• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Worse truck ever!

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Cheap"

Cons: "Everything"

"First dodge I have ever owned and will be the last! Been in the shop over a dozen times in 2 years. Does not hold up to ranch work. Ford will out pull it any day."

I am retired gm employee

By on Friday, May 03, 2013

Pros: "Love driving the truck with lots of extras !"

Cons: "We didnt buy one sooner!!"

"I pull my 40' fifth wheel trailer and toyota on tow dolly with this truck and we are totally satisfied with the power and comfort of this truck.We have had several duramax 3500 and always having injector problems and low power in the high wind and hills.The ram eliminates those frustrations and costly repair bills!!! WAY TO GO TOO THE DODGE RAM PEOPLE!!!!"

Much better than the previous 3rd Gen trucks

By on Monday, March 04, 2013

Cons: "dpf and egr systems. tranny/convertor"

"Although I liked the body style of the 3rd Gen's (having sold an 07 5.9) a little more than the 4th gen version, the interior is night and day better on the new trucks. I'm still not sold on the 6.7 although my truck is deleted and gets decent mileage. The power and reliability of the 5.9 is still yet to be matched by a 6.7. I do like the 6 spd auto that the 6.7's have, but they are still the weak link in the truck"

First Dually, very nice

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "It's a beast"

Cons: "As always - playing games with the dealer."

"An ST with upgrades. Dually, Crew cab, 4x4, Cummins, Auto. It pulls my 35' 5th wheel (and boat) with ease and stability. Took a bit of getting used to backing the boat down the ramp with a dually. Does good around town, still working on parking spaces. Really shines taking the family anywhere or picking up the kids after practice. The crew cab is huge and comfortable. First diesel, had a V-10 F250 Superduty. I am happy so far, so is the family."

Great vehicle!!

By on Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Pros: "User friendly, easy to drive."

Cons: "my only con is buying the other 2 hd's"

"Hello, I have owned all three of these HD monsters, Ford, Chevrolet, and now a Dodge. I like this truck the most, the user friendly Navi to the Reclining back seat, there is no comparison. In March 2011 I bought a new Ford HD that had 6500 miles on it when it got the Ford Death Wobble, I wasted no time getting rid of it, went from towing a tractor to sitting on the Chevrolet lot in less than two hours. I traded it in on the 2011 Chevrolet 3500 HD in September of 2011, great truck until I got 300 miles on it; it blew the first turbo at that point. The navi system thought the truck was still in Michigan and showed me driving through the great lakes. I assured onstar we were actually in Northern California; they still have not made the system work correctly in 6 months. The truck has blown two turbo's a rear differential and an oil pump. It is being repurchased atm. So I needed a new truck, so I went on a whim to the dodge dealer here, and found this truck. All I can say is the interior is softer than my horse saddle; the cab is so quiet compared to the other two trucks. There is plenty of power, there is no break in required with a Cummins unlike Chevy and Ford. The cab is so spacious you can get lost in it. The dashboard is absolutely gorgeous. The stereo system needs no upgrades. The Uconnect works every time unlike the Chevrolet system or the Ford who has a speech impediment. It is totally hands free. The fuel mileage has been around 12 to 18.5 mpg. The ride is like a truck yet soft enough to smoothe out the bumps when going out with the wife and family. The entertainment center is light years ahead of Chevrolet. The truck legs out the long hauls with a 14k trailer behind it. I had a Dodge back in 1996, it was a V-10 that was a lemon in five months, it blew five motors in that short period of time. I swore off Dodge after that, until I drove this truck off the lot on a test drive. All HD trucks have their issues, but this one is my favorite truck. I keep them for 7 years and always trade up; this one might be a lifer."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 3500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals