2005 Saab 9-2X

9.4

Based on 77 Ratings for the 2005 - 2006 models.

9.7/10

05 92x Aero Auto

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "quick, fun to drive, awd, practical, unusual"

Cons: "rear seats cramped, premium gas only"

"Owned this car for 4 years and no major problems so far, has never left me stranded. It's a subaru wrx wagon but looks better and is rarer i think they only made about 10,000 of these for the North American market. Handling is great in all weather conditions and the steering is exceptional. Turbo power makes things fun although the auto box is rather slow and only 4 speed so i would prefer a stick shift. Maintenance is easy (except for changing spark plugs)as all the mechanical parts are subaru so easily available, body work could be more of an issue though. Lots of aftermarket tuning options if that's your thing. It may not be a real saab but that is good. Aero models need premium gas and average around 25 mpg"

Original Owner never faults this car.

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "$6,600 A joy to drive and safe too!"

"Well maintained with service records available, this car sparkles inside and out (minor scratches on exterior appear). Brakes and tires are good; car drives smoothly and starts efficiently. Never had more than a minor fender accident."

Made cheap, breaks to easy

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, gets you anywhere you need to go"

Cons: "everything will be broken when you get back"

"love the car but everything inside is falling apart along with the clutch and various other things that quit on me since i got the car. Its always one thing after another."

Very reliable fun to drive turbo AWDsmall wagon.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

"Super fun to drive reliable car. Saabaru is essentially an upgraded Subaru WRX wagon."

Kind of the best of both worlds

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Subaru durability, Saab style"

Cons: "Potential head gasket issues, a little cramped"

"As a previous owner of a Saturn Vue (with the Honda V6) and a Volvo 760 (with a Ford V8), I've always been a fan of vehicles that combine a couple of desirable qualities into one slightly weird package. In this case, we got the driving dynamics, reliability and affordable repair costs of a Subaru WRX - which I drove once and loved - alongside the sleek exterior and interior design of a Saab. For me, that's close to perfect - though, of course, in cross-breeding the two vehicles, you do inherit some of their drawbacks as well. The interior, while miles ahead of that of the WRX I drove, still isn't nearly as nice as what we got used to in our 9-5. And the repair costs, while less than those of the 9-5, are still higher than if we'd gotten an Accord or Camry. But it's a compromise we're willing to make, and a combination I'm not sure we could find elsewhere. Too bad there are so few of these out there… I would've thought there would be more of a market for a "premium" wagon for folks who don't want to pay Audi prices. But maybe other folks who share our (apparently peculiar) taste don't share our (comparatively low) budget!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Saab 9-2X near Honolulu. See local deals