2008 Saab 9-5

7.4

Based on 396 Ratings for the 1999 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
    7.3/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Good car for the price but average quality

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Confort, room, feature, power"

Cons: "Quality, Gas MPG"

"Got this 2000 9-5 SE wagon, 1 year ago, used with 71000 miles on it. first day, I changed the 4 tires which improve greatly the ride by eliminating some noises and vibrations and had the timing belt done on the V6($550) . I like the confort, room, power and all features it had. However I did have to perform some typical repairs for those Saabs. First I had to replace the engine mounts (Fronts), fix the blower motor (New brushes), fix the relay for the High beams (to solder a connector in it) and repaired the subwoofer in the trunk (new edge repair kit). As of today, I still have a strong noise in the transmission (wheels bearing?!) after a visit a repair shop, they said it might be from the transmission or CV joint. So there's some flaws on the quality. My car had only 71000 miles and luckily the heater core had been change by the previous owner because that's another 9-5's weakness.MPG= avg.20 So be careful on those issues and avoid this car if your not into mechanic."

lots of new parts

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "$4995 OBRO"

"new battery, new alternator & belt, new turbo, brakes and struts, driven daily but very few miles."

This model is safe, fun to drive & reliable.

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

Pros: "Great handling, hi quality for low price"

Cons: "May be hard to find dependable garage?"

"If you are looking for a European luxury car, this one brings great value for the money. I bought mine used from Carmax in 2005 with 14k miles. I was a little worried about electrical or turbo problems, but this vehicle has proven to be rugged. Today I have 78K miles; I have only had to replace wear & tear items: one of the two mufflers, brake pads, tires, wipers. The Arc model has V-6 turbo; press the peddle when in Sport mode and it will push you back in your seat as it takes off. Because it is a V-6 I get about 19 MPG in the city, 22-24 on the highway. Because the car is designed with a low center of gravity, it handles and tracks extremely well. Keep your eye on the speedometer; you may be doing 80 when you think you're doing 60 on a straight stretch of road. Some people are worried about buying a used Saab because of the GM spinoff and subsequent bankruptcy of the independent company. The good news is: 1. Saab parts company, (now called Orio?) was always independent of the manufacturing arm. The parts company was always profitable and continues in business today. 2. This model was manufactured for several years. If you are looking at a 9-5 model 2009 or earlier, parts should be in ready supply. If you find a garage that is familiar with European or Swedish iron you should have no trouble keeping this car in good running condition for many years. The only thing i would change about the car: more supportive side bolsters for the front seats as you drive around corners and ramps."

Wonderful Car if you take care of the oil issue

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "great handling great excelleration comfort"

Cons: "millage is 24-30 oil issue could have junked it"

"I have always loved the SAAB cars. However after i purchased this one, I discovered a serious problem with the oil screen. After driving for a year replacing just the fuel pump, I took down the oil pan and discovered what they were talking about. The convert ions to fix this had been done on the car (not recorded) but there was still gunky issues with the oil pan and screen, not too bad but I had no idea what might have been used before me. after cleaning it all up and replacing the upper motor mount, I now use only top grade synthetic and change every 5,000. I love this car it handles great, good exceleration and deluxe comfort. too bad my wife drives it. HA !"

Saabs are awesome. (most of the time)

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, VERY fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Premium gas, expensive to fix, lack of cupholders"

"Great car. Quirky and quick! Gorgeous to look at. Seats are very comfortable. Interior is extremely well laid out. Good MPG. Expensive to maintain."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-5 near Honolulu. See local deals