2000 Saab 9-3

7.9

Based on 238 Ratings for the 1999 - 2002 models.

Great used car purchase

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel mileage safety ratings and fun"

Cons: "Cup holder"

"Purchased used from private owner...under kbb value. Needed some small things, typical for used car purchase...breaks, oil, ect... Mileage average is 23 to 24 in mixed driving. Car rides good for size and is very solid feeling. We love the convertible. Some outside noise, but that is to be expected in a drop top. People are afraid of these cars...we don't know why...do your homework and talk to a Saab mechanic. Yes they are still out there. These are great cars...our mechanic said with proper maintenance he has seen them well over 350k and some close to 500,000 miles.."

OMGosh!!!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "Everything! Find out for yourself!!"

Cons: "The parts are hard to find? No they aren't!! LOL!"

"Truthfully, besides the fact that SAAB went out of business, if you ever have a technical problem or an electrical problem you can go to foreign car mechanic or a BMW mechanic. Besides that.. this is the best car I have ever had! It's super fast and it feels like your cruising so be very careful with speeding. You have to be a great driver the handle this baby. I hit the curves so smoothly at 70. The brakes are fantastic! When it comes to maintenance parts new or even used are good. With all of my cars, even this one, I go to Lacey's Used Auto Parts in Newark, NJ. I choose them over Auto Zone, Advanced Auto Parts, and sometimes even my mechanic. I watch them collect the parts and clean them to prepare them for my car. Anyway, I love this car!!"

Very Good Reliable Vehicle

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Fuel Economy, Reliability, Turbo is FUN"

Cons: "No Useful Cup Holders :-("

"I purchased my 9-3 in August of 2011 with around 154000 miles. Now in April 2012 I have put almost 20000 additional miles on it and have had no problems. I change the oil regularly with synthetic oil, changed the plugs once (super easy to work on), replaced a headlight and bettery, and patched the muffler when I bought the car, aside from that I have not done anything to it. With over 175,000 miles on the car it is holding up extremely well. Power and acceleration are still good and everything in the vehicle works as it should and I am getting an average of 29 mpg on highway trips! I think soon I will have to have the clutch adjusted but I don't know if it was ever replaced in its 175000 miles. Baring any accident or theft, I can easily see this car lasting me another 25-30000 miles, right around the 210 mark. Very large trunk, I am very tall and still manage to fit comfortably in the driver seat, and interesting (but quirky) controls."

Cool convertible

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Luxury car with class and a little different"

Cons: "Saab has gone out of business"

"This car is great for any weather. The convertible top down it looks great and feels great. Top up and it is quiet as a sedan with good AC and heat system. The leather upholstery is comfortable and rich looking. Performance and acceleration are amazing for a 2 liter car. Must be the turbo!"

Enigmatic

By on Saturday, September 8, 2007

"A Saab is a Saab is a Saab." Saabs are wonderful, yet can be horribly infuriating. I'd never recommend buying a new one, they are too overpriced due to their high repair costs. Yet their steep depreciation makes a used one a steal. I bought a '01 9-3 in '03 with 32k miles for $13500- an original $32000 sticker price. Try doing that with a BMW. It's now '07 and the odo has spun to 140k. I've had my fair share of mechanical problems to be sure: failed turbo, catalytic converter, water pump, sensors, electrical, etc... But when I consider the drive quality, the superb gas mileage, performance, versatility of the car and match it with original sticker price; it's been a wonderful companion."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-3 near Honolulu. See local deals