2011 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

I like the truck but not Ram Customer Service

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Looks good"

Cons: "Ram Customer Service the WORST"

"My map light does not work, I have contacted dealer & customer service numerous times and was told they were looking into it. After 2 & half months Ram Cust Service said they have NO parts for repairs and don't know when part replacement will be available. Not that a map light is so important, but really they don't have a map light for a $61,000 truck and won't pull a part from the factory build line. I'm glad it's not a starter or gear shift or a radio knob broken they may not have those parts either. In addition to this the electronics have shut off a couple of times and you have to re-start to get them working. All in all (so far) I like the truck. But I have never had a Chevy or Ford dealer or their customer service say they don't have replacement parts. So to me the warranty is not worth nothing. I noticed the map light was not working 1 week after I purchased the truck."

I finally found a truck I'm happy with.

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Cummins engine, interior, styling, problem free"

Cons: "MPG"

"After years of problems with a couple of Ford PSD 6.0s, a PSD 6.4 and a Duramax diesel, I finally own a truck that isn't giving me problems. Never owned a Ram Cummins before, but now I don't think I could ever own anything different. This truck is absolutely awesome inside and out. The interior is comfortable, it has excellent fit an finish, it handles well, it has the nicest styling of any truck on the market imo, the Cummins 6.7 diesel is a hardcore pulling machine, it's also a much better equipped truck for the money you pay. I really have no major complaints in the last the 30,000+ miles. I guess I wish the steering wheel had more adjustment for taller drivers (People like me). Mileage is not as good as some other diesels, but fuel economy wasn't why I bought the truck in the first place. I think brake feel and stopping power is a little better on the Chevy trucks, but that's really the worst I can come up with. I wouldn't go back to a Chevy and DEFINITELY will never buy anything with a Ford Powerstroke badge ever again. Everything else about this truck is just better. It's been 100% problem free, it's strong, it's got a better interior and you just get more for your money. If you're looking for a HD truck, I'd definitely recommended the Ram."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted