• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 46 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

nice ride

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "Like it for the auxillary sound system"

Cons: "price is to high"

"This 2013 Ram 2500 ccb Cummins turbo diesel rides and drives better than any HD truck I have owned and it gets upwards of 19.5 to 20.5 on the freeway and secondary roads, and rides very good and is very responsive from the stop, or while traveling, have had no major issues, the only thing I do not like is the tpms and the reason for that is the low pressure light is always on because I do not and will not keep max pressure in the tires nor will I keep the 60 lbs front nor the 45 lbs rear tire pressure because the 80 lb rear is to high not loaded and the 45 lb light load for the same is way to low. 45 lbs wears the shoulders out and the 80 if not loaded wears the center out. The 60 lb front seems to be okay, but I change the tire pressure after a few thousand to try and keep the tire wear even all around, and the high pressure and the low pressure in the back can and does cause premature tire wear. I run anywhere from 50 to 60 lbs all around when not loaded and when loaded I run 70 or maybe a little more all around and that makes for better economy and tire wear. The big white ox I own is the best Ram I have ever owned. The oil being constantly black because of the oil making these new epa controlled diesels do is not good for the engine nor ... leave it at that, the Ram Cummins is still a very nice vehicle to drive and the interior , transmission are also good."

Every good truck, minimal issues

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Performance & looks"

Cons: "Economy & space"

"Not the best with mileage, but it could be worse. It looks great, and I get a lot of compliments on it, more than any other vehicle, but it is large. Plenty of room, but it can be tough to park in the city. In the country, it rules, but in the city, it can be a challenge at times."

Best 3/4 ton truck I have ever owned

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Everything about it"

Cons: "If I have too, the fact the rear seats don't fold"

"This is by far the best truck of the 13 I have owned. I usually buy a new truck every 18 months. I drive a lot of miles both country roads and highway. It is the best fuel mileage as well. I have a gas engine and have installed k & n and I average 18 mph highway 15.8 country/city. Very nice standard features. I have not had 1 issue with this truck. I used to drive Chevy, had issues that had to FIGHT Chevy for coverage, then switched to ford and got very good at replacing ball joints. Haven't touched this or my last Dodge. Last one had 60,000 miles with original tires, brakes etc."

Great Truck

By on Sunday, June 08, 2014

Pros: "Cummins, room, comfort and features"

Cons: "None for me, superb product."

"I bought my RAM in October of 12. I now have just over 34k on the Cummins, and it is running absolutely GREAT! I had the N40 recall done on the diesel one month ago, and I am one of the few whose mileage increased, I went from 15 MPG highway to 18 MPG highway, a good improvement. Power and torque in the diesel is awesome, pulling my 34' trailer is a breeze. I have the Big Horn trim, black with chrome, and put 2" spacers in the front, and bigger tires, and for a rig like that to get 18 on the highway, I am very happy. I did not buy it for fuel economy, but I will take every bit I can get. I haul my family, cows, horses, friends, friends furniture, pretty much anything. I have had many compliments on the looks of my RAM, it is a good looking truck. I am very satisfied with this product. I owned a 6.0 powerstroke prior, and I will never buy another Ford diesel product. Cummins only. If you are on the fence about gas or diesel, get the diesel."

my second Ram Diesel, love these trucks

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "18+ mpg Leaves Toyota Tundra owners crying. lol"

Cons: "should have held out for a longbed"

"1st Ram Diesel 400,000 miles + work truck, heavy hauling,no mechanical failures. This new 2500 with 6.7L Cummins has A LOT more power. GREAT truck, great value!"

I love this truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Tows heavy loads with ease and comfort, good looks"

Cons: "fuel milage could be better"

"This truck is my first diesel 4x4 equiped truck. This truck tows my 13,000 LB Raptor 5th Wheel toy hauler with little effort. The ride and comfort is excellent! Towing is a pleasure. I purchased this truck new and have owned it for 3 years and have had only one problem, a headlight wire harness problem that was repaired while under factory warranty. I wouldn't own anything but a Ram truck!"

Cons: "AT is not as good as my 97 F350"

"This is my 3rd Ram Cummins. Cummins is the reason that I stayed with Ram. Huge power and acceleration when compared to past Ram's. My biggest issue is the transmission. The 1st Ram AT that I have owned. Aside from rarely being in the correct gear, It slips when upshifting in gears 3-4 and 4-5. Had it to 3 dealers, most recent told me that it was designed for economy and that is the way it is. Explains why it doesn't downshift when it should. Ram made several improvements with this model year, such as disconnecting the front hubs when not in 4x4, bigger rear seat, DEF system, lower RPMs via a 3:42 rear end. The transmission would likely shift better if the ratio was 3:55. Mileage is not as good as expected, maybe 18 hwy."

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

"I love the look and feel of this truck. The price was pretty good at the time of purchase. The gas mileage is horrible. 14 around town. 17.5 on highway. tows great and a lot of power. Had a paint issue (faded in one spot). I bought this truck because of the price and look. We will see if it holds it's value."

wouldn't have anything else!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "great price, great ride, great comfort."

Cons: "cigarette lighter hidden behind my knee."

"I wouldn't own anything but a MOPAR. Most reliable vehicle out there. Starts and runs GREAT, rugged styling, comfortable interior, does whatever I want it to do (and some things I don't need it to do!). The truck is smarter than me. It turns the lights, wipers on automaticly, has memory seats, talk to it and it responds - it is smarter than me!"

