• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 2500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,577 - $29,476.

8.2

Based on 48 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

I like the truck but not Ram Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Ram Customer Service the WORST"

"My map light does not work, I have contacted dealer & customer service numerous times and was told they were looking into it. After 2 & half months Ram Cust Service said they have NO parts for repairs and don't know when part replacement will be available. Not that a map light is so important, but really they don't have a map light for a $61,000 truck and won't pull a part from the factory build line. I'm glad it's not a starter or gear shift or a radio knob broken they may not have those parts either. In addition to this the electronics have shut off a couple of times and you have to re-start to get them working. All in all (so far) I like the truck. But I have never had a Chevy or Ford dealer or their customer service say they don't have replacement parts. So to me the warranty is not worth nothing. I noticed the map light was not working 1 week after I purchased the truck."

My first Ram.....my first diesel, and I love it!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride,& Reliability"

Cons: "Fuel cost."

"My Ram 2500 HD has amazing power. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is increased fuel economy. I get between 17 & 18 MPH on the highway w/o pulling my trailer."

One bad vehicle

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun truck to drive."

Cons: "gets dirty easily"

"Ford & Chevy wish they had the engine, running gear and over all quality of the Ram"

2013 RAM 2500 - Nothing Compares Period!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Capability, Luxury, Infotainment, Quite Ride"

"Longtime truck and suv owner - I always thought myself as a GM guy. I needed a truck to be able to tow a 30ft Chaparral on a triple axle - Avg tow weight 9,600lbs - I tow it 8-12 times a month between 5-50miles, with a long trip now and then 500 miles. I seriously considered the GMC Sierra Denali 2500 because of the capability and interior features and I felt the Ford was too boxy and dull. I researched and researched, test drove, spoke to owners, spoke to dealers and read blogs/watched videos. I had spent months looking over internet sites and comments. I found the truck that fits the bill and I believe that my 2013 RAM Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Cummins cannot be beat. The exterior look, interior tech / luxury appointments, capability to tow 17,000 lbs. The fit and finish is just amazing - I've packed on 5,000 miles so far and this rig rides great, the torque is off the hook, very comfortable, avg 22.5 mph highway and 17.5 city, backup camera/sensors, and the creature comforts are too cool "Remote start and the truck know's if it needs the heated seats/steering wheel to turn on or if it's hot outside to turn on the cooled seats - Very Nice!" Yeah I could have just got a base 3/4 ton truck - but I wanted something that had it all!"

A strong truck with a nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, very interior, great value"

Cons: "Diesel engine isn't cheap."

"That Cummins can't be beat. I love the torque and the sound of this engine (Maybe a little too quiet, I guess). It is a very expensive engine to have, and it is pretty thirsty, but the towing power + the exhaust brake make it worth every penny over the Hemi. The two things I dislike about this is that the A/C system feels kind of weak. It just barely keeps up with the hottest temps. The other thing I dislike is that I find it very difficult to climb over the tailgate lip and use the tiny bumper as an up/down step. If you have a 4x4 like me, it's just makes it that much harder. I have no other real complaints. The most surprising thing about this truck is really how nice the interior is. It's no Maybach, but it's very comfortable and looks very well made in comparison to other trucks I've owned. This truck is also a pretty good value in comparison to other trucks. It has many features standard that you just wouldn't expect for the price."

What an incredible truck!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I absolutely love the Cummins Diesel. It is a very expensive option, but it's worth it. The torque and effortless towing you get is just incredible. The new Ram's interior is best in class by a mile. It's very comfortable, spacious and feels very well made. My only two complaints are just with the base work truck ST trim. It really is a great value (Like all the other trim levels) but it should be more basic for people that just want a simple truck just for work. And my other complaint is that Ram just announced a new 850 lb-ft Cummins with an Aisin transmission for 2013. Oh, why didn't I wait???!!! Well, no big deal. I'm still extremely happy with my 2012."

True test of reliability

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Comfort, power"

Cons: "Seats breaking down with heavy use"

"I am currently a manager for a large County EMS service in Texas. Our service has been running these diesel trucks for the past few years. From unfinished dirt roads to city driving and everything in between some of these units have well over 200k HARD miles. Other than a few small hick ups the dodge 6.7L diesel has by far been the most dependable engine we have ever used in our fleet. We have had a few problems with our front seats breaking down and needing to be replaced around 180k miles. Although I don't see many normal consumers having this problem since we are in and out of these trucks none stop 24-7. Just can't say enough about the reliability of these trucks. I now own one my self.."

Best Ram Cummins ever...Best Truck ever!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cons: "Nothing I can think of."

"Not one complaint. The interior quality, the ride comfort, the quietness of the interior, the smoothness and strength of the 6.7L Cummins Diesel are the best yet in a Dodge truck. I've driven many other trucks, but nothing tops a Cummins engine. Reliability has been excellent."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

Having serious trouble liking my 2500HD truck

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "power of the diesel"

Cons: "cheap seats, uncomfortable ride, suspension"

"Bought the 2012 2500 HD ST reg pickup in March 2012. Added steps, gooseneck hitch, bed liner. Bought the truck to haul my horses long distance and to give my beloved 1500 2003 hemi a rest. Love the cummins diesel. It could haul a train and was just what I wanted. As for the rest of the truck, I still can't decide if I want to keep it. Hauling, the truck squatted down and was very unstable under loading GN or bumper pull. Had to add airbags to the rear suspension, and still can't quite get as good handling as my old 2003 hemi with no modifications. Worst of all is the ride comfort. The seats are SO uncomfortable I don't know if I could do a long haul in this truck. Cheap, hard and downright painful, and I don't have back problems (yet). Add that to the handling when towing, and I'm just not convinced yet that this is my truck for the next 5 years."

