2012 Ram 2500 Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Ram power

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

Pros: "Powerful"

Cons: "Mirrors ,cup holders are to low,low air warning"

"Powerful truck,will tow anything you want to tow. You have to be carefull when the road is wet with so match power the tires spin easy. I was doing 55 mph one day and got on it to hard getting on the interstate and had the tires spin. The mirrors have an awfull design. The tire low air warning takes over the whole display.If your down one pound of air it's all you will see on the display. The cup holders are to low."

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

What an incredible truck!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I absolutely love the Cummins Diesel. It is a very expensive option, but it's worth it. The torque and effortless towing you get is just incredible. The new Ram's interior is best in class by a mile. It's very comfortable, spacious and feels very well made. My only two complaints are just with the base work truck ST trim. It really is a great value (Like all the other trim levels) but it should be more basic for people that just want a simple truck just for work. And my other complaint is that Ram just announced a new 850 lb-ft Cummins with an Aisin transmission for 2013. Oh, why didn't I wait???!!! Well, no big deal. I'm still extremely happy with my 2012."

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

2010.5 with over 100000 miles and still going

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "besides wheels, its built to go anywhere."

Cons: "had to replace 17" whls with 20" whls (no lft rqd)"

"bought 2500 ram diesel 4x4 st in sept 2010, have run it 107000 miles as of the end of jan 2012. often idles for 8-10hrs at a time. tpms needs overall improvment imo, front ds wheel bearing went out taking the rotor and brake pads with it around 80000 mls, replaced transfer case seal due to slight leak around 90000 mls, replaced rear ps axle seal around 80000 mls. i run it hard across the country with just under 6k on the front axle, just over 5k on the rear axle, and pulling 10k on the two trailer axles and im still riding about 7000 mls a month with it. its my first diesel and four wheel drive vehicle so no comparison other than a ford will out pull me going up hill with nearly the same load. overall, i think my second vehicle will be the same dodge diesel 4x4, with an upgrade to the longhorn edition and its extras. so far, this truck has proven itself a workhorse in all conditions and extremes."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals