2012 Ram 2500 Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 65 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

What an incredible truck!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I absolutely love the Cummins Diesel. It is a very expensive option, but it's worth it. The torque and effortless towing you get is just incredible. The new Ram's interior is best in class by a mile. It's very comfortable, spacious and feels very well made. My only two complaints are just with the base work truck ST trim. It really is a great value (Like all the other trim levels) but it should be more basic for people that just want a simple truck just for work. And my other complaint is that Ram just announced a new 850 lb-ft Cummins with an Aisin transmission for 2013. Oh, why didn't I wait???!!! Well, no big deal. I'm still extremely happy with my 2012."

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

A LOT of power

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, styling, great deal"

Cons: "Rough ride on washboard dirt roads"

"I've owned primarily Ford trucks in the past, (gas). Looked at all the models this time for my first Diesel, and chose the RAM Cummins, (not sure why Ford changes their Diesel engines every 2-3 years...That scared me. Chevy just didn't cut it with the interior). I've had this truck for about 3 weeks now, and the only concern that I have is being able to keep rear tires on the truck. It's heavy overall, and light in the rear. The rear tires spin easily when pulling out into traffic, but the Stabilization Control makes certain you remain in control and put the power where it needs to be. The second day I had it, I was towing a 1.5ton trailer. Never knew it was back there. The rear tires broke free during shifts when I put the pedal to the floor. Tire rubber coated the inside of the rear wheel wells. If you take it easy, she does just fine... The exhaust brake works very well when pulling, or loaded. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE EXHAUST BRAKE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY, it can cause the rear-end to loose traction, especially when hauling. The fit and finish are superb. I have the 2013 2500 Laramie w/8.4an. Lots of features. The sound system is incredible. That paired with the SUPER quiet interior, and you can listen to crisp, clear music at a low volume, (nice). The seats are comfortable, but the ride itself is stiff. I have the optional Plow Ready Package, and without the plow on, it can be jar your teeth traveling slow on washboard dirt roads. Never had any complaint on the highway, though. The rear seat configuration is great. Plenty of room for 3 large people. When you lift the seats to place items instead of people, I think Chevy did a better job. Chevy gives you more room for rear Storage than RAM. Don't get me wrong, RAM has plenty of storage back there. RAM has the Fold Flat panels you have to unfold after you lift the seats due to under seat storage compartments. Chevy's seats are of a Cantilever design, so, fold the seats up and you have level floor all across the back. After working with my dealer, I was able to get this monster for $45,000. That's a FREE Diesel upgrade, and then some! Way less than Chevy or Ford were willing for the same trim level. Overall, VERY nice truck. I'm happy- :D"

True test of reliability

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Comfort, power"

Cons: "Seats breaking down with heavy use"

"I am currently a manager for a large County EMS service in Texas. Our service has been running these diesel trucks for the past few years. From unfinished dirt roads to city driving and everything in between some of these units have well over 200k HARD miles. Other than a few small hick ups the dodge 6.7L diesel has by far been the most dependable engine we have ever used in our fleet. We have had a few problems with our front seats breaking down and needing to be replaced around 180k miles. Although I don't see many normal consumers having this problem since we are in and out of these trucks none stop 24-7. Just can't say enough about the reliability of these trucks. I now own one my self.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals