• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,352 - $37,617.

8.2

Based on 49 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Very Good Truck - No dissapointments at all

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "HD 6.4 hemi, towing stability, comfort, quiet, mpg"

Cons: "climate control, ram theme"

"Never thought I would buy a dodge but after checking out their latest offerings due to the need for a decent hd gas engine, I have the 6.4 Hemi Big Horn CCSB 4WD, air bag suspension. I bought this truck as a hd tow alternative to a diesel (due to reliability problems with todays govt. mandated diesel emissions). This truck delivers as a good hd tow platform, gets reasonable fuel mileage - averaging 14.5 and up to 19 at 70 on the highway. I tow an 8500 lb travel trailer and get 8.5 to 9. The rear air suspension helps the ride some, but not much. Overall the truck has been very reliable, the quality is very good, power is excellent even when towing (not as good as a diesel but that is to be expected). So far in 7000 miles I have had zero issues and have not had to return to the dealer. Pricing was excellent with the incentives available and the truck is packed with features. Connectivity is also outstanding. Overall I would recommend. The only things I dont like is the climate control buttons for temp (this should be a rotary knob) and the over the top big RAM theme."

The truck is very reliable

By on Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pros: "I like ram truck is fan to drive"

Cons: "The engine take too much gas not good"

"The only problem for mi is it takes lot of gas .i drive the truck all day and I spend $ 100 x day. Before a have a ram 1500 and it was very good on gas ,with the same engine the only difference was this truck had the economic system but for the cargo not good every day I put on the truck like 750 pounds my mistake was not to buy a diesel truck but now I have to buy one diesel truck ."

Very sturdy dependable truck. Tows like a champ.

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "Sits high, tows well, built to last forever."

Cons: "A bit rougn riding, tranny jerks sometimes."

Not my truck, but close -- maybe a Tradesman?

"This Ram 2500 diesel is a truck designed for heavy work or towing, but it can double as a daily driver like I use mine. The two things I don't like about this truck are it's rather jarring ride, and the transmission, which seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. The shift pattern is poor, with a large jump into a high ratio from 4th into 5th and above, making it necessary to manually keep gears in a lower range by using the column mounted shift button while in town. Otherwise you'll find yourself tooling around town at 1,000 rpm, hardly enough to keep the soot filter clean. Other that, it's a magnificent truck, built for a lifetime of use. As for depreciation, it seems to hold its value better than most vehicles sold today, making it's high initial purchase price a bit more tolerable. My SLT Bighorn has almost every option I could want, except for auto climate control & ventilated seats. I think it's a great choice compared to the Laramie/Longhorn, which seems too highly priced to me and has few needed options above the Bighorn. BTW, if you tow a lot, this is the truck to do it with -- you'll never know your tow vehicle is there unless you look in the rear view mirror. Get your Ram today -- they seem to be going up about $4,000 a year -- but the 2014's are clearing out now with good discounts."

Not my truck, but close -- maybe a Tradesman?

nice ride

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Like it for the auxillary sound system"

Cons: "price is to high"

"This 2013 Ram 2500 ccb Cummins turbo diesel rides and drives better than any HD truck I have owned and it gets upwards of 19.5 to 20.5 on the freeway and secondary roads, and rides very good and is very responsive from the stop, or while traveling, have had no major issues, the only thing I do not like is the tpms and the reason for that is the low pressure light is always on because I do not and will not keep max pressure in the tires nor will I keep the 60 lbs front nor the 45 lbs rear tire pressure because the 80 lb rear is to high not loaded and the 45 lb light load for the same is way to low. 45 lbs wears the shoulders out and the 80 if not loaded wears the center out. The 60 lb front seems to be okay, but I change the tire pressure after a few thousand to try and keep the tire wear even all around, and the high pressure and the low pressure in the back can and does cause premature tire wear. I run anywhere from 50 to 60 lbs all around when not loaded and when loaded I run 70 or maybe a little more all around and that makes for better economy and tire wear. The big white ox I own is the best Ram I have ever owned. The oil being constantly black because of the oil making these new epa controlled diesels do is not good for the engine nor ... leave it at that, the Ram Cummins is still a very nice vehicle to drive and the interior , transmission are also good."

Every good truck, minimal issues

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Performance & looks"

Cons: "Economy & space"

"Not the best with mileage, but it could be worse. It looks great, and I get a lot of compliments on it, more than any other vehicle, but it is large. Plenty of room, but it can be tough to park in the city. In the country, it rules, but in the city, it can be a challenge at times."