• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 2500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,549 - $29,454.

8.2

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next

Having serious trouble liking my 2500HD truck

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "power of the diesel"

Cons: "cheap seats, uncomfortable ride, suspension"

"Bought the 2012 2500 HD ST reg pickup in March 2012. Added steps, gooseneck hitch, bed liner. Bought the truck to haul my horses long distance and to give my beloved 1500 2003 hemi a rest. Love the cummins diesel. It could haul a train and was just what I wanted. As for the rest of the truck, I still can't decide if I want to keep it. Hauling, the truck squatted down and was very unstable under loading GN or bumper pull. Had to add airbags to the rear suspension, and still can't quite get as good handling as my old 2003 hemi with no modifications. Worst of all is the ride comfort. The seats are SO uncomfortable I don't know if I could do a long haul in this truck. Cheap, hard and downright painful, and I don't have back problems (yet). Add that to the handling when towing, and I'm just not convinced yet that this is my truck for the next 5 years."

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."

Lovin' the 2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Larmie

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Bang for the Buck"

Cons: "Gas Milage"

"I owned a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD before I traded it in on my 1-ton Dodge and it was a fantastic decision. You get by far more bells and whistles for the price and the interior is without a doubt more plush and luxurious to the Sierra which rattled and felt like a $5 happy meal to drive. I agree, the towing and cargo capacity is lower than the GMC and FORD but the truck is a heck of a lot nicer and you get the reliability of the Cummins Diesel."

Killed two tranmissions in 40k miles.

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

"My truck is now on its 3rd transmission in 40k miles. I will confess... I do plenty of heavy towing and stop and go driving for my work, but needing new transmissions like the engine needs fresh oil every few thousand miles is ridiculous. I've owned many other trucks with many more miles all on the original transmissions."

Awesome truck

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Top quality, loads of power"

Cons: "you have to really nitpick to find one"

"Had to replace my aging SuperDuty, and decided to go with a Cummins. I'm very happy I did. You get a lot more "bang for your buck" with the Ram. It's loaded with everything, and I got the base ST model which came with several upgrades. My biggest gripe is the light for the TPMS is too bright on dark rural roads, but that's it. The Cummins thinks it's a sports car engine. Fuel mileage isn't quite as good as the 7.3 Powerstroke, but it sure doesn't accelerate like a PS. The 4wd has handled everything winter here can throw at it and done it like a surefooted cat. Family loves the crew cab. It's a win-win-win."

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next