Powerful, sturdy truck, Cummins diesel is super

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "strong, exc towing and hauling, good int & options"

Cons: "Tranny rough sometimes"

"Overall excellent vehicle. Tranny a bit jerky on up & downshift sometimes. Exc towing capability. Safe, sturdy frame, no rattles or torsion, pretty good visibility, good ride but a bit hard sometimes. A lifetime vehicle for those who want reliability and long lasting power."

Came without a flaw.

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Design, looks, performance (Hemi motor)"

Cons: "Stiff ride"

"Outstanding truck. The only issue is the ride is a bit stiff. Took it to Florida (2500 mile trip) and it was very comfortable on the highway."

brand new truck

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "new, brand new"

Cons: "non new"

"Bought this 2013 dually with all options fully equipped for a 2 Dr truck only had for 2 months. Was going to use to pull a trailer that fell through."

Strong,quick,reliable,handles great,looks great

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Exceptional power, handles very well, roomy,value"

Cons: "17" wheels"

"Better mileage than Ford, stronger than needs be, turns better than Ford,absolutely best value for a 3/4 diesel truck.Power and handling are superb. My only whine is the stock 17" wheels, a little bigger tire makes this thing a 10 all around."

to many problems motor and trasmision broke down a

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "price is good"

Cons: "doors interiors to noise"

"to noise in the doors"

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

Junk, bad choice for 1st new car purchase

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "looks nice, plenty of pulling power"

Cons: "unreliable, the fuel fill is a joke,"

"<300 miles-computer went out, @2500 miles batteries drain dead within 72 hours of parking, around 3500 miles erratic check engine lights, @5000 miles noticed alarm doesn't work, now at 7500 miles been in shop for two weeks with defective DEF sensor or pump or whatever. been in shop around 4 weeks total since new. one other major issue- your supposed to fill fuel with a funnel that is stored under front seat, if you don't use funnel you must fill very slowly or it will not fill."

A LOT of power

By on Monday, November 18, 2013

Pros: "Plenty of power, styling, great deal"

Cons: "Rough ride on washboard dirt roads"

"I've owned primarily Ford trucks in the past, (gas). Looked at all the models this time for my first Diesel, and chose the RAM Cummins, (not sure why Ford changes their Diesel engines every 2-3 years...That scared me. Chevy just didn't cut it with the interior). I've had this truck for about 3 weeks now, and the only concern that I have is being able to keep rear tires on the truck. It's heavy overall, and light in the rear. The rear tires spin easily when pulling out into traffic, but the Stabilization Control makes certain you remain in control and put the power where it needs to be. The second day I had it, I was towing a 1.5ton trailer. Never knew it was back there. The rear tires broke free during shifts when I put the pedal to the floor. Tire rubber coated the inside of the rear wheel wells. If you take it easy, she does just fine... The exhaust brake works very well when pulling, or loaded. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE EXHAUST BRAKE WHEN THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY, it can cause the rear-end to loose traction, especially when hauling. The fit and finish are superb. I have the 2013 2500 Laramie w/8.4an. Lots of features. The sound system is incredible. That paired with the SUPER quiet interior, and you can listen to crisp, clear music at a low volume, (nice). The seats are comfortable, but the ride itself is stiff. I have the optional Plow Ready Package, and without the plow on, it can be jar your teeth traveling slow on washboard dirt roads. Never had any complaint on the highway, though. The rear seat configuration is great. Plenty of room for 3 large people. When you lift the seats to place items instead of people, I think Chevy did a better job. Chevy gives you more room for rear Storage than RAM. Don't get me wrong, RAM has plenty of storage back there. RAM has the Fold Flat panels you have to unfold after you lift the seats due to under seat storage compartments. Chevy's seats are of a Cantilever design, so, fold the seats up and you have level floor all across the back. After working with my dealer, I was able to get this monster for $45,000. That's a FREE Diesel upgrade, and then some! Way less than Chevy or Ford were willing for the same trim level. Overall, VERY nice truck. I'm happy- :D"

so capable

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "go any where do what ever"

"Quit trying to find a goos 4 wheel drive and buy the best"

Awesome Dodge truck

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

"We have the 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie. Owned 3 others just great trucks. Each time we have upgraded. Love them and no issues."

the ramm just keeps getting better the cummins is

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "real horse to drive"

"the cummins is the only good diesel on the market you don't have to change computer for horse power have it already has it the 6 speed auto is great. i pull loades grossing 41000lb with a gooseneck trailer behind a 2500 ram and the rest of the truck is just as good. jim"

I like the truck but not Ram Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Ram Customer Service the WORST"

"My map light does not work, I have contacted dealer & customer service numerous times and was told they were looking into it. After 2 & half months Ram Cust Service said they have NO parts for repairs and don't know when part replacement will be available. Not that a map light is so important, but really they don't have a map light for a $61,000 truck and won't pull a part from the factory build line. I'm glad it's not a starter or gear shift or a radio knob broken they may not have those parts either. In addition to this the electronics have shut off a couple of times and you have to re-start to get them working. All in all (so far) I like the truck. But I have never had a Chevy or Ford dealer or their customer service say they don't have replacement parts. So to me the warranty is not worth nothing. I noticed the map light was not working 1 week after I purchased the truck."

My first Ram.....my first diesel, and I love it!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride,& Reliability"

Cons: "Fuel cost."

"My Ram 2500 HD has amazing power. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is increased fuel economy. I get between 17 & 18 MPH on the highway w/o pulling my trailer."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals