2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,350 - $36,867.

8.2

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

I like the truck but not Ram Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Ram Customer Service the WORST"

"My map light does not work, I have contacted dealer & customer service numerous times and was told they were looking into it. After 2 & half months Ram Cust Service said they have NO parts for repairs and don't know when part replacement will be available. Not that a map light is so important, but really they don't have a map light for a $61,000 truck and won't pull a part from the factory build line. I'm glad it's not a starter or gear shift or a radio knob broken they may not have those parts either. In addition to this the electronics have shut off a couple of times and you have to re-start to get them working. All in all (so far) I like the truck. But I have never had a Chevy or Ford dealer or their customer service say they don't have replacement parts. So to me the warranty is not worth nothing. I noticed the map light was not working 1 week after I purchased the truck."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

2013 RAM 2500 - Nothing Compares Period!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Capability, Luxury, Infotainment, Quite Ride"

"Longtime truck and suv owner - I always thought myself as a GM guy. I needed a truck to be able to tow a 30ft Chaparral on a triple axle - Avg tow weight 9,600lbs - I tow it 8-12 times a month between 5-50miles, with a long trip now and then 500 miles. I seriously considered the GMC Sierra Denali 2500 because of the capability and interior features and I felt the Ford was too boxy and dull. I researched and researched, test drove, spoke to owners, spoke to dealers and read blogs/watched videos. I had spent months looking over internet sites and comments. I found the truck that fits the bill and I believe that my 2013 RAM Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Cummins cannot be beat. The exterior look, interior tech / luxury appointments, capability to tow 17,000 lbs. The fit and finish is just amazing - I've packed on 5,000 miles so far and this rig rides great, the torque is off the hook, very comfortable, avg 22.5 mph highway and 17.5 city, backup camera/sensors, and the creature comforts are too cool "Remote start and the truck know's if it needs the heated seats/steering wheel to turn on or if it's hot outside to turn on the cooled seats - Very Nice!" Yeah I could have just got a base 3/4 ton truck - but I wanted something that had it all!"

My first Ram.....my first diesel, and I love it!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride,& Reliability"

Cons: "Fuel cost."

"My Ram 2500 HD has amazing power. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is increased fuel economy. I get between 17 & 18 MPH on the highway w/o pulling my trailer."

True test of reliability

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, Comfort, power"

Cons: "Seats breaking down with heavy use"

"I am currently a manager for a large County EMS service in Texas. Our service has been running these diesel trucks for the past few years. From unfinished dirt roads to city driving and everything in between some of these units have well over 200k HARD miles. Other than a few small hick ups the dodge 6.7L diesel has by far been the most dependable engine we have ever used in our fleet. We have had a few problems with our front seats breaking down and needing to be replaced around 180k miles. Although I don't see many normal consumers having this problem since we are in and out of these trucks none stop 24-7. Just can't say enough about the reliability of these trucks. I now own one my self.."

Awesome truck

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Top quality, loads of power"

Cons: "you have to really nitpick to find one"

"Had to replace my aging SuperDuty, and decided to go with a Cummins. I'm very happy I did. You get a lot more "bang for your buck" with the Ram. It's loaded with everything, and I got the base ST model which came with several upgrades. My biggest gripe is the light for the TPMS is too bright on dark rural roads, but that's it. The Cummins thinks it's a sports car engine. Fuel mileage isn't quite as good as the 7.3 Powerstroke, but it sure doesn't accelerate like a PS. The 4wd has handled everything winter here can throw at it and done it like a surefooted cat. Family loves the crew cab. It's a win-win-win."

A strong truck with a nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, very interior, great value"

Cons: "Diesel engine isn't cheap."

"That Cummins can't be beat. I love the torque and the sound of this engine (Maybe a little too quiet, I guess). It is a very expensive engine to have, and it is pretty thirsty, but the towing power + the exhaust brake make it worth every penny over the Hemi. The two things I dislike about this is that the A/C system feels kind of weak. It just barely keeps up with the hottest temps. The other thing I dislike is that I find it very difficult to climb over the tailgate lip and use the tiny bumper as an up/down step. If you have a 4x4 like me, it's just makes it that much harder. I have no other real complaints. The most surprising thing about this truck is really how nice the interior is. It's no Maybach, but it's very comfortable and looks very well made in comparison to other trucks I've owned. This truck is also a pretty good value in comparison to other trucks. It has many features standard that you just wouldn't expect for the price."

I love it.

