2012 Ram 2500 Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 68 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

A strong truck with a nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, very interior, great value"

Cons: "Diesel engine isn't cheap."

"That Cummins can't be beat. I love the torque and the sound of this engine (Maybe a little too quiet, I guess). It is a very expensive engine to have, and it is pretty thirsty, but the towing power + the exhaust brake make it worth every penny over the Hemi. The two things I dislike about this is that the A/C system feels kind of weak. It just barely keeps up with the hottest temps. The other thing I dislike is that I find it very difficult to climb over the tailgate lip and use the tiny bumper as an up/down step. If you have a 4x4 like me, it's just makes it that much harder. I have no other real complaints. The most surprising thing about this truck is really how nice the interior is. It's no Maybach, but it's very comfortable and looks very well made in comparison to other trucks I've owned. This truck is also a pretty good value in comparison to other trucks. It has many features standard that you just wouldn't expect for the price."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

I love it.

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2011 Ram 2500 Laramie MegaCab. I spent a lot of time researching my decision prior to my purchases and test drove then all. I liked Ford's Lariat interior better but Dodge did a pretty good job too. I did not want to be a guinea pig on a new engine that has only been out for a year. I love this truck it is comfortable and drivers really nice, and I can haul a lot of weight and don't even notice, the truck drives the same, you don't even feel it. I love this truck and I am not regretting my purchase at all."

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

True test of reliability

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Comfort, power"

Cons: "Seats breaking down with heavy use"

"I am currently a manager for a large County EMS service in Texas. Our service has been running these diesel trucks for the past few years. From unfinished dirt roads to city driving and everything in between some of these units have well over 200k HARD miles. Other than a few small hick ups the dodge 6.7L diesel has by far been the most dependable engine we have ever used in our fleet. We have had a few problems with our front seats breaking down and needing to be replaced around 180k miles. Although I don't see many normal consumers having this problem since we are in and out of these trucks none stop 24-7. Just can't say enough about the reliability of these trucks. I now own one my self.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals