2006 Saab 9-2X

9.4

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2005 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

AMAZING SAFETY

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2008

"I OWNED THIS CAR FOR A YEAR AND FLIPPED IT IN A BAD ACCIDENT. FOUR CARS WERE WIPED OUT AND I ENDED UP FLIPPED ON MY ROOF. I WAS ABLE TO UNLOCK MY BELT AND GET OUT OF THE CAR UNSCATHED. I WAS AS SHOCKED AS ANYBODY SINCE THE CAR IS PRETTY SMALL THAT ALTOUGH THE CAR WAS TOTALLED, I WAS NOT."

Fast & great handling/cheap interior, bad seats

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, great handling"

Cons: "Cheap, poor quality interior, bad seats."

"If you are looking for a stylish, fast, great handling wagon, the 9-2X is a good choice. The speed and handling come at a price, the interior is cheap, poor quality, the leather seats are perhaps the most uncomfortable seats ever. PROS: - great handling - fast (manual, auto is sluggish) - looks better than its WRX counterpart - relatively reliable, and maintenance costs are affordable CONS: - hard to find someone to work on it, Saab doesnt exist anymore, and most Subaru dealerships dont want to touch it - did I mention the poor interior? - did you read about the worst seats ever? After 30 min of driving, your backside will be falling asleep! If you can get this car for under 9k, are willing to deal with the annoyances of not being able to take it into a mechanic and not have to explain what the heck it is every time, go for it. But please keep in mind, body panels are hard to come by, if you get into an accident and need some body work - GOOD LUCK!"

Kind of the best of both worlds

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Subaru durability, Saab style"

Cons: "Potential head gasket issues, a little cramped"

"As a previous owner of a Saturn Vue (with the Honda V6) and a Volvo 760 (with a Ford V8), I've always been a fan of vehicles that combine a couple of desirable qualities into one slightly weird package. In this case, we got the driving dynamics, reliability and affordable repair costs of a Subaru WRX - which I drove once and loved - alongside the sleek exterior and interior design of a Saab. For me, that's close to perfect - though, of course, in cross-breeding the two vehicles, you do inherit some of their drawbacks as well. The interior, while miles ahead of that of the WRX I drove, still isn't nearly as nice as what we got used to in our 9-5. And the repair costs, while less than those of the 9-5, are still higher than if we'd gotten an Accord or Camry. But it's a compromise we're willing to make, and a combination I'm not sure we could find elsewhere. Too bad there are so few of these out there… I would've thought there would be more of a market for a "premium" wagon for folks who don't want to pay Audi prices. But maybe other folks who share our (apparently peculiar) taste don't share our (comparatively low) budget!"

Luvin' my Saabaru

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "good gas milage, roomy, sporty, fast, fun to drive, reliable, aftermarket parts"

Cons: "goes thru tires; spare tire is not full size"

Total Escape Machine

"Bought this car new in 2005 and it's only the 4th car I've ever owned. I got this AWD sportwagon for traveling the back roads of California often - which is what I do for a living. It has been a dream to drive and care for. It's big enough so I can sleep in the back while camping, if I don't have my tent handy. Although it eats tires regularly (like every 25k miles) it handles beautifully and has only lost traction once on black ice. Thankfully the emergency brake works wonders. I can easily clock 35 mpg on hwy: cruise control @ 70mph w/ AC set on #2. Just replaced the battery (with an Optima) since I love to off-road this sportwagon. New brakes at 60k, new platinum spark plugs, regularly scheduled maintenance, oil changes and it still runs great closing in on 100k."

Total Escape Machine

My Car Rocks!

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"I'm glad to see other good reviews on this car. I did three months of research, then picked the 92-X up for a steal with a GM discount. The 92-X handles well, looks great, performs great in the snow and up hills. This is the best car I have owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-2X near Honolulu. See local deals