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2011 Ram 2500 Laramie MegaCab. I spent a lot of time researching my decision prior to my purchases and test drove then all. I liked Ford's Lariat interior better but Dodge did a pretty good job too. I did not want to be a guinea pig on a new engine that has only been out for a year. I love this truck it is comfortable and drivers really nice, and I can haul a lot of weight and don't even notice, the truck drives the same, you don't even feel it. I love this truck and I am not regretting my purchase at all."

A LOT of power

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, styling, great deal"

Cons: "Rough ride on washboard dirt roads"

"I've owned primarily Ford trucks in the past, (gas). Looked at all the models this time for my first Diesel, and chose the RAM Cummins, (not sure why Ford changes their Diesel engines every 2-3 years...That scared me. Chevy just didn't cut it with the interior). I've had this truck for about 3 weeks now, and the only concern that I have is being able to keep rear tires on the truck. It's heavy overall, and light in the rear. The rear tires spin easily when pulling out into traffic, but the Stabilization Control makes certain you remain in control and put the power where it needs to be. The second day I had it, I was towing a 1.5ton trailer. Never knew it was back there. The rear tires broke free during shifts when I put the pedal to the floor. Tire rubber coated the inside of the rear wheel wells. If you take it easy, she does just fine... The exhaust brake works very well when pulling, or loaded. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE EXHAUST BRAKE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY, it can cause the rear-end to loose traction, especially when hauling. The fit and finish are superb. I have the 2013 2500 Laramie w/8.4an. Lots of features. The sound system is incredible. That paired with the SUPER quiet interior, and you can listen to crisp, clear music at a low volume, (nice). The seats are comfortable, but the ride itself is stiff. I have the optional Plow Ready Package, and without the plow on, it can be jar your teeth traveling slow on washboard dirt roads. Never had any complaint on the highway, though. The rear seat configuration is great. Plenty of room for 3 large people. When you lift the seats to place items instead of people, I think Chevy did a better job. Chevy gives you more room for rear Storage than RAM. Don't get me wrong, RAM has plenty of storage back there. RAM has the Fold Flat panels you have to unfold after you lift the seats due to under seat storage compartments. Chevy's seats are of a Cantilever design, so, fold the seats up and you have level floor all across the back. After working with my dealer, I was able to get this monster for $45,000. That's a FREE Diesel upgrade, and then some! Way less than Chevy or Ford were willing for the same trim level. Overall, VERY nice truck. I'm happy- :D"

Ram power

By on Thursday, May 07, 2015

Pros: "Powerful"

Cons: "Mirrors ,cup holders are to low,low air warning"

"Powerful truck,will tow anything you want to tow. You have to be carefull when the road is wet with so match power the tires spin easy. I was doing 55 mph one day and got on it to hard getting on the interstate and had the tires spin. The mirrors have an awfull design. The tire low air warning takes over the whole display.If your down one pound of air it's all you will see on the display. The cup holders are to low."

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

What an incredible truck!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

"I absolutely love the Cummins Diesel. It is a very expensive option, but it's worth it. The torque and effortless towing you get is just incredible. The new Ram's interior is best in class by a mile. It's very comfortable, spacious and feels very well made. My only two complaints are just with the base work truck ST trim. It really is a great value (Like all the other trim levels) but it should be more basic for people that just want a simple truck just for work. And my other complaint is that Ram just announced a new 850 lb-ft Cummins with an Aisin transmission for 2013. Oh, why didn't I wait???!!! Well, no big deal. I'm still extremely happy with my 2012."

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

2010.5 with over 100000 miles and still going

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pros: "besides wheels, its built to go anywhere."

Cons: "had to replace 17" whls with 20" whls (no lft rqd)"

"bought 2500 ram diesel 4x4 st in sept 2010, have run it 107000 miles as of the end of jan 2012. often idles for 8-10hrs at a time. tpms needs overall improvment imo, front ds wheel bearing went out taking the rotor and brake pads with it around 80000 mls, replaced transfer case seal due to slight leak around 90000 mls, replaced rear ps axle seal around 80000 mls. i run it hard across the country with just under 6k on the front axle, just over 5k on the rear axle, and pulling 10k on the two trailer axles and im still riding about 7000 mls a month with it. its my first diesel and four wheel drive vehicle so no comparison other than a ford will out pull me going up hill with nearly the same load. overall, i think my second vehicle will be the same dodge diesel 4x4, with an upgrade to the longhorn edition and its extras. so far, this truck has proven itself a workhorse in all conditions and extremes."

Best trade ever.

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Cummins power and deleted fuel economy."

Cons: "TPMS tire bing, MUST A Steering box stabilizer!"

