• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 2500 Regular Cab

8.2

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"I love the look and feel of this truck. The price was pretty good at the time of purchase. The gas mileage is horrible. 14 around town. 17.5 on highway. tows great and a lot of power. Had a paint issue (faded in one spot). I bought this truck because of the price and look. We will see if it holds it's value."

wouldn't have anything else!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "great price, great ride, great comfort."

Cons: "cigarette lighter hidden behind my knee."

"I wouldn't own anything but a MOPAR. Most reliable vehicle out there. Starts and runs GREAT, rugged styling, comfortable interior, does whatever I want it to do (and some things I don't need it to do!). The truck is smarter than me. It turns the lights, wipers on automaticly, has memory seats, talk to it and it responds - it is smarter than me!"

Powerful, sturdy truck, Cummins diesel is super

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "strong, exc towing and hauling, good int & options"

Cons: "Tranny rough sometimes"

"Overall excellent vehicle. Tranny a bit jerky on up & downshift sometimes. Exc towing capability. Safe, sturdy frame, no rattles or torsion, pretty good visibility, good ride but a bit hard sometimes. A lifetime vehicle for those who want reliability and long lasting power."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for