• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab

8.2

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best 3/4 ton truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Everything about it"

Cons: "If I have too, the fact the rear seats don't fold"

"This is by far the best truck of the 13 I have owned. I usually buy a new truck every 18 months. I drive a lot of miles both country roads and highway. It is the best fuel mileage as well. I have a gas engine and have installed k & n and I average 18 mph highway 15.8 country/city. Very nice standard features. I have not had 1 issue with this truck. I used to drive Chevy, had issues that had to FIGHT Chevy for coverage, then switched to ford and got very good at replacing ball joints. Haven't touched this or my last Dodge. Last one had 60,000 miles with original tires, brakes etc."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Cummins, room, comfort and features"

Cons: "None for me, superb product."

"I bought my RAM in October of 12. I now have just over 34k on the Cummins, and it is running absolutely GREAT! I had the N40 recall done on the diesel one month ago, and I am one of the few whose mileage increased, I went from 15 MPG highway to 18 MPG highway, a good improvement. Power and torque in the diesel is awesome, pulling my 34' trailer is a breeze. I have the Big Horn trim, black with chrome, and put 2" spacers in the front, and bigger tires, and for a rig like that to get 18 on the highway, I am very happy. I did not buy it for fuel economy, but I will take every bit I can get. I haul my family, cows, horses, friends, friends furniture, pretty much anything. I have had many compliments on the looks of my RAM, it is a good looking truck. I am very satisfied with this product. I owned a 6.0 powerstroke prior, and I will never buy another Ford diesel product. Cummins only. If you are on the fence about gas or diesel, get the diesel."

my second Ram Diesel, love these trucks

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "18+ mpg Leaves Toyota Tundra owners crying. lol"

Cons: "should have held out for a longbed"

"1st Ram Diesel 400,000 miles + work truck, heavy hauling,no mechanical failures. This new 2500 with 6.7L Cummins has A LOT more power. GREAT truck, great value!"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Tows heavy loads with ease and comfort, good looks"

Cons: "fuel milage could be better"

"This truck is my first diesel 4x4 equiped truck. This truck tows my 13,000 LB Raptor 5th Wheel toy hauler with little effort. The ride and comfort is excellent! Towing is a pleasure. I purchased this truck new and have owned it for 3 years and have had only one problem, a headlight wire harness problem that was repaired while under factory warranty. I wouldn't own anything but a Ram truck!"

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Mega Cab near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for