2009 Saab 9-5

7.4

Based on 402 Ratings for the 1999 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.4/10

The best car I ever owned.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

"The 3.0t is a wonderful car. Fun to drive. Very nimble. Air-cooled seats, handling, drivability, manouveability, utility, roomy wagon, power - can't beat it. Trouble spots - sensors. Mostly was around 60,000 miles."

Either Loved or Disliked Saab's Uniqueness is Best

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "A True European Luxury Sport Sedan"

Cons: "Never appreciated by General Motor's."

"Coming from a family that purchased its 1st Saab in 1979 as a 3-door hatchback 900T, we have had as many as 7-Saab's amongst my parent's & siblings all at one time. My parent's had a Saab 3-dr 900 that was dad's, mom a 900 sedan and we had a volvo 240 DL wagon my senior year in high school. My father gave me the '79 900T as my college completion gesture and replaced it with a 1986 900S sedan, and my brother received our mom's '87 900 as his college completion gesture, and mom got a 1992 9000 CSE 5-door hatch. Fast forward to 2009, I purchased this 9-5 Aero as a dealer demo with 700-mi on it and added a 7/70k extended warr. to protect any harshness damage from demo use by dealer staff, as history taught use Saabs did need to be broken in over their 1st 2000 miles, with minimal high rpm use during this segment of miles/time. I have 2-2009 9-5 Aero sedan's as its the end of their body style life as well as the companies end is months away, 24-mo or less. I have a few special model that I have acquired over the yrs., and this 2009 9-5 Aero has under 15Kmi, while the other '09 Aero was never titled and has just under 300-mi on it. I have 3-900T SPG's years 85,87 & 89, and 2-1989 900T sedan's as it was the final year of the 900T sedan in that body style. We also have 2-1993 900T special edition 3-door hatch backs. I am a Saab enthusiast, and will always enjoy their uniqueness, for people either loved them or hated them. We now drive Volvo's as our primary SUV, a XC90 with the 6-cyl & a XC90 with the 8-cyl that we tow a boat with. Both are awd, one being oyster grey & the other willow green. Still seeking a 2011 Saab 9-4x that was not titled but are having some difficulty finding with under 300mi. **The Saab 9-5 that took the place of the 9000, is a great sedan that was targeted at driver's 50 & up, but with the Aero Trim, a whole different market was attracted. Still will always cherish the original Saab 96 which became the 900 in 1979, and the 1980's 9000 Turbo's, and the 2006-2009 9-5's. If you find or come across a 2009 9-5 with under 60k miles, grab it, its just getting broken in. They run 3-500K miles with regular maintenance. Plus prior to their demise, if your Saab reached 1,000,000 you got a brand new one free of charge along with a great article published about your story. You had to be the original owner and bought it new. There have been 2-3 in the North East who have benefitted from this level of accomplishment."

Very cheap, reliable car. It feels & drives great.

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "Way under priced, nice car"

Cons: "SAAB went bankrupt, limited parts for repairs."

"I was amazed at how much this car feels like an expensive touring car. It has great pick up when you mash the pedal, more than great, its actually fast for how big it is. Its very comfortable,especially if its fully loaded like mine. Im especially fond of the heated seats in the winter time. The audio system is top notch as well. I could nit pick at several minor things that have torn up with so little mileage but theyve been relatively cheap to fix. The headlights seem to be a problem with this model. Seems like I change em every few months. The very bad side to this vehicle is the fact that SAAB has went bankrupt so parts are limited. On the bright side you can own a $38000.00 dlr car for next to nothing. I love it......."

Sits well on the road.Sport but very confy!

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Nice car! Easy to drive! I had to change the alternator, the battery, some filters, the elevator from a window...no problem on finding parts, not expensive. Sits very well on the road. Good mileage on the hwy."

I bought this new and 11 yrs later I still love it

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "sport suspension, manual, 250hp equal fun to drive"

Cons: "only 1 real front cup holder"

"-Very good car -Excellent rust protection (except trap between rear wheel and door) -Original paint was excellent and still looks great -Full leather seats comfortable and look great -A lot of minor features are standard- electronic dimming on rear view mirrors, rain sensing wipers, auto shutoff of all lights so you can't run down battery accidently, extra ground lighting when doors are opened, hard/foldable cover for rear cargo area"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-5 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for