"I bought my new 2011.5 Mega Cab after a long search to replace my aging GMC Duramax which was a very good truck with 268,000 somewhat trouble free miles. I have the 4x4 with every option but the sunroof which I chose the roof marker lights instead. My experience has been awesome thus far, only issues have been with the tire tpms monitoring system which sucks. I leveled mine with Thuren 2.75 springs and Thuren white shocks, it runs awesome post delete with 15.5 city"

Powerful, sturdy truck, Cummins diesel is super

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "strong, exc towing and hauling, good int & options"

Cons: "Tranny rough sometimes"

"Overall excellent vehicle. Tranny a bit jerky on up & downshift sometimes. Exc towing capability. Safe, sturdy frame, no rattles or torsion, pretty good visibility, good ride but a bit hard sometimes. A lifetime vehicle for those who want reliability and long lasting power."

Junk, bad choice for 1st new car purchase

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "looks nice, plenty of pulling power"

Cons: "unreliable, the fuel fill is a joke,"

"<300 miles-computer went out, @2500 miles batteries drain dead within 72 hours of parking, around 3500 miles erratic check engine lights, @5000 miles noticed alarm doesn't work, now at 7500 miles been in shop for two weeks with defective DEF sensor or pump or whatever. been in shop around 4 weeks total since new. one other major issue- your supposed to fill fuel with a funnel that is stored under front seat, if you don't use funnel you must fill very slowly or it will not fill."

the ramm just keeps getting better the cummins is

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "real horse to drive"

"the cummins is the only good diesel on the market you don't have to change computer for horse power have it already has it the 6 speed auto is great. i pull loades grossing 41000lb with a gooseneck trailer behind a 2500 ram and the rest of the truck is just as good. jim"

My brand new 2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

"So far, so great. The new Cummins 6.7 High Output motor is monstrously strong. This is actually my second 6.7 Cummins engine. I traded a 100% stock 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with 141,000 trouble free miles. It was a great, reliable truck. The newest HO version 6.7 is definitely stronger. This is a much better truck overall with more pulling power, a much nicer interior and a much better styling IMO. The new HO version seems to get a little better mileage than my 07 did. I get about 14.5 mpg in mixed driving (that's calculated by hand), but you have to remember that this engine is still stretching. It may get better mileage after a few thousand miles. I know a lot of people say the 5.9 was a much better motor, but I disagree. The 5.9L was a great engine, but the 6.7L is a big step up in performance. The new ram itself is miles better all around than the other Rams I've owned."

Lovin' the 2012 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Larmie

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Bang for the Buck"

Cons: "Gas Milage"

"I owned a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD before I traded it in on my 1-ton Dodge and it was a fantastic decision. You get by far more bells and whistles for the price and the interior is without a doubt more plush and luxurious to the Sierra which rattled and felt like a $5 happy meal to drive. I agree, the towing and cargo capacity is lower than the GMC and FORD but the truck is a heck of a lot nicer and you get the reliability of the Cummins Diesel."

4th truck love the fit and finish

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "It's big - Cummins - Larmine interior. Ice boxes"

Cons: "Zero so far"

"Have had a new 2012 Laramie Cummins 4x4 for 1 month. Love it. No comparison to the 06 Laramie 1500 4x4. Its a beast. 800lb torque . Interior is awesome. Have had zero issues. Very quiet smooth ride for a 2500. Got and would recommend the Garmin nav. It's a special order. Rear seat ice boxes under the floor pretty cool. Lots of thumbs up."

my second Ram Diesel, love these trucks

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "18+ mpg Leaves Toyota Tundra owners crying. lol"

Cons: "should have held out for a longbed"

"1st Ram Diesel 400,000 miles + work truck, heavy hauling,no mechanical failures. This new 2500 with 6.7L Cummins has A LOT more power. GREAT truck, great value!"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Tows heavy loads with ease and comfort, good looks"

Cons: "fuel milage could be better"

"This truck is my first diesel 4x4 equiped truck. This truck tows my 13,000 LB Raptor 5th Wheel toy hauler with little effort. The ride and comfort is excellent! Towing is a pleasure. I purchased this truck new and have owned it for 3 years and have had only one problem, a headlight wire harness problem that was repaired while under factory warranty. I wouldn't own anything but a Ram truck!"

Killed two tranmissions in 40k miles.

By on Monday, May 28, 2012

"My truck is now on its 3rd transmission in 40k miles. I will confess... I do plenty of heavy towing and stop and go driving for my work, but needing new transmissions like the engine needs fresh oil every few thousand miles is ridiculous. I've owned many other trucks with many more miles all on the original transmissions."