2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

8.2

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

I was a Ford guy until I found the RAM Mega Cab

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Pros: "Smooth ride, elegant, tall, and user friendly."

"I was in the market for a 3/4 ton truck. I liked the GMC Denali, RAM 2500 crew cab, and Ford F20 but, the RAM and GMC had too big of a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor area which made the trucks a deal breaker. I was leaning toward buying an F250. I have owned Ford trucks in the past and they have never disappointed me except for the cam phaser issue the 5.4 liter engine has. I saw a RAM 2500 Laramie with a Mega Cab on a lot and checked it out. The cab was bigger than any other cab I have been in. The cab still has a lump in the middle of the rear seat floor but, the lump was bearable. After comparing the RAM 2500 with the Ford F250, I decided to go with the RAM. I chose the RAM after reading several reviews and watching several videos. The RAM just seemed to be the better truck for me. I bought the truck in Minnesota and drove it back to California. It gave me a good idea of how the truck performed in the 2000 mile stretch that I drove it. The truck was very comfortable despite it having leather seats. The stereo system was awesome despite it being a stock radio. It has the upgraded Alpine stereo system. The lighting on the truck was impressive. The lights shined better and brighter than previous Fords I have owned. The interior lights also shined better and brighter. The interior has a low blue accented light on the door handles and lower storage areas, this was nice. The entertainment system was user friendly as well as the dashboard controls. The Bluetooth connection was flawless unlike the connection of a new Kia I had purchased which drops the Bluetooth connection in certain areas. People here me loud and clear when I use the Bluetooth phone set and I hear them loud and clear as well. The truck is slightly higher/taller than other 3/4 ton trucks. It is quite clear to see this when you drive next to them. People in those other trucks notice that too and couldn't keep their eyes off my truck. It drove like a dream on the highway. It was giving me 13.5 to 17 miles per gallon. I did not lower the speed from 80 miles an hour, even on the steep uphill areas. When I arrived to the Tahoe area on highway 80, I kept my speed at 80 miles an hour. The truck handled very smoothly on tight turns. I was very impressed how well the truck handled. I was passing every car and truck on that stretch of the road. When I arrived home in the Stockton central valley area, I checked the computer on the dashboard and it showed that my trip was close to 2000 miles. In this trip, I gassed up six times (7 with the dealer filling up the tank) and had over half a tank to spare when I arrived home. I really love this truck. The aesthetics draws the attention of people even though it is stock. I have received many compliments on it. I would recommend people to consider the new RAM trucks. I am now a new fan of RAM. I will update this review once I have put more miles on the truck. In the meantime, I am sure I will enjoy this truck to the max."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Pros: "great price, fun to drive."

Cons: "no interior center console storage in tradesman"

"Purchase the truck in June 2016. The 6.7 Cummins is an awesome engine and will pull what I need it too without breaking a sweat. Rides great. Uconnect system is great. If you need a sharp looking, hard working, practical truck that will last you a looong time, Ram 2500 equipped with 6.7 Cummins engine will take you down the road in comfort."

This is a great value for the truck

By on Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Pros: "Power, visibility, never mind the weather"

Cons: "Check engine light frequent annoyance on diesel"

"I had a string of Ford diesels over the years and I decided to ditch Ford after I got shafted by the 6.0 diesel. Neither Ram nor Ford is problem free but I can say that I have had no more minor problems with the Rams than I had with the Fords, the exception being the engine fiasco with Ford. The Cummins engine is a dream and has a long pedigree. I replaced a U joint on my Ram 2500 while under warranty. Major problem is with the government and all the gadgets attached to the diesel engine activate the check engine light frequently. But no major problem,"

Awesome truck

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "Top quality, loads of power"

Cons: "you have to really nitpick to find one"

"Had to replace my aging SuperDuty, and decided to go with a Cummins. I'm very happy I did. You get a lot more "bang for your buck" with the Ram. It's loaded with everything, and I got the base ST model which came with several upgrades. My biggest gripe is the light for the TPMS is too bright on dark rural roads, but that's it. The Cummins thinks it's a sports car engine. Fuel mileage isn't quite as good as the 7.3 Powerstroke, but it sure doesn't accelerate like a PS. The 4wd has handled everything winter here can throw at it and done it like a surefooted cat. Family loves the crew cab. It's a win-win-win."

Stout, dependable, ready

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Pros: "Fun and hearty"

Cons: "Too comfortable everyone always wants to take my t"

"The Cummins diesel motor is strong and durable with outstanding towing capabilities and the interior that is available with the Laramie package is so comfortable and functional my bride of 34 years simply loves it. Guys, there is no quicker way to get a new truck than to have one available that you bride will love, and there is no better feeling when you load her up for a 10 hour drive to visit your kids and she continually comments on how comfortable she is! WOW, what a great feeling for sure! I bought this truck at the urging of some of my buddies who are RAM owners themselves and I sure glad I did. Before buying my RAM I was a Ford F250 man but had out off buying one due to the number of diesel problems Ford continued having. I begin thinking how often or how long had it been since I heard of continuing, or even isolated problems with the Cummins… As a small business owner and a weekend rancher I depend on a truck…a truck that is dependable, performance minded and quality proven…GUTS, GLORY * RAM!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Mega Cab near Honolulu. See local deals