• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,543 - $37,830.

8.2

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next

Best Ram Cummins ever...Best Truck ever!

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cons: "Nothing I can think of."

"Not one complaint. The interior quality, the ride comfort, the quietness of the interior, the smoothness and strength of the 6.7L Cummins Diesel are the best yet in a Dodge truck. I've driven many other trucks, but nothing tops a Cummins engine. Reliability has been excellent."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

Having serious trouble liking my 2500HD truck

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "power of the diesel"

Cons: "cheap seats, uncomfortable ride, suspension"

"Bought the 2012 2500 HD ST reg pickup in March 2012. Added steps, gooseneck hitch, bed liner. Bought the truck to haul my horses long distance and to give my beloved 1500 2003 hemi a rest. Love the cummins diesel. It could haul a train and was just what I wanted. As for the rest of the truck, I still can't decide if I want to keep it. Hauling, the truck squatted down and was very unstable under loading GN or bumper pull. Had to add airbags to the rear suspension, and still can't quite get as good handling as my old 2003 hemi with no modifications. Worst of all is the ride comfort. The seats are SO uncomfortable I don't know if I could do a long haul in this truck. Cheap, hard and downright painful, and I don't have back problems (yet). Add that to the handling when towing, and I'm just not convinced yet that this is my truck for the next 5 years."

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."

Lovin' the 2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Larmie

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Bang for the Buck"

Cons: "Gas Milage"

"I owned a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD before I traded it in on my 1-ton Dodge and it was a fantastic decision. You get by far more bells and whistles for the price and the interior is without a doubt more plush and luxurious to the Sierra which rattled and felt like a $5 happy meal to drive. I agree, the towing and cargo capacity is lower than the GMC and FORD but the truck is a heck of a lot nicer and you get the reliability of the Cummins Diesel."

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 10 | Next