2013 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

8.2

Based on 58 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

great truck if you need to tow

By on Friday, August 28, 2015

Pros: "big, pulls good"

Cons: "big in town"

"great mileage, quiet and clean"

2013 RAM 2500 - Nothing Compares Period!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Capability, Luxury, Infotainment, Quite Ride"

"Longtime truck and suv owner - I always thought myself as a GM guy. I needed a truck to be able to tow a 30ft Chaparral on a triple axle - Avg tow weight 9,600lbs - I tow it 8-12 times a month between 5-50miles, with a long trip now and then 500 miles. I seriously considered the GMC Sierra Denali 2500 because of the capability and interior features and I felt the Ford was too boxy and dull. I researched and researched, test drove, spoke to owners, spoke to dealers and read blogs/watched videos. I had spent months looking over internet sites and comments. I found the truck that fits the bill and I believe that my 2013 RAM Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Cummins cannot be beat. The exterior look, interior tech / luxury appointments, capability to tow 17,000 lbs. The fit and finish is just amazing - I've packed on 5,000 miles so far and this rig rides great, the torque is off the hook, very comfortable, avg 22.5 mph highway and 17.5 city, backup camera/sensors, and the creature comforts are too cool "Remote start and the truck know's if it needs the heated seats/steering wheel to turn on or if it's hot outside to turn on the cooled seats - Very Nice!" Yeah I could have just got a base 3/4 ton truck - but I wanted something that had it all!"

A LOT of power

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, styling, great deal"

Cons: "Rough ride on washboard dirt roads"

"I've owned primarily Ford trucks in the past, (gas). Looked at all the models this time for my first Diesel, and chose the RAM Cummins, (not sure why Ford changes their Diesel engines every 2-3 years...That scared me. Chevy just didn't cut it with the interior). I've had this truck for about 3 weeks now, and the only concern that I have is being able to keep rear tires on the truck. It's heavy overall, and light in the rear. The rear tires spin easily when pulling out into traffic, but the Stabilization Control makes certain you remain in control and put the power where it needs to be. The second day I had it, I was towing a 1.5ton trailer. Never knew it was back there. The rear tires broke free during shifts when I put the pedal to the floor. Tire rubber coated the inside of the rear wheel wells. If you take it easy, she does just fine... The exhaust brake works very well when pulling, or loaded. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE EXHAUST BRAKE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY, it can cause the rear-end to loose traction, especially when hauling. The fit and finish are superb. I have the 2013 2500 Laramie w/8.4an. Lots of features. The sound system is incredible. That paired with the SUPER quiet interior, and you can listen to crisp, clear music at a low volume, (nice). The seats are comfortable, but the ride itself is stiff. I have the optional Plow Ready Package, and without the plow on, it can be jar your teeth traveling slow on washboard dirt roads. Never had any complaint on the highway, though. The rear seat configuration is great. Plenty of room for 3 large people. When you lift the seats to place items instead of people, I think Chevy did a better job. Chevy gives you more room for rear Storage than RAM. Don't get me wrong, RAM has plenty of storage back there. RAM has the Fold Flat panels you have to unfold after you lift the seats due to under seat storage compartments. Chevy's seats are of a Cantilever design, so, fold the seats up and you have level floor all across the back. After working with my dealer, I was able to get this monster for $45,000. That's a FREE Diesel upgrade, and then some! Way less than Chevy or Ford were willing for the same trim level. Overall, VERY nice truck. I'm happy- :D"

My first Ram.....my first diesel, and I love it!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride,& Reliability"

Cons: "Fuel cost."

"My Ram 2500 HD has amazing power. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is increased fuel economy. I get between 17 & 18 MPH on the highway w/o pulling my trailer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Mega Cab near Honolulu. See local deals