2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 67 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

A strong truck with a nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, very interior, great value"

Cons: "Diesel engine isn't cheap."

"That Cummins can't be beat. I love the torque and the sound of this engine (Maybe a little too quiet, I guess). It is a very expensive engine to have, and it is pretty thirsty, but the towing power + the exhaust brake make it worth every penny over the Hemi. The two things I dislike about this is that the A/C system feels kind of weak. It just barely keeps up with the hottest temps. The other thing I dislike is that I find it very difficult to climb over the tailgate lip and use the tiny bumper as an up/down step. If you have a 4x4 like me, it's just makes it that much harder. I have no other real complaints. The most surprising thing about this truck is really how nice the interior is. It's no Maybach, but it's very comfortable and looks very well made in comparison to other trucks I've owned. This truck is also a pretty good value in comparison to other trucks. It has many features standard that you just wouldn't expect for the price."

I like the truck but not Ram Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Ram Customer Service the WORST"

"My map light does not work, I have contacted dealer & customer service numerous times and was told they were looking into it. After 2 & half months Ram Cust Service said they have NO parts for repairs and don't know when part replacement will be available. Not that a map light is so important, but really they don't have a map light for a $61,000 truck and won't pull a part from the factory build line. I'm glad it's not a starter or gear shift or a radio knob broken they may not have those parts either. In addition to this the electronics have shut off a couple of times and you have to re-start to get them working. All in all (so far) I like the truck. But I have never had a Chevy or Ford dealer or their customer service say they don't have replacement parts. So to me the warranty is not worth nothing. I noticed the map light was not working 1 week after I purchased the truck."

Love Dislike Relationship

By on Thursday, January 28, 2016

Pros: "Very comfortable and easy to drive. Great engine"

Cons: "Read my dislike comments"

"First the dislike portion. When I first bought this truck, It was a dream to me. Drove great, great comfort and plenty of power. Then came the DEF problems around 5000 miles. It spent close to 30 days over a period of a year trying to fix the DEF warning. "This truck will shut off in 150 miles" warning occurred three times, twice while I was more than 150 miles from home. It actually wont shut off but go into what they call limp mode which is 5 MPH. Not convenient when you are out of town. Thankfully, the local dealers in those areas were able to clear the codes after having to leave the truck for an average of 4 hours so I could drive home. This problem has been since cleared up but only after they replaced the DEF tank, pump and catalytic converter. It has had several recalls for the brakes (software), front end, airbag (software) and has had some other minor bugs like software problems causing the stereo and backup cameras to falter. The batteries had to be replaced after one year of service. Expensive proposition after your warranty is over. Mine were still under warranty. I will see what happens in a year. Even though I rotate the tires every 4000 miles myself and keep the TP right, the tires showed significant wear on the outside at 20000 miles. I just had an alignment done if see if that helps. Also be prepared to spend close to $300 every 15000 miles on two fuel filters. The cost of those filters alone are $180 without the labor if using mopar parts. The oil filter for those who change the oil themselves is also a bit tricky. You have to remove the right front tire (if you don't have access to a lift) to get to it. Even then, it took me a few times to figure how to get the filter out without spilling the contents all over the place. A plastic bag and saran wrap work well. The love portion. The engine, the engine, the engine!!! OMG, what a smooth running powerhouse (Cummings) The tranny shifts great also. The interior on my Limited is more comfortable on long rides than anyone could imagine. The stereo rocks also, especially when playing a CD, HD media or HD radio station. The handling is fantastic as well. The ride is perfect. Good sturdy suspension without any of the mush associated with those trucks that ride like cars. This truck is a mile long and does not have such a good turning radius so be prepared to use reverse and the backup camera quite a bit but that is not a complaint, just a hey it comes with the truck type of deal. This is my third diesel truck and hopefully if all the bugs are taken care of, my last for a while. The service department in all of the dealers I visited have been top notch. Chrysler really should be commended for taken good care of their customers. If it weren't for that, I would have traded this truck in. If you are in the market for a used one, I would suggest making sure that it has had any DEF problems fixed. Hopefully RAM has figured out how to solve the DEF problems in the newer trucks but they have been going on since DEF was introduced in 2007 or so. Yeah, I complained a bit in this review but when this truck is running good, it blows the doors off of other trucks in its class."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

I love it.

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I recently purchased a 2011 Ram 2500 Laramie MegaCab. I spent a lot of time researching my decision prior to my purchases and test drove then all. I liked Ford's Lariat interior better but Dodge did a pretty good job too. I did not want to be a guinea pig on a new engine that has only been out for a year. I love this truck it is comfortable and drivers really nice, and I can haul a lot of weight and don't even notice, the truck drives the same, you don't even feel it. I love this truck and I am not regretting my purchase at all."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals