• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab

Based on 20 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great Machine For Our Needs

By on Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, great looks, decent fuel economy"

Cons: "A few interior rattles, no nav input while moving"

"We are switching from a Class C motorhome to a truck camper and needed a vehicle with a large payload capacity. Modern truck campers can have loaded weights of 5000 pounds or more. Our truck with a 14,000 pound GVWR will more than adequately handle the camper we are purchasing, and has enough engine and braking power for any conditions we might encounter. While overkill for our current needs, I decided to opt for the high output Cummins engine and Aisin transmission in case we ever decide to switch to a fifth-wheel camper. We also wanted a comfortable interior to coddle us on long trips. The RAM 3500 Laramie really fits the bill. Great seats, plenty of storage and a killer sound system. The infotainment system is very up to date. Being a technologist, I can always find some faults with these systems, but this is the best I have seen so far...at least in a domestic vehicle. I have owned two Chevy HD pickups, one gas and one diesel. The RAM is significantly better in essentially every area, particularly in unloaded ride quality and interior comfort. It's nice to be able to listen to the (very excellent) stereo, something that was a chore in the Silverado trucks. For a tow vehicle the RAM really shines. The power folding, pivoting mirrors can be adjusted for a great view. The fifth-wheel prep package is a real standout, with a serious wiring connector in the bed and holes for hitch mounting already prepped. The RAM brand has come a long way. Ten years ago I probably would have never considered a RAM truck. This time around, based on much research and driving, it was the only truck I considered."

Real good condition like new

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Like new"

First RAM Dually, Second RAM truck

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "Powerful, feature-rich, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage (of course), won't fit in the car wash"

The new workhorse!

"We purchased this truck to pull our new 38 foot 5th wheel trailer. Since we full-time RV we wanted a truck that was more than a work truck. We sure got that with the Laramie! The interior is extremely comfortable and feature-rich. The ride, while somewhat stiff (it is a 1-ton truck after all) is surprisingly quiet at highway speeds. The horsepower and torque of the 6.7L Cummins power plant are legendary. During the first 1000 miles we are getting 16.5 mpg around town. We haven't towed the trailer yet so we don't know what that mileage is. While we haven't had the truck long enough to rate it's reliability, we are confident that we'll get many years of great service from the vehicle."

The new workhorse!

Good truck, first Ram or Dodge. Good all around.

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

"Great for pulling, engine break is a strong plus. Seats are very good. Good solid truck! ! !"

Beautiful, powerful, comfortable, reliable

By on Friday, February 06, 2015

Pros: "Power, power, power. Comfort. Beauty."

Cons: "It will spoil you for any other brand of truck."

"I bought this truck new and have owned it for 2 years. It will pull ANYTHING with ease, even up a steep grade. Very comfortable & quiet. Luxurious. All the gadgets & power points. Fabulous sound system. LOVE the exhaust brake. No DEF needed. This truck is absolutely wonderful. Plan to keep it as long as I need a truck. So glad I traded off my Ford F350 King Ranch for this Ram. Can't beat the Cummins."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 3500 Mega Cab near Honolulu. See local deals