2014 Ram 2500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,780 - $28,857.

8.2

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Great Looking Truck

By on Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Unlike so many of the other trucks on the road today, this one comes ready to work. I need a real snow plow, not a toy, and this one works well with it. With the diesel or hemi there is lots of power to pull a heavy load up a hill. Best of all it looks great!"

The 6.4 Hemi is way under powered, I expected more

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Pros: "Good looks nice features"

Cons: "NO POWER and I have the 4.10 gear ratio"

"I dropped down from a diesel to the new 6.4 Hemi as I only pull my toy hauler 4 or 5 times a year and figured the reduction ib torgue wouldn't bother me, I WAS WRONG. If you pull a trailer you will not want the Hemi, heading up north as soon as I started hitting the hills I dropped to 30 miles an hour. Max weight of my trailer is 13,000 but I dont carry toys so full of water I am probably close to 10,000. The truck is beautifule, very nice features as I have the Laramie but no power, I really expected more out of the 6.4 I really wish I had my diesel back"

Best 3/4 ton truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Everything about it"

Cons: "If I have too, the fact the rear seats don't fold"

"This is by far the best truck of the 13 I have owned. I usually buy a new truck every 18 months. I drive a lot of miles both country roads and highway. It is the best fuel mileage as well. I have a gas engine and have installed k & n and I average 18 mph highway 15.8 country/city. Very nice standard features. I have not had 1 issue with this truck. I used to drive Chevy, had issues that had to FIGHT Chevy for coverage, then switched to ford and got very good at replacing ball joints. Haven't touched this or my last Dodge. Last one had 60,000 miles with original tires, brakes etc."

Very Good Truck - No dissapointments at all

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "HD 6.4 hemi, towing stability, comfort, quiet, mpg"

Cons: "climate control, ram theme"

"Never thought I would buy a dodge but after checking out their latest offerings due to the need for a decent hd gas engine, I have the 6.4 Hemi Big Horn CCSB 4WD, air bag suspension. I bought this truck as a hd tow alternative to a diesel (due to reliability problems with todays govt. mandated diesel emissions). This truck delivers as a good hd tow platform, gets reasonable fuel mileage - averaging 14.5 and up to 19 at 70 on the highway. I tow an 8500 lb travel trailer and get 8.5 to 9. The rear air suspension helps the ride some, but not much. Overall the truck has been very reliable, the quality is very good, power is excellent even when towing (not as good as a diesel but that is to be expected). So far in 7000 miles I have had zero issues and have not had to return to the dealer. Pricing was excellent with the incentives available and the truck is packed with features. Connectivity is also outstanding. Overall I would recommend. The only things I dont like is the climate control buttons for temp (this should be a rotary knob) and the over the top big RAM theme."

Stable, comfortable, powerful driver. Great power.

By on Thursday, June 04, 2015

Pros: "Great value. Good looking truck. Many compliments."

Cons: "A tall truck, even stock. You need the sideboards."

"See summary above. I have driven for over 50 years and find this hands-down the most powerful, comfortable truck ever. Tows 10,000 pounds on any grade like it's not even there. Handles substandard roads in any weather with ease. Quiet. Passenger comfort excellent."