• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck
2011 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

love the Cummins!

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Cummins"

Cons: "DPF filter"

"Purchased this truck new in '12. I love the power of the Cummmins Turbo Diesel! The truck drives very nice a little wandering on highway like all the diesel Rams but an after market stabilizer would help. I've towed a 26' trailer with it and it was like nothing was there 16-18 on highway and 14-15 in town not bad for a 7k pound truck, while towing I got 13mpg. The few draw backs I have are this: I wanted a manual shift transfer case but that only came with the base truck so I had to give up leather seats and a good radio with back up camera plus I dont like the DPF filter really hits you on HP and MPG."

2013 RAM 2500 - Nothing Compares Period!

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Capability, Luxury, Infotainment, Quite Ride"

"Longtime truck and suv owner - I always thought myself as a GM guy. I needed a truck to be able to tow a 30ft Chaparral on a triple axle - Avg tow weight 9,600lbs - I tow it 8-12 times a month between 5-50miles, with a long trip now and then 500 miles. I seriously considered the GMC Sierra Denali 2500 because of the capability and interior features and I felt the Ford was too boxy and dull. I researched and researched, test drove, spoke to owners, spoke to dealers and read blogs/watched videos. I had spent months looking over internet sites and comments. I found the truck that fits the bill and I believe that my 2013 RAM Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Cummins cannot be beat. The exterior look, interior tech / luxury appointments, capability to tow 17,000 lbs. The fit and finish is just amazing - I've packed on 5,000 miles so far and this rig rides great, the torque is off the hook, very comfortable, avg 22.5 mph highway and 17.5 city, backup camera/sensors, and the creature comforts are too cool "Remote start and the truck know's if it needs the heated seats/steering wheel to turn on or if it's hot outside to turn on the cooled seats - Very Nice!" Yeah I could have just got a base 3/4 ton truck - but I wanted something that had it all!"

A strong truck with a nice interior

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Cummins, very interior, great value"

Cons: "Diesel engine isn't cheap."

"That Cummins can't be beat. I love the torque and the sound of this engine (Maybe a little too quiet, I guess). It is a very expensive engine to have, and it is pretty thirsty, but the towing power + the exhaust brake make it worth every penny over the Hemi. The two things I dislike about this is that the A/C system feels kind of weak. It just barely keeps up with the hottest temps. The other thing I dislike is that I find it very difficult to climb over the tailgate lip and use the tiny bumper as an up/down step. If you have a 4x4 like me, it's just makes it that much harder. I have no other real complaints. The most surprising thing about this truck is really how nice the interior is. It's no Maybach, but it's very comfortable and looks very well made in comparison to other trucks I've owned. This truck is also a pretty good value in comparison to other trucks. It has many features standard that you just wouldn't expect for the price."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted