots of road noises and vibration issues which prompted new tires at 35k miles...this seemed to quiet the ride somewhat but 3k miles later, the vibrations have returned 3) The Xenon headlights that continually flicker which are being replaced while under warranty as I am told it is a low voltage issue...what happens if this problem comes back while out of warranty? 4) Finally the grand enchilada...an oil leak at 38k miles from the rear seal...never saw a major repair coming with so few miles. I am having severe doubts about my future relationship with Saab cars. If I could get out from this vehicle I would ABANDON SHIP!"

Good but not good enough

By on Tuesday, May 05, 2009

"I traded in a 2004 Saab 9-3 for the bigger 9-5 to help with transporting the cubs. I got a $12k rebate from Saab which pegged the vehicle at $24k which I thought was a great deal for a car with a $38k sticker. The goods - whizzy turbo engine which is plenty powerful for the car - 260HP is about the max you can run through the front wheels without getting too much oversteer. Seats are really comfortable, Harmon Kardon audio is great and, as others have said, the car is not cookie cutter. It's unique. 3 years serving is alos a big plus. The bads - no real technology offerred, poor fit and finish - nowhere near Germanic and just a wee bit outdated now. I've had several Saab dealer visits for popping up speaker covers and rattles and now a faulty airbag sensor, luckily just within warranty. Not good for a prestige ride. With GM set to jettison Saab, unless a good investor can be found, this will be my last Saab."

Hugs corners, has power

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Handling, Heads up display, lane departure, MPG"

Cons: "SAAB is in financial straights"

"2010 9-5 Aero: Has all options including the Technology package. Heads up display has quickly become an option both my wife and I really like (before getting it we thought it a waste but now having it we appreciate it.) The XWD and power gives the driver a high degree of confidence in any condition. The styling has had strnagers stop to give us compliments, something that we never had experienced or seen on other cars. Best compliments have come from Jaguar and BMW owners."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Have owned for 2.5 years and have really enjoyed driving it on all kinds of highways from interstate to mountainous winding roads. The turbo charged engine makes all the difference. Even get decent mileage from 18 to 20 around town to about 25 on the road."

Best car I've ever owned and I've owned 54!

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Great to drive great mpg great car"

Cons: "rather plain interior but very functional"

"Purchased last one on local dealers lot. Made stupid offer and he took it. SO Glad he did. Best car I've ever owned. Had 2 BMW 5 series 1998 And 2009. Both nothing but problems. This 9-5 turbo Saab has been completely trouble free to date unlike the beamers. I will never part with this car.....unless they make more! If you can find one buy it! I understand parts are essentially GM and most are relatively easy to get if they are not."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-5 near Honolulu. See local deals