• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,661 - $24,608.

10/7.8

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Great vehicle and Great value

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful vehicle for the price"

Cons: "Its not for around town driving"

"I shopped all the major truck brands before deciding on a vehicle. When looked at the 1500 I found a much nicer vehicle than all the others for a lot less. I have been impressed with this truck since I purchased it. It rides great and is very quit on the highway. It tows a 6.5k pound boat and trailer with ease. The boat is the only reason I have a truck. The fuel economy definitely makes me hate driving around town for errands. The only issue I have at this point is a minor rattle in my passenger door. I have not tried to get it fixed yet. If you need a truck or just want one then I highly recommend RAM !"

Has been a great truck

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Great driver, pulls our trailer with ease Love it"

Pulls a trailer with ease and rides like a car.

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great Ride"

Cons: "Rear gate is heavy"

"Mileage is better in warm weather. Get the higher gear rear end unless you tow a lot. Get 19.5 on highway and 16.5 around town. Not as good as my last one by 10% with a higher gear rear. Will have a new one soon for my 4th. Unless you carry people on a regular basis get the quad cab. Easy to load groceries and stuff in the back and great for a dog to ride along. Don't forget the rear camera. The GPS on the Ram is head and shoulders above my wife's Caddy."

Decent

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Good power."

Cons: "Has defects in the paint."

"The mpg is not as good as the window sticker suggests. I am concerned about how soon the body will rust. Had some minor body flaws when I purchased dealer tried to fix and did a so-so job. The reason I bought brand new was I wanted a perfect truck. It is close but has minor defects in the paint. I will be looking closer at Chevy and Ford on my next truck."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Roomy with controls easy to reach. Seats are made for a larger man with comfort in mind. The V8 has plenty of power, i also get on an average of 19 mpg."

My first Dodge Ram truck, it is great!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Very decent gas mileage for a big truck,"

Cons: "AC seems to take longer to cool the cab."

"This truck is so responsive to the gas pedal that it feels and acts like a much lighter vehicle, could almost use the word "nimble" in traffic. Rides great cruising at 75 on interstate. Mine has all the bells and whistles that I probably would not have ordered, they just came with the Lonestar Edition. I really like the truck. I drove GMC trucks from 1990 to 2013, this Ram is much better than my last GMC (a 2006 model that had problems almost from day one). And it is obvious that a lot of thought and engineering went into so many of the convenience features, it is very "user friendly"."

EcoDiesel makes this truck a steal!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, fuel mileage, interior comfort & ride"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have this truck for 1 month with 2600 miles and it has lived up to the reviews and hype! The truck is very reliable with the radio and electronics. The diesel engine has returned excellent mpg ratings - 27-31 on the highway and around 22-24 in town. Keep it around 67 to 69 mph and you can achieve 30 mph, if you keep it around 74-75, then you are around 26-27 mph. Really awesome fuel mileage. The hands-free phone interface works very well and will allow you to call with short sentences like "Call John Smith Mobile". The heated/cooled seats works very efficiently. Interior noise is kept to minimum. Only items to add to this Laramie package in the future would be surround cameras and radar-controlled cruise control."

This is my fourth Ram since 1999

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive and look at."

Cons: "Screen on Stereo display very bright at night."

"I am truly happy with this truck. This is my fourth Ram since 1999 and my third HEMI. This truck is solid and very comfortable to drive. Any time we have to drive on a long trip we take this. Even my wife who is only five feet tall (on a good day) is comfortable driving this truck. We have had no reliability issues with this vehicle and the quality of the build is excellent. It is hard on gas, but it's a truck with a HEMI. I expected nothing else. We have no real complaints about this vehicle, even today, almost 4 years after purchase and 45,000 miles, no squeeks or rattle and the motor and transmission are as strong as ever. The only complaint I have is in reference to the light on the stereo unit. I have the top of the line unit with a huge screen. Unfortunately at night when backing up, the screen is so bright I have a hard time seeing out of my right front window. I wish there were a way to dim the light on the stereo face. When it is time for my next truck, I will not hesitate to look at the Ram again."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a Lexus-tows like a truck..."

Cons: "PERFECT vehicle other than a slight rattle in dash"

"This is the most comfortable, smooth riding truck I have ever owned. Compliant suspension, yet solid handling when the going get rough. 390 HP Hemi is very tame in town, but when you push the pedal to the floor, had great power for passing or towing. At 55 years old, I can honestly say it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Will sell soon to by a 2014 Ram."

2012 Ram 1500 is an awesome truck!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, ride, handling, comfort, traction on 4x2"

Cons: "Stock headlights"

"No doubt this is the best driving truck - very comfortable. Plenty of power with the Hemi and I'm quite surprised I average 17 mpg in mostly city driving. This truck beats my Armada by 3-4 mpg in the same driving! The Uconnect works flawlessly and the cabin is really laid out nicely. I am extremely happy with this truck. I have the 4x2 with locking differential and it handles very good in the snow and ice. The dislikes are pretty minor - I could use more front seat head room (I'm tall at 6' 4" and the ceiling is lower than other models). I think the stock headlights are pretty dim so I replaced with CCFL's. Very happy with this truck and I would definitely buy a RAM again."