• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2013 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,565 - $30,976.

8.2

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

My first Ram.....my first diesel, and I love it!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride,& Reliability"

Cons: "Fuel cost."

"My Ram 2500 HD has amazing power. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is increased fuel economy. I get between 17 & 18 MPH on the highway w/o pulling my trailer."

Not great

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, drives well"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

Powerful, sturdy truck, Cummins diesel is super

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "strong, exc towing and hauling, good int & options"

Cons: "Tranny rough sometimes"

"Overall excellent vehicle. Tranny a bit jerky on up & downshift sometimes. Exc towing capability. Safe, sturdy frame, no rattles or torsion, pretty good visibility, good ride but a bit hard sometimes. A lifetime vehicle for those who want reliability and long lasting power."