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."

Lovin' the 2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Larmie

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Bang for the Buck"

Cons: "Gas Milage"

"I owned a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD before I traded it in on my 1-ton Dodge and it was a fantastic decision. You get by far more bells and whistles for the price and the interior is without a doubt more plush and luxurious to the Sierra which rattled and felt like a $5 happy meal to drive. I agree, the towing and cargo capacity is lower than the GMC and FORD but the truck is a heck of a lot nicer and you get the reliability of the Cummins Diesel."

Killed two tranmissions in 40k miles.

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

"My truck is now on its 3rd transmission in 40k miles. I will confess... I do plenty of heavy towing and stop and go driving for my work, but needing new transmissions like the engine needs fresh oil every few thousand miles is ridiculous. I've owned many other trucks with many more miles all on the original transmissions."

Awesome truck

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Top quality, loads of power"

Cons: "you have to really nitpick to find one"

"Had to replace my aging SuperDuty, and decided to go with a Cummins. I'm very happy I did. You get a lot more "bang for your buck" with the Ram. It's loaded with everything, and I got the base ST model which came with several upgrades. My biggest gripe is the light for the TPMS is too bright on dark rural roads, but that's it. The Cummins thinks it's a sports car engine. Fuel mileage isn't quite as good as the 7.3 Powerstroke, but it sure doesn't accelerate like a PS. The 4wd has handled everything winter here can throw at it and done it like a surefooted cat. Family loves the crew cab. It's a win-win-win."

4th truck love the fit and finish

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "It's big - Cummins - Larmine interior. Ice boxes"

Cons: "Zero so far"

"Have had a new 2012 Laramie Cummins 4x4 for 1 month. Love it. No comparison to the 06 Laramie 1500 4x4. Its a beast. 800lb torque . Interior is awesome. Have had zero issues. Very quiet smooth ride for a 2500. Got and would recommend the Garmin nav. It's a special order. Rear seat ice boxes under the floor pretty cool. Lots of thumbs up."

Worst pickup i have ever owned, been in the shop

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "there is none"

Cons: "its a lemon"

"Sitting in the shop right now, coolant leak, bad head, bad block, this pickup is junk. i would recomend you stay away from them. poor on fuel, lacks power. Dodge does not work on them properly, they have not even driven it to see if it would break, i wish i never bought the thing."

2010.5 with over 100000 miles and still going

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "besides wheels, its built to go anywhere."

Cons: "had to replace 17" whls with 20" whls (no lft rqd)"

"bought 2500 ram diesel 4x4 st in sept 2010, have run it 107000 miles as of the end of jan 2012. often idles for 8-10hrs at a time. tpms needs overall improvment imo, front ds wheel bearing went out taking the rotor and brake pads with it around 80000 mls, replaced transfer case seal due to slight leak around 90000 mls, replaced rear ps axle seal around 80000 mls. i run it hard across the country with just under 6k on the front axle, just over 5k on the rear axle, and pulling 10k on the two trailer axles and im still riding about 7000 mls a month with it. its my first diesel and four wheel drive vehicle so no comparison other than a ford will out pull me going up hill with nearly the same load. overall, i think my second vehicle will be the same dodge diesel 4x4, with an upgrade to the longhorn edition and its extras. so far, this truck has proven itself a workhorse in all conditions and extremes."

Best trade ever.

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Cummins power and deleted fuel economy."

Cons: "TPMS tire bing, MUST A Steering box stabilizer!"

"I bought my new 2011.5 Mega Cab after a long search to replace my aging GMC Duramax which was a very good truck with 268,000 somewhat trouble free miles. I have the 4x4 with every option but the sunroof which I chose the roof marker lights instead. My experience has been awesome thus far, only issues have been with the tire tpms monitoring system which sucks. I leveled mine with Thuren 2.75 springs and Thuren white shocks, it runs awesome post delete with 15.5 city"

Not a moments problem with this truck.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "The Cummins has a lot of power"

Cons: "Hard to tell where the front end stops"

"I have driven pickup trucks for the past 40 years. Through that time I have had new Fords and Chevy's but this is the first time I have ever owned a Ram. The first new Ford I had left me walking and broken down at 800 miles. It was a short time before I got rid of the Ford. The last six new Chevrolet's I owned were 4wd and mostly good trucks but everyone had axle seals leaking at 50k or less. Why GM can not fix a simple issue like this after 20 years makes no sense to me. The steering column noise in my last 2003 Z71 GM was all I could take, so I bought the Ram. I must say that although I have had it less than 20k miles on the Ram, I have not one problem."

Get a Ford

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"My truck is aging poorly. Cab/frame bolts breaking and backing out. New Cat installed last week after the other fried up. Bunch of eletrical problems i've been having with lights mysteriously going off and on or not turning on at all. Brake problems that can't be fixed without the problem returning after 2000 miles of driving. If you want a real truck, get a Ford. Rams are junk."

I love it.

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2011 Ram 2500 Laramie MegaCab. I spent a lot of time researching my decision prior to my purchases and test drove then all. I liked Ford's Lariat interior better but Dodge did a pretty good job too. I did not want to be a guinea pig on a new engine that has only been out for a year. I love this truck it is comfortable and drivers really nice, and I can haul a lot of weight and don't even notice, the truck drives the same, you don't even feel it. I love this truck and I am not regretting my purchase at all."

Great Looking Truck

By on Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Unlike so many of the other trucks on the road today, this one comes ready to work. I need a real snow plow, not a toy, and this one works well with it. With the diesel or hemi there is lots of power to pull a heavy load up a hill. Best of all it looks great!"

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010