2013 Ram 2500 Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Very disappointed in towing capability.

By on Saturday, January 09, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable ride, looks good"

Cons: "Have 6.4L V8 Hemi....no guts"

"Expected to have no trouble pulling stock trailer loaded with cows. Almost didn't get up one hill."

Love Dislike Relationship

By on Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pros: "Very comfortable and easy to drive. Great engine"

Cons: "Read my dislike comments"

"First the dislike portion. When I first bought this truck, It was a dream to me. Drove great, great comfort and plenty of power. Then came the DEF problems around 5000 miles. It spent close to 30 days over a period of a year trying to fix the DEF warning. "This truck will shut off in 150 miles" warning occurred three times, twice while I was more than 150 miles from home. It actually wont shut off but go into what they call limp mode which is 5 MPH. Not convenient when you are out of town. Thankfully, the local dealers in those areas were able to clear the codes after having to leave the truck for an average of 4 hours so I could drive home. This problem has been since cleared up but only after they replaced the DEF tank, pump and catalytic converter. It has had several recalls for the brakes (software), front end, airbag (software) and has had some other minor bugs like software problems causing the stereo and backup cameras to falter. The batteries had to be replaced after one year of service. Expensive proposition after your warranty is over. Mine were still under warranty. I will see what happens in a year. Even though I rotate the tires every 4000 miles myself and keep the TP right, the tires showed significant wear on the outside at 20000 miles. I just had an alignment done if see if that helps. Also be prepared to spend close to $300 every 15000 miles on two fuel filters. The cost of those filters alone are $180 without the labor if using mopar parts. The oil filter for those who change the oil themselves is also a bit tricky. You have to remove the right front tire (if you don't have access to a lift) to get to it. Even then, it took me a few times to figure how to get the filter out without spilling the contents all over the place. A plastic bag and saran wrap work well. The love portion. The engine, the engine, the engine!!! OMG, what a smooth running powerhouse (Cummings) The tranny shifts great also. The interior on my Limited is more comfortable on long rides than anyone could imagine. The stereo rocks also, especially when playing a CD, HD media or HD radio station. The handling is fantastic as well. The ride is perfect. Good sturdy suspension without any of the mush associated with those trucks that ride like cars. This truck is a mile long and does not have such a good turning radius so be prepared to use reverse and the backup camera quite a bit but that is not a complaint, just a hey it comes with the truck type of deal. This is my third diesel truck and hopefully if all the bugs are taken care of, my last for a while. The service department in all of the dealers I visited have been top notch. Chrysler really should be commended for taken good care of their customers. If it weren't for that, I would have traded this truck in. If you are in the market for a used one, I would suggest making sure that it has had any DEF problems fixed. Hopefully RAM has figured out how to solve the DEF problems in the newer trucks but they have been going on since DEF was introduced in 2007 or so. Yeah, I complained a bit in this review but when this truck is running good, it blows the doors off of other trucks in its class."

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

Stout, dependable, ready

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "Fun and hearty"

Cons: "Too comfortable everyone always wants to take my t"

"The Cummins diesel motor is strong and durable with outstanding towing capabilities and the interior that is available with the Laramie package is so comfortable and functional my bride of 34 years simply loves it. Guys, there is no quicker way to get a new truck than to have one available that you bride will love, and there is no better feeling when you load her up for a 10 hour drive to visit your kids and she continually comments on how comfortable she is! WOW, what a great feeling for sure! I bought this truck at the urging of some of my buddies who are RAM owners themselves and I sure glad I did. Before buying my RAM I was a Ford F250 man but had out off buying one due to the number of diesel problems Ford continued having. I begin thinking how often or how long had it been since I heard of continuing, or even isolated problems with the Cummins… As a small business owner and a weekend rancher I depend on a truck…a truck that is dependable, performance minded and quality proven…GUTS, GLORY * RAM!"

My first Ram.....my first diesel, and I love it!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride,& Reliability"

Cons: "Fuel cost."

"My Ram 2500 HD has amazing power. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is increased fuel economy. I get between 17 & 18 MPH on the highway w/o pulling my trailer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals