2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,446 - $31,925.

8.2

Based on 55 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

I like the truck but not Ram Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Ram Customer Service the WORST"

"My map light does not work, I have contacted dealer & customer service numerous times and was told they were looking into it. After 2 & half months Ram Cust Service said they have NO parts for repairs and don't know when part replacement will be available. Not that a map light is so important, but really they don't have a map light for a $61,000 truck and won't pull a part from the factory build line. I'm glad it's not a starter or gear shift or a radio knob broken they may not have those parts either. In addition to this the electronics have shut off a couple of times and you have to re-start to get them working. All in all (so far) I like the truck. But I have never had a Chevy or Ford dealer or their customer service say they don't have replacement parts. So to me the warranty is not worth nothing. I noticed the map light was not working 1 week after I purchased the truck."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

2013 RAM 2500 - Nothing Compares Period!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Capability, Luxury, Infotainment, Quite Ride"

"Longtime truck and suv owner - I always thought myself as a GM guy. I needed a truck to be able to tow a 30ft Chaparral on a triple axle - Avg tow weight 9,600lbs - I tow it 8-12 times a month between 5-50miles, with a long trip now and then 500 miles. I seriously considered the GMC Sierra Denali 2500 because of the capability and interior features and I felt the Ford was too boxy and dull. I researched and researched, test drove, spoke to owners, spoke to dealers and read blogs/watched videos. I had spent months looking over internet sites and comments. I found the truck that fits the bill and I believe that my 2013 RAM Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Cummins cannot be beat. The exterior look, interior tech / luxury appointments, capability to tow 17,000 lbs. The fit and finish is just amazing - I've packed on 5,000 miles so far and this rig rides great, the torque is off the hook, very comfortable, avg 22.5 mph highway and 17.5 city, backup camera/sensors, and the creature comforts are too cool "Remote start and the truck know's if it needs the heated seats/steering wheel to turn on or if it's hot outside to turn on the cooled seats - Very Nice!" Yeah I could have just got a base 3/4 ton truck - but I wanted something that had it all!"

A LOT of power

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, styling, great deal"

Cons: "Rough ride on washboard dirt roads"

"I've owned primarily Ford trucks in the past, (gas). Looked at all the models this time for my first Diesel, and chose the RAM Cummins, (not sure why Ford changes their Diesel engines every 2-3 years...That scared me. Chevy just didn't cut it with the interior). I've had this truck for about 3 weeks now, and the only concern that I have is being able to keep rear tires on the truck. It's heavy overall, and light in the rear. The rear tires spin easily when pulling out into traffic, but the Stabilization Control makes certain you remain in control and put the power where it needs to be. The second day I had it, I was towing a 1.5ton trailer. Never knew it was back there. The rear tires broke free during shifts when I put the pedal to the floor. Tire rubber coated the inside of the rear wheel wells. If you take it easy, she does just fine... The exhaust brake works very well when pulling, or loaded. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE EXHAUST BRAKE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY, it can cause the rear-end to loose traction, especially when hauling. The fit and finish are superb. I have the 2013 2500 Laramie w/8.4an. Lots of features. The sound system is incredible. That paired with the SUPER quiet interior, and you can listen to crisp, clear music at a low volume, (nice). The seats are comfortable, but the ride itself is stiff. I have the optional Plow Ready Package, and without the plow on, it can be jar your teeth traveling slow on washboard dirt roads. Never had any complaint on the highway, though. The rear seat configuration is great. Plenty of room for 3 large people. When you lift the seats to place items instead of people, I think Chevy did a better job. Chevy gives you more room for rear Storage than RAM. Don't get me wrong, RAM has plenty of storage back there. RAM has the Fold Flat panels you have to unfold after you lift the seats due to under seat storage compartments. Chevy's seats are of a Cantilever design, so, fold the seats up and you have level floor all across the back. After working with my dealer, I was able to get this monster for $45,000. That's a FREE Diesel upgrade, and then some! Way less than Chevy or Ford were willing for the same trim level. Overall, VERY nice truck. I'm happy- :D"