• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,990 - $24,063.

10/7.8

Based on 234 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

rams are hands down, the best trucks on the market

By on Monday, June 22, 2015

"i've had my 14' ram 1500 crew cab longhorn Laramie 4x4 for a little over a year now, i traded in my 05' ram on it and talk about a night and day difference! the ride is without compare, it feels like your just hovering in a large spaceship or something, hard to explain, just feels of quality, power is class leading i believe and the 5.7 mated to the 8 speed trans really gets this beast moving. the interior is where ram really outshines competitors, of course with the longhorn trim level, its alot more luxurious, and that is just what it is, better than most luxury cars! ventilated seats are really nice though. only draw backs of thr truck are fuel economy, which isn't all that bad for a 5300lb truck, and most truck owners don't expect 30mpg or anything, and truck seems a little under-braked, other than that, a dream to drive, even after a year, i still get excited to drive this truck anywhere, be it to the corner store or extended road trip. if anyone's thinking about buying a ram. do it, you'll be very happy and know that your in the best truck thats available on the market."

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Never had any trouble since I own it.

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "$2000.00 easy to handle"

Cons: "has two cup holder"

"Just need a larger truck."

total package, excellent truck

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "drive it and you will see, everything"

Cons: "none yet"

"this truck is great, all the comforts of a SUV with the capabilities of Truck when needed. Power and looks, can take this truck to any venue and fit in, Games, dinner, night out on town, church. This truck is the total package."