• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

8.2

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

2013 RAM 2500 - Nothing Compares Period!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Capability, Luxury, Infotainment, Quite Ride"

"Longtime truck and suv owner - I always thought myself as a GM guy. I needed a truck to be able to tow a 30ft Chaparral on a triple axle - Avg tow weight 9,600lbs - I tow it 8-12 times a month between 5-50miles, with a long trip now and then 500 miles. I seriously considered the GMC Sierra Denali 2500 because of the capability and interior features and I felt the Ford was too boxy and dull. I researched and researched, test drove, spoke to owners, spoke to dealers and read blogs/watched videos. I had spent months looking over internet sites and comments. I found the truck that fits the bill and I believe that my 2013 RAM Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Cummins cannot be beat. The exterior look, interior tech / luxury appointments, capability to tow 17,000 lbs. The fit and finish is just amazing - I've packed on 5,000 miles so far and this rig rides great, the torque is off the hook, very comfortable, avg 22.5 mph highway and 17.5 city, backup camera/sensors, and the creature comforts are too cool "Remote start and the truck know's if it needs the heated seats/steering wheel to turn on or if it's hot outside to turn on the cooled seats - Very Nice!" Yeah I could have just got a base 3/4 ton truck - but I wanted something that had it all!"

A strong truck with a nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, very interior, great value"

Cons: "Diesel engine isn't cheap."

"That Cummins can't be beat. I love the torque and the sound of this engine (Maybe a little too quiet, I guess). It is a very expensive engine to have, and it is pretty thirsty, but the towing power + the exhaust brake make it worth every penny over the Hemi. The two things I dislike about this is that the A/C system feels kind of weak. It just barely keeps up with the hottest temps. The other thing I dislike is that I find it very difficult to climb over the tailgate lip and use the tiny bumper as an up/down step. If you have a 4x4 like me, it's just makes it that much harder. I have no other real complaints. The most surprising thing about this truck is really how nice the interior is. It's no Maybach, but it's very comfortable and looks very well made in comparison to other trucks I've owned. This truck is also a pretty good value in comparison to other trucks. It has many features standard that you just wouldn't expect for the price."

good value for your money

By on Sunday, January 05, 2014

Pros: "lots of room,great looks and ride,great powertrain"

Cons: "dissappointing mpg"

"I needed a truck to tow my 12thousand pound fifth wheel ,I tow maybe 4/6 times a year ,I chose the new 6.4litre hemi2500 crew cab,great looks,awesome traction in snow and ice even in 2 wheel drive,tons of passenger room,quiet interior,i have owned cummins in the past but found it hard to justify the extra 6k or so for the diesel option for as little as I tow ,I used to get 16mpg with my old cummins but only 13.5 with this new 6.4,highway miles hand calculated,,,,very happy with my new truck just wish the fuel mileage was better,this motor has the cyclinder deactivation technology but I don't think 4 cyclinders is going to move six and a half thousand pounds too well ,,lol,,,hope someone finds this useful,if cost was not an issue I would have bought the cummins"

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 2500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals