• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,727 - $24,670.

10/7.8

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a Lexus-tows like a truck..."

Cons: "PERFECT vehicle other than a slight rattle in dash"

"This is the most comfortable, smooth riding truck I have ever owned. Compliant suspension, yet solid handling when the going get rough. 390 HP Hemi is very tame in town, but when you push the pedal to the floor, had great power for passing or towing. At 55 years old, I can honestly say it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Will sell soon to by a 2014 Ram."

2012 Ram 1500 is an awesome truck!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, ride, handling, comfort, traction on 4x2"

Cons: "Stock headlights"

"No doubt this is the best driving truck - very comfortable. Plenty of power with the Hemi and I'm quite surprised I average 17 mpg in mostly city driving. This truck beats my Armada by 3-4 mpg in the same driving! The Uconnect works flawlessly and the cabin is really laid out nicely. I am extremely happy with this truck. I have the 4x2 with locking differential and it handles very good in the snow and ice. The dislikes are pretty minor - I could use more front seat head room (I'm tall at 6' 4" and the ceiling is lower than other models). I think the stock headlights are pretty dim so I replaced with CCFL's. Very happy with this truck and I would definitely buy a RAM again."

Not bad.....better than I expected!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great value, awesome everyday truck. Versatile!"

Cons: "Eats up gas and I hate the factory tires. Safety f"

"First off I wanna say that this is the best truck I've ever owned. I have had a 2010 Dodge Ram loved it, but this one seems to be better on gas and much faster for its size.To me this truck comes in at #2 that particular year. And the only reason why I say that is because the Silverado was a great truck that year in terms of reliability and durability.The F-150 I would place #3, great truck but not enough engine power in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about this truck is the steering wheel handling. It feels like theres no stability behind it,very free flow type of feel. And also after about 50,000 miles you wanna upgrade and maintenance on some things. And not a great fan of the Goodyear tires, I like the Toyo's better. Rather than that.....great truck.....great value!"

never had any warranty work yet

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "comfy ride and fun to drive,set up high"

Cons: "none yet"

"I haven't found anything I don't like. I have put a cold air intake kit on it and fuel mileage increased 1.5 mpg also had it rustproofed,paint sealant,interior protection and sound deadening.i luv my truck."

excellent

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "all"

"excellent best truck money can buy"

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Best truck on the market

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Ride and looks"

Cons: "Nothing as of yet"

"I have had this truck for just over a year and absolutely love it. Comfort,ride,looks are all great. Had a 2006 mega cab ram before this and somehow they were able to make the ride even better. Pulls a load with ease. Great truck"

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

total package, excellent truck

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "drive it and you will see, everything"

Cons: "none yet"

"this truck is great, all the comforts of a SUV with the capabilities of Truck when needed. Power and looks, can take this truck to any venue and fit in, Games, dinner, night out on town, church. This truck is the total package."

Truck has some issues that you should know about

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Clothes hangers are placed so that the rear view !"

"Initially, I test-drove a V-6 and a Hemi-8. I thought that the V-6 was a bit weak on the long hills here in NW Georgia. But, the salesman at Dodge convinced me that after the first oil change the power of the motor would increase enough to give it the power needed. I bought the V-6. First oil change gave the truck no more increase in power/performance. Than, I used the AC and the truck's power dipped down a bit more! The "Uconnect" computer system with its touch-screen is also problematic. The radio will not shut off. The sound can be muted but, will come back on each time you start up the motor. Very annoying! The GPS/Navigation system is "pre-programmed" and when you want to find a location you MUST know exactly the part of a city or town where that street is or, the system will not allow you to map it. Good luck! The Bluetooth system has been off and on all by itself. This computerized system is an expensive option that I could have done without! Yes, I have brought the truck in for trouble-shooting and I am told each time that this is the way this truck and its components are "supposed to work." On the positive side: this truck is comfortable, quiet riding and it does get good MPG at about 17/18 around town and 21/23 on the long drives at highway speeds."