2014 Ram 2500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,541 - $28,670.

8.2

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Very Good Truck - No dissapointments at all

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "HD 6.4 hemi, towing stability, comfort, quiet, mpg"

Cons: "climate control, ram theme"

"Never thought I would buy a dodge but after checking out their latest offerings due to the need for a decent hd gas engine, I have the 6.4 Hemi Big Horn CCSB 4WD, air bag suspension. I bought this truck as a hd tow alternative to a diesel (due to reliability problems with todays govt. mandated diesel emissions). This truck delivers as a good hd tow platform, gets reasonable fuel mileage - averaging 14.5 and up to 19 at 70 on the highway. I tow an 8500 lb travel trailer and get 8.5 to 9. The rear air suspension helps the ride some, but not much. Overall the truck has been very reliable, the quality is very good, power is excellent even when towing (not as good as a diesel but that is to be expected). So far in 7000 miles I have had zero issues and have not had to return to the dealer. Pricing was excellent with the incentives available and the truck is packed with features. Connectivity is also outstanding. Overall I would recommend. The only things I dont like is the climate control buttons for temp (this should be a rotary knob) and the over the top big RAM theme."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Cummins, room, comfort and features"

Cons: "None for me, superb product."

"I bought my RAM in October of 12. I now have just over 34k on the Cummins, and it is running absolutely GREAT! I had the N40 recall done on the diesel one month ago, and I am one of the few whose mileage increased, I went from 15 MPG highway to 18 MPG highway, a good improvement. Power and torque in the diesel is awesome, pulling my 34' trailer is a breeze. I have the Big Horn trim, black with chrome, and put 2" spacers in the front, and bigger tires, and for a rig like that to get 18 on the highway, I am very happy. I did not buy it for fuel economy, but I will take every bit I can get. I haul my family, cows, horses, friends, friends furniture, pretty much anything. I have had many compliments on the looks of my RAM, it is a good looking truck. I am very satisfied with this product. I owned a 6.0 powerstroke prior, and I will never buy another Ford diesel product. Cummins only. If you are on the fence about gas or diesel, get the diesel."

Stable, comfortable, powerful driver. Great power.

By on Thursday, June 04, 2015

Pros: "Great value. Good looking truck. Many compliments."

Cons: "A tall truck, even stock. You need the sideboards."

"See summary above. I have driven for over 50 years and find this hands-down the most powerful, comfortable truck ever. Tows 10,000 pounds on any grade like it's not even there. Handles substandard roads in any weather with ease. Quiet. Passenger comfort excellent."

Very sturdy dependable truck. Tows like a champ.

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Sits high, tows well, built to last forever."

Cons: "A bit rougn riding, tranny jerks sometimes."

Not my truck, but close -- maybe a Tradesman?

"This Ram 2500 diesel is a truck designed for heavy work or towing, but it can double as a daily driver like I use mine. The two things I don't like about this truck are it's rather jarring ride, and the transmission, which seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. The shift pattern is poor, with a large jump into a high ratio from 4th into 5th and above, making it necessary to manually keep gears in a lower range by using the column mounted shift button while in town. Otherwise you'll find yourself tooling around town at 1,000 rpm, hardly enough to keep the soot filter clean. Other that, it's a magnificent truck, built for a lifetime of use. As for depreciation, it seems to hold its value better than most vehicles sold today, making it's high initial purchase price a bit more tolerable. My SLT Bighorn has almost every option I could want, except for auto climate control & ventilated seats. I think it's a great choice compared to the Laramie/Longhorn, which seems too highly priced to me and has few needed options above the Bighorn. BTW, if you tow a lot, this is the truck to do it with -- you'll never know your tow vehicle is there unless you look in the rear view mirror. Get your Ram today -- they seem to be going up about $4,000 a year -- but the 2014's are clearing out now with good discounts."

Not my truck, but close -- maybe a Tradesman?

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."