• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Ram 2500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,993 - $28,996.

8.2

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A LOT of power

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, styling, great deal"

Cons: "Rough ride on washboard dirt roads"

"I've owned primarily Ford trucks in the past, (gas). Looked at all the models this time for my first Diesel, and chose the RAM Cummins, (not sure why Ford changes their Diesel engines every 2-3 years...That scared me. Chevy just didn't cut it with the interior). I've had this truck for about 3 weeks now, and the only concern that I have is being able to keep rear tires on the truck. It's heavy overall, and light in the rear. The rear tires spin easily when pulling out into traffic, but the Stabilization Control makes certain you remain in control and put the power where it needs to be. The second day I had it, I was towing a 1.5ton trailer. Never knew it was back there. The rear tires broke free during shifts when I put the pedal to the floor. Tire rubber coated the inside of the rear wheel wells. If you take it easy, she does just fine... The exhaust brake works very well when pulling, or loaded. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE EXHAUST BRAKE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY, it can cause the rear-end to loose traction, especially when hauling. The fit and finish are superb. I have the 2013 2500 Laramie w/8.4an. Lots of features. The sound system is incredible. That paired with the SUPER quiet interior, and you can listen to crisp, clear music at a low volume, (nice). The seats are comfortable, but the ride itself is stiff. I have the optional Plow Ready Package, and without the plow on, it can be jar your teeth traveling slow on washboard dirt roads. Never had any complaint on the highway, though. The rear seat configuration is great. Plenty of room for 3 large people. When you lift the seats to place items instead of people, I think Chevy did a better job. Chevy gives you more room for rear Storage than RAM. Don't get me wrong, RAM has plenty of storage back there. RAM has the Fold Flat panels you have to unfold after you lift the seats due to under seat storage compartments. Chevy's seats are of a Cantilever design, so, fold the seats up and you have level floor all across the back. After working with my dealer, I was able to get this monster for $45,000. That's a FREE Diesel upgrade, and then some! Way less than Chevy or Ford were willing for the same trim level. Overall, VERY nice truck. I'm happy- :D"

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

What an incredible truck!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I absolutely love the Cummins Diesel. It is a very expensive option, but it's worth it. The torque and effortless towing you get is just incredible. The new Ram's interior is best in class by a mile. It's very comfortable, spacious and feels very well made. My only two complaints are just with the base work truck ST trim. It really is a great value (Like all the other trim levels) but it should be more basic for people that just want a simple truck just for work. And my other complaint is that Ram just announced a new 850 lb-ft Cummins with an Aisin transmission for 2013. Oh, why didn't I wait???!!! Well, no big deal. I'm still extremely happy with my 2012."

2010.5 with over 100000 miles and still going

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "besides wheels, its built to go anywhere."

Cons: "had to replace 17" whls with 20" whls (no lft rqd)"

"bought 2500 ram diesel 4x4 st in sept 2010, have run it 107000 miles as of the end of jan 2012. often idles for 8-10hrs at a time. tpms needs overall improvment imo, front ds wheel bearing went out taking the rotor and brake pads with it around 80000 mls, replaced transfer case seal due to slight leak around 90000 mls, replaced rear ps axle seal around 80000 mls. i run it hard across the country with just under 6k on the front axle, just over 5k on the rear axle, and pulling 10k on the two trailer axles and im still riding about 7000 mls a month with it. its my first diesel and four wheel drive vehicle so no comparison other than a ford will out pull me going up hill with nearly the same load. overall, i think my second vehicle will be the same dodge diesel 4x4, with an upgrade to the longhorn edition and its extras. so far, this truck has proven itself a workhorse in all conditions and extremes."

Best trade ever.

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Cummins power and deleted fuel economy."

Cons: "TPMS tire bing, MUST A Steering box stabilizer!"

"I bought my new 2011.5 Mega Cab after a long search to replace my aging GMC Duramax which was a very good truck with 268,000 somewhat trouble free miles. I have the 4x4 with every option but the sunroof which I chose the roof marker lights instead. My experience has been awesome thus far, only issues have been with the tire tpms monitoring system which sucks. I leveled mine with Thuren 2.75 springs and Thuren white shocks, it runs awesome post delete with 15.5 city"

Ram power

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

Pros: "Powerful"

Cons: "Mirrors ,cup holders are to low,low air warning"

"Powerful truck,will tow anything you want to tow. You have to be carefull when the road is wet with so match power the tires spin easy. I was doing 55 mph one day and got on it to hard getting on the interstate and had the tires spin. The mirrors have an awfull design. The tire low air warning takes over the whole display.If your down one pound of air it's all you will see on the display. The cup holders are to low."

Powerful, sturdy truck, Cummins diesel is super

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "strong, exc towing and hauling, good int & options"

Cons: "Tranny rough sometimes"

"Overall excellent vehicle. Tranny a bit jerky on up & downshift sometimes. Exc towing capability. Safe, sturdy frame, no rattles or torsion, pretty good visibility, good ride but a bit hard sometimes. A lifetime vehicle for those who want reliability and long lasting power."

Junk, bad choice for 1st new car purchase

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "looks nice, plenty of pulling power"

Cons: "unreliable, the fuel fill is a joke,"

"<300 miles-computer went out, @2500 miles batteries drain dead within 72 hours of parking, around 3500 miles erratic check engine lights, @5000 miles noticed alarm doesn't work, now at 7500 miles been in shop for two weeks with defective DEF sensor or pump or whatever. been in shop around 4 weeks total since new. one other major issue- your supposed to fill fuel with a funnel that is stored under front seat, if you don't use funnel you must fill very slowly or it will not fill."

the ramm just keeps getting better the cummins is

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "real horse to drive"

"the cummins is the only good diesel on the market you don't have to change computer for horse power have it already has it the 6 speed auto is great. i pull loades grossing 41000lb with a gooseneck trailer behind a 2500 ram and the rest of the truck is just as good. jim